No Help in this community.

nirvana

I asked and asked, I searched, I tried to learn.

No one helps.

Thanks guys.

No one explains mbe files, no one tells me anything.

Nice community. :roll:

I just wanted to add Huston Street (w/photos) and some others to my roster, but apparently it's not going to happen.

Don't go yelling at me about being a newbie or rude or something.

For a week I have tried to learn how to edit a roster I made and no one can say how.

If I must use someone else's mbe, I guess I must, but adding the total minor league photo pack to epic or opening day didn't work. The roster that comes with the 1000 or so photos doesn't contain an mbe I guess, it's not like I know what to do with an mbe anyway.

I guess it's the way it is around here.

Sorry for being bitter, but not one person has been helpful here.

The interface in MVPEDIT is pretty simple. You download a roster set and open up the MBE file.

I spent 200 hours on my roster, I would like to add photos and cybers to it.

I don't want to edit someone else's roster.

Also I don't know what to do with an mbe anyway.

I can't look it, which helps, but that really doesn't go in the game.

nirvana,

email me with your MVPEdit question(s) and I will be glad to assist you. But you must describe what you are trying to do and why what you have tried is not working. I am at stecropper@aol.com .

For Starters:

To add photos requires that you:

1st) make certain the Tools/Options are checked to show faces and portraits and that it is pointing to the Data directory

2nd) assign a portrait number

3rd) double click on the photo area

4th) update the New Picture and Apha (if Alpha available) by pointing to the location of an appropriately sized photo

5th) click OK

The new portrait should show up.

for Cyberfaces:

1st) make certain your desired cyberface is loaded into your games models.big file

2nd) update the Face number under the Appearance tab

for .mbe's

1st) import to game via the File/Import or File tabs making certain that they are pointing to the Data/Database directory within the game

2nd) once in the game go to Rosters and execute the Reset Rosters function.

Hope this helps get you started. MVPEdit is a marvelous tool and once you get over your apparent frustration and work on learning it then you will find how useful it is. The readme.html is well written and can be found in the main MVPEdit directory.

This is an extremely helpful forum but can also not take to kindly to unfounded critisim like most humans.

Take Care and Good Luck,

Don

I spent 200 hours on my roster, I would like to add photos and cybers to it.

Did you do your roster in-game? Or via MVPedit? If you did it in-game you are only going to be able to fix the cybers/photos for the players that are on the original rosters.

Well I edited someone else's roster in the game.

I didn't know that I had to add everyone first.

The Total Minor League Photo thing didn't have a mbe file, it was all those that go in the data folder. So if I wanted to edit his roster with new faces like Huston Street and the 2B for CHW, well I just don't know what is going on with all. So I have my roster with the created cartoon photos for 2B CHW and Street. It sucks.

I have added the package of 2005 photos to the portrait.big, that's nice, but I can't add new players, I can't change face files to create cybers.

I have been patching NBA Live since 1999 and know how to make the faces pretty well, but I can't do much with rookies and players missing such cyberface fsh files.

I wish I could do what I want, I would put out hundreds of patches for the game, but as it stands now I can only diddle around and not get serious.

Thanks to the guy talking about MVP edit info, but again it doesn't seem to apply to my needs.

The best I could do is learn how to put the epic.mbe into the game, and take the countless hours to change all the file numbers and such.

With NBA Live it's a simple DBF file that we edit with DB Commandor, very neat and easy.

Oh well thanks guys.

There is no need for me to release a roster, only if you want all the players on the right team and none of the rookies that are missing.

If you used my roster you would need the missing players I added, around 10 I think and I suggest my portrait file, I changed like 500.

I just did something like 62 trades and waiver moves today.

So each of those players would be on new teams with old photos, but it's your call.

Archived