Reorganization of Classics?

danc

I hear What you are saying. The thing about a roster like this is your minor leagues are going to loaded with alot of good players. Only 25 MLB players, someone is going to AAA. You have to think about injuries to, so you will still have to shuffle your rosters when that happens.

I'am getting the itch to play this kind of roster just by talking about it!!

never really responded seriously to this thread or dancs original post:

reorganization by time period wouldn't work out because there isn't an equal number of teams from different decades.

-we dont have 30 60s teams, 30 70s teams, and so on.

You'd have something

MLB - 80s/recent

AAA - 60s/70s

AA - 30s/50s

A - everything else

but what kind of structuring is that? Still a lot of shuffle.

Then there's the idea of Reorganizing by Franchise:

Ok, so what would we do with our 1 or 2 milwakuee teams, 1 kansas city team, 2(i think) padres teams, 1 Pittsburg Crawford Teams, 2 Oakland As Teams.

Would you throw the philly A's and Kansas City A's in with Oakland? Okay fine, then what are u going to do about the 5+ yankee teams and red sox teams that eventually don't even out to fill up TWO Mlb/AAA/AA/A slots? Maybe they do, but what about the other teams that don't?

you see, in the end -- i think reorganizing will just give u something close to being accurate, but it wont be because of all the other teams.

so a random-kind of thing makes it seems 100 percent accurate instead of a project that seems like its 70 percent organized, and all the other teams just come out of no where.

that's just my opinion, maybe it could've worked, but it doesn't seem like it would have.

i personally have no problem playing owner or dynasty mode. I pick a team and i see if im interested in there Random Affiliates. Maybe i'm a fan of multiple teams and I don't want to tread thru owner mode playing with the 1996,1998, and 2000 yanks.

I think that you are looking for perfection when there can not

be perfection. I understand that. Still any organization is better

than this.

Here's one:

Who cares about AL/NL league structure anyway!!

AL assigned (early 14)

05 Giants thru 34 Cards

NL assigned (early 16)

34 Crawfords thru 59 WhiteSox

AL assigned (middle 14)

60 Pirates thru 64 Cards

NL assigned (middle 16)

64 Colts thru 70 Orioles

AL assigned ( late 14)

70 Reds thru 77 KC

NL assigned (late 16)

77 Reds thru 84 Padres

AL assigned (recent 14)

84 Mets thru 91 Twins

NL assigned (recent 16)

91 Pirates thru 2k1 Diamondbacks

I may be missing a team here but the point is that at least this imparts some degree of horizontal structure to the game that allows for interleague interest. The vertical structure will not be perfect but at least

there is some "context" within each horizontal level (mlb - a).

We may have to give-up something in order to make the organization more interesting in some vertical or horizontal way.

Heres another one.

Not perfect of course but:

NL early plus (05 - 57) 16 teams

05 Giants, 08 cubs, 09 pirates, etc. thru 57 braves

then add. 10 A's,12 A's,& 48 Browns

AL early minus (09 - 59) 14 teams

09 Detroit, 18 redsox, etc. thru 59 chisox

minus above

NL middle (60 - 69) 16 teams

60 Pirates, 61 Braves, etc. thru 69 pilotes)

AL middle (61-70) 14 teams

61 Detroit, 61 Yanks, etc. thru 70 Orioles

NL late plus ( 70 - 82) 16 teams

70 reds, 71 pirates etc. thru 82 Brewers

then add 74 rangers and 77 Kc

AL late minus (70-84) 14 teams

70 twins, 73 angels etc. thru 84 detroit

minus above * there must be a team missing here*

NL recent minus (84 - 2k1) 16 teams

84 padres, 84 mets etc. thru 2k1 diamondbacks

minus take your pick of one

AL recent plus (85 - 2k)

85 Yanks, 86 Angels, etc. thru 2k Yanks

plus above

Again not perfect but structure.

My personal favorite:

NL

Giants 05,12,54,62

Cubs 08,29,64,69

Pirates 09,60,71,69

Cards 34,46,64,68

Dodgers 49,55,65,78

Phillies 50,64,80,93

Braves 57,61,69,80

Reds 61,70,75,77

Mets 62,69,73,84

Padres 78,84,98,&2k1Diamondbacks

Astros 64colts,66,80,95rockies

Expos 24senators,61senators,80,94

80's 86mets,87cards,89giants,89cubs,

90's 90reds,91pirates,93braves,2kmets

BrewDodgers 69pilots,77Dodgers,88Dodgers

Opps 91jays,97mariners,98yanks,2kyanks

AL

Tigers 09,35,46,68

Tigers2 61,76,84,83chisox

A's 10,29,74,90

A's2 12,52,64kc,77kc

RedSox1 18,41,62,67

RedSox2 75,78,86,04

ChiSox 19,59,63,74

Twins 65,70,87,91

Yanks1 27,41,53,61

Yanks2 77,78,85,96

Orioles 48Browns,64,75,99

Indians 48,65,75,99

Angles 62,73,86,97florida

Rangers 61 senators,69 senators,74,96

My bias for older teams is evident but fun.IMHO

Well, it might not make sense for TC. The only way it could work is with all-star teams, not entire teams from one year. And some teams have alot less history than other teams. The Yankees need to be two franchises. One of the things I was doing, I stuck the pre_Steinbrenner Yanks in the Bronx and the post-Steinbrenner Yanks down in Tampa Bay. I let Bobby Murcer play in the Bronx since he was on the cusp there. The Yanks get Dickey and Berra, the Devil Rays get Munson and Posada. And I'm using a younger Munson, from when he was AL MVP.

TC is fun to play in dynasty mode when you do a draft in the beginning and start from scratch. It's really incredible for that, as long as you can deal with so many multiple players.

I guess there are several different "philosophies" at work here on how to play TC. One is the fantasy aspect of it all, i.e. what if the 1906 Cubs played the 2001 Mariners. Another is the historical aspect, that is, the ability to play teams of a given time period against other teams of the same period. My preference is for the latter, and have played some wonderful exhibition games between teams of a bygone era in some great ballparks of the time. I've also had the joy of reliving my childhood by "replaying" matchups during my lifetime, such as the '61 Yankees and Tigers. TC is truly a wonder, and I can't thank the creators enough.

I have tried using Fuzz's organization switch program in an attempt to get some of these teams grouped into historical periods, but it didn't work for me. It's possible I didn't spend enough time on it.

I would like to see a way to move some of these teams around so I could play a historical dynasty, even if it has some imperfections. At any rate, this is a fantastic mod which I'm sure will give me hours of fun in the coming months. Thanks again to all.

Whoops - I posted this to the wrong thread before.

This is what I'd like to see:

Just a question: I'm interested in playing TC4 as a Dynasty, but was wondering if anyone had the ability to swap the teams around. Meaning I'd like to create a Dynasty with the 1918 Red Sox, with the `41 Sox, `67 Sox and `86 Sox as farm teams.

I have tried using Fuzz's organization switch program in an attempt to get some of these teams grouped into historical periods, but it didn't work for me. It's possible I didn't spend enough time on it.

I thought that didn't work for 2005. I think Fuzz and maybe a few others are the only ones who know how to do that. I'm guessing you'd either have to become an expert or hire one to do it for you. I'm not an expert in that area, so I'm just guessing this.

I just have a question.

I have been following this thread for some time and thought the idea was to put the top players on each team. You would have the alltime greats mixed in with todays players.

Example: someone like Posada with the Yanks might be on the yanks AAA team, Matsui might be on the Yanks AA team.

Yogi gets hurt and you go to AAA and call up Posada.

May be I was mistaken with want you guys was trying to do?

mrmariner,

There have been many suggestions since the post began but

my original idea was to take the quickest and easiest route to

better league structure.

I still think a "switcharoo" along one of the lines that I outlined

in previous postings would be the quickest but definitely not the

best solution. Some of the guys have ventured out to create

their own structure almost from scratch but the work sounds daunting

and time consumeing. I admire them.

It sure would be nice for a TC5 but I have been told many times

that that kind of restructuring was not on the radar screen. Just

thought someone might be able to pull it off using some "hush

hush" tools or something. Must have been a pipe dream.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my dream, but maybe only mine! I'd love to play classic teams against each other in a season mode (dynasty), with division alignment and schedules identical to current ML (I'd rather play with the 1969-1994 alignment, but I believe that's completely unworkable in MVP05).

Using the current division setup and schedules, the classic Cubs-Cards, Yankees-Orioles and Giants-Dodgers rivalries would remain intact. And the season would have a nice mix (to me) of 'reality'--from the actual divisional alignment and schedules--with 'fantasy', from the classic rosters.

Probably, I'd dump the Devil Rays for a second Yankees team.

So I've been thinking about how this might be accomplished using TC as a base. I PM'ed Kraw with general questions about editing, and he was nice enough to give me some feedback.

I don't care who ends up where in the minor leagues. All I care about is putting my favorite classic rosters into the Majors. With faces and photos.

I'm thinking, and asking you guys ... would it work better to use TC as a basis for editing ... or would I be better off just exporting the teams I want from TC into a standard MVP05 roster using MVPEdit? That way I'll have the proper team alignment and schedules already.

I'm new to this stuff, so basic 'dumb' questions will occur. But I really want to make this happen if possible, and then post it for others.

So, if I were to export the "classic" teams out of TC and into a 'regular' mvp05 roster, then I would want to get the correct cyberfaces and player photos set up. Are faces in models.big and player photos in profiles.big? If I were to just copy the models.big and profiles.big files from TC over to my roster, would that work?

I thank you in advance for your patience. I've spent hours gathering information on these forums, but I find nothing on this specific topic. And before I spend hours and hours trying to make this work, I thought some kind soul might be able to suggest whether I am on the right track.

Chuck, I'm looking for the same thing, but for the Xbox.

One thing to keep in mind when doign this is the minors. If you leave classic teams like the '27 Yakees in the minors, I don't think you'll get a season mode that you're looking for. The CPU teams would take players like Ruth and promote them to the majors, thus corrupting your major league classic rosters.

Gotcha Matthew.

That's why the idea of starting with the "regular" MVP rosters is workable. In fact, I've gotten this to work, so PM me for more info. Basically, export the teams you want into the majors of a regular MVP roster. I picked Red Sox for the Red Sox slot, etc (ie, the '75 Red Sox take the slot of the Red Sox, the '27 Yankees take the slot of the Yankees). So uniform, team name, logo problems are minimized. I transferred the models.big file and portrait.big files over from TC. Which gives me the faces and portraits. For some odd reason, the uniforms are matching up to the Major League teams correctly right now, which makes no sense to me. I'm sure that the TC uniform numbering doesn't match the 'regular' numbers.

Not something I would ever post, because Fuzz/Team did the real work on this. And it's easily done with MVPEdit.

One additional thing you may want to do to eliminate the minor league callups is to globally edit all the minor leaguers to have very low ratings for critical attributes. You don't want Joe Smith - catcher for the Syracuse Chiefs called up taking Bill Dickey's position on the Yanks!

C

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is one of the best baseball project since tony larussa

i would like to see all time teams for one of the 30 or 20 teams

so we can have a schedule for each team expos and all others

and the monors could be historical teams its not fun to have 4 yankees team and la

but what a great feel this game is thanks many thanks to all ofyou

Archived