You pick the mod

UncleMo

I am strongly considering bringing over the below faces from MVP 2004 to MVP 2005.

Here's the deal. I have them shown below. You pick which face you like the most by simply posting the number under the face. For example, I like the first face and last face. I would say 1 and 15 then. You do the same.

untitled8ab.jpg

Please tell me which generic face from 2005 you DISLIKE as well. So I can gauge which one to remove from 2005 and which one to import and upload for everyone to download. BTW, whatever face everyone likes will come with portraits.

Any comments or questions, just post em here. Mo.

PS, let me know if I need to post a print screen of all 2005 faces for everyone to choose to get rid of.

Thank you Hory for sending me each file necessary. Thank you.

I like #6-7 because they look as though they're trying to read a t-shirt with some double entendre or innuendo, and they're not getting the joke.

That's what I look for in a baseball player, inability to understand kitsch wittiness. I learned that from reading Moneyball.

--Eric

I will get together a print screen of all 2005 faces and you can make decisions on what to get rid of. I'll take this thread as a running poll, and allow you to be able to download and install these faces into your game for the PC version. Keep responses coming. Thanks, Mo.

Ok from this point on, state what you want to have from 2004, and what you want to have taken OUT now that I have provided a print screen.

Keep in mind, if you say you want face 15 from 2004, that one can only replace face face 15 from 2005 because that is the darkest skin colored african american. You can't have 2 face 15's in the game or else you have to assign face 15 to replace another player's body which will have not as dark as skin as his face. Just a little FYI you may already know.

Ah, what the heck, just spit out your answers, I'll make notes based on the general consensus....here we go!

16rw.jpg

Since I have a face mod already replacing my face number 4 face from 05, with a dude having sunglasses, I think the next worse one is face 12 from 2005, and I plan on getting rid of that one when I'm done with my other modding project and listen to what you guys want me to do with this mod. I'm all ears on whatever you all want/don't want. Just remember to say what face, from what year, and lez do it.

Jogar84: Err, 6 is asian. You like 12 and 6 from 2004, or do you dislike 21 and 6 from 2005? And who is that in yoru avatar because I like your avatara but I'm not sure who it is...Lou Diamond Phillips with Piazza?

If anyone can send me the facial hair files from their MVP 2004 that would would be great so that the portraits will match the facial hair. Some of the goatees on the portraits of the 2004 players look different from 2005's facial hairs. Just send them in a zipped file to (email edited out). Don't bother sending spam there, that is a throwaway account. Thanks. Mo.

Hory went out of the way for us all and sent me the facial hair files so I'll review them and make sure things match up with the portraits that go with the players.

BTW, all thanks should be given to him for going out of his way to get this thing going. Just FYI.

Jogar84: Err, 6 is asian. You like 12 and 6 from 2004, or do you dislike 21 and 6 from 2005? And who is that in yoru avatar because I like your avatara but I'm not sure who it is...Lou Diamond Phillips with Piazza?

If anyone can send me the facial hair files from their MVP 2004 that would would be great so that the portraits will match the facial hair. Some of the goatees on the portraits of the 2004 players look different from 2005's facial hairs. Just send them in a zipped file to (email edited out). Don't bother sending spam there, that is a throwaway account. Thanks. Mo.

i like 12 and 6 from 04.

And that is Benny Agbayani, now with Bobby Valentine in Japan, with Piazza.

This mod is on a hold. My PC may have died on me. I'm not sure if it is the hard drive, power supply, Ram, or my video card. My PC powers up but looks like the monitor wont' work. I can't quote the error mesage I get, but it is the same error message that comes up when the OS won't start up, as if there is something wrong with the MONITOR of all things, even though it ain't the monitor. I'll see about getting some PC repair, and then get going on this. Luckily for me, I happen to have this mod at my work PC as well. As for everything else, that was all on my home PC. Yikes.

UPDATE: Power Supply has come in the mail and was installed. It isn't the problem. I am going to look into whether it is the Bios or the Video card or something. Could also be the motherboard but I'll know when I know. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm trying the asian one as a top priority this week. Problem is that the .ord and .orl files from 05 can't be replace because cyberface modders won't look into how to change the 2005 generic ord's and orl files.

The faces from 04 are great, but when I put them on an 05 ord and orl they get distorted into looking very similar to the 2005 generics. The asian face may work only because his face is bigger than the head of the 05. I'll see what I can come up with. I like a lot of those faces but we'll see if I can atleast get one first-the asian.

asian face from 04 doesn't look the same since the ord and orl file in 05 can not be changed.

here is a preview of what it would look like if it were in 05:

In the print screen you see here, I already know the nose looks messed up, that was my fault.

I'll attempt face number 14 from 04.

I did take shin-soo choo and that is what is in my avatar. Just useless FYI.

Face 14 came out so horrible that I won't bother to post a screenshot. I will no longer try this out. If the faces were 05 styles they'd be easier to try out, but since they are 04 styled faces, I have to do a lot of work only to find out they are either "Meh" or "Puke" looking.

Archived