Organization by franchise:

mlb - aaa pirates, etc

It is a real priority with me because I play Dynasty mode with

this marvelous mod.

I am only checking for interest here. I do not know how to or have

the time to undertake the project myself so please don't spit flames

at me. I was just wondering whether this is something a lot of people

would like to see.

Not sure how to make this a Poll question!

Well, it may not be as hard to realign Total classics as previously thought, I've done some testing switching AAA level teams between organisations by editing the org.dat file.

This means no uniform/audio loc editing etc as the team 'slot' is unchanged - just the team affiliation

I haven't tried switching teams between levels yet.

I've had no problems so far simming dynastys with my new 'aaa affiliate', audio/uniforms all working fine when playing.

The team stays in the same league and division and schedule for dynasty play although that can be changed in team.dat and schedule.big

So maybe dynasty play for TC could be taken to a whole new level?

Well, it may not be as hard to realign Total classics as previously thought, I've done some testing switching AAA level teams between organisations by editing the org.dat file.

This means no uniform/audio loc editing etc as the team 'slot' is unchanged - just the team affiliation

I haven't tried switching teams between levels yet.

I've had no problems so far simming dynastys with my new 'aaa affiliate', audio/uniforms all working fine when playing.

The team stays in the same league and division and schedule for dynasty play although that can be changed in team.dat and schedule.big

So maybe dynasty play for TC could be taken to a whole new level?

Swapping teams within the same division is not a problem. The problem I had was when I tried swapping teams between divisions (swapping an AAA team and an MLB team).

I am just curious here.

Organization by time:

mlb - recent

aaa - oldies

Organization by franchise:

mlb - aaa pirates, etc

You would run into some issues with your proposed organization layouts because some franchises have many teames (e.g. there are 9 Yankees teams, 7 Tigers teams, etc. in TC3).

i tried for a long time to switch an mlb team with its minor league affiliate by just changing info in the .dat files and schedules. The minor league team works in the mlb slot, but for some reason the game does not recognize the mlb team in the minor league slot in dynasty mode - very frustrating. i've kind of thrown my hands up in the air trying to get it to work that way, but if anyone succeeds with this please let me know.

"You would run into some issues with your proposed organization layouts because some franchises have many teames (e.g. there are 9 Yankees teams, 7 Tigers teams, etc. in TC3)."

Thats true that compromises would need to be made, like 3 yankee franchises, but that could be worked out and would be fun if designed

in an interesting way. Its just that any organization is more fun than having to be running 10-12 different dynasties in order to "play with" all

the teams that you may be interested in.

Right now I have 11 different dynasties running. I have to save four at

a time and place them in a separate bak folder and rotate the next four

into "active service". It would be fun to pick four franchises or four time periods. It might even lend itself to some vertical movement within the franchise making for some interesting player mixes.

Just a dream.

"You would run into some issues with your proposed organization layouts because some franchises have many teames (e.g. there are 9 Yankees teams, 7 Tigers teams, etc. in TC3)."

Thats true that compromises would need to be made, like 3 yankee franchises, but that could be worked out and would be fun if designed

in an interesting way.

Who decides what the team organizations should look like? The 3 Yankees (or Tigers or Cardinals, etc.) teams that you want might not be the same 3 that someone else wants. Getting everyone to compromise might not be as easy as it sounds......

"Who decides what the team organizations should look like? The 3 Yankees (or Tigers or Cardinals, etc.) teams that you want might not be the same 3 that someone else wants. Getting everyone to compromise might not be as easy as it sounds......"

I would be glad to submit my own personal preferences if the commitment to do it is here!

Beleive me, IMHO, any compromise here would be better than the "hodge podge" that is now present.

Just let me know that someone is willing to do the work and I will submit my own personal preferences in both categories (era or franchise).

Let the debate begin!!!

Who decides what the team organizations should look like? The 3 Yankees (or Tigers or Cardinals, etc.) teams that you want might not be the same 3 that someone else wants. Getting everyone to compromise might not be as easy as it sounds......

whoever does the work would get the choice, if people do not like it let them do their own reorganization

Hey fuzz,

That would be a starting point as long as we would retain all the wonderful audio additions, player pics, team logos, etc.

If I understand you correctly, as long as we keep the mlb level the same as it is in tc3 we could reorgainzed underneath that level any way we want. Correct?

Its not perfect but it could make things a bit better.

i have already started doing a complete all-time roster, although it's not based on TC. i am picking the 100 best players for each team and filling all 4 organizations. for player ratings, i put their career stats in mvp edit, sim a season with injuries and suspensions turned off, and use sav reader to analyze stats and make adjustmesnts so that all the stats will match up with their "good" years. kinda like having all the games greatest players at their peak playing against each other. i also have the 4 extra teams filled with negro league players so they are free agents during the dynasty.

no danc, it won't have all the logos, just negro league teams, but i should have most everything else included. i don't have TC unfortunately, (dial-up sucks), but i have downloaded a ton of the stuff individually. i'm updating all unis, i'm keeping the minor league teams cause i like them, they'll just have incredible players all the way thru single A, but it wouldn't be too hard to change logos, loc files, and unis though if someone wanted to have all 4 teams the same. oh, i am changing the Nationals to the Expos though, and i am thinking about putting our local minor league team in the game, the Lexington Legends (Astros affiliate).

dynasty mode is exactly the reason i'm doing this. i have the rosters for TC3, and i've played it a few times, but i wouldn't use it for a dynasty. my only other problem is i like so many players from different teams, that once it's done, i will have probably 28 dynasties going, so i'll never make any progress :shrug:

Great, no double players! can't wait for this to come out. Will this have a full free agent pool?

To make sure I got the jist of what you are trying to do, for example: Matsui and Posada of the Yankees might be on the Yankee AA team or even the A team?

• 1 month later...

i tried for a long time to switch an mlb team with its minor league affiliate by just changing info in the .dat files and schedules. The minor league team works in the mlb slot, but for some reason the game does not recognize the mlb team in the minor league slot in dynasty mode - very frustrating. i've kind of thrown my hands up in the air trying to get it to work that way, but if anyone succeeds with this please let me know.

Have there been any new developments on this subject? Rain, you say you got the minor league team to work in the MLB slot. First let me clarify what my goal is: I'm attempting to run a dynasty with only teams from the 60's-ish era. I need to swap a lot of minor league teams into the majors to do that. If successful, I then wouldn't care what the minors did because I'd be turning off injuries and trades anyway. I realize it involves changing .dat files.

Is what I'm attempting seem do-able? Or am I over-simplifying? Or is it even worth further discussion? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've also been fiddling with something like this for some time, but also am only able to do an hour here and an hour there. I'm trying it from a different angle and introducing stars from the past one by one into the 2005 roster and moving 2005 guys down to the minors to make way for the old guys. There's alot of shifting positions though that some people wouldn't like. For example, if Ted Williams is on the Red Sox, then Manny has to play right or DH. Sometimes I make extreme changes in position, turning outfielders into 3rd basemen if they have strong arms, first basemen with range but no arm can sometimes work as 2nd basemen, etc. Another oddity of the way I'm trying to do it is that I'm trying to introduce various players at various stages of their career, and have their stats current up to that year of their career. For instance, if I have Babe Ruth pitch for the Sox, he's young and has hardly any homeruns to his name in his career stats (Babe Ruth is the only one I'm allowing a double of in this system, since he was both a pitcher and a hitter). The value of this is in it for the people who choose to play a dynasty for 10 or 20 years. Then you can look and see who the career homerun champ turns out to be in your dynasty. If Aaron, Ruth, Mays, Mantle, etc. start out together in roughly the same era, who would hit the most homers? Also, if you play Mantle young, when he had power, speed and could hit for high average, and he doesn't get as injured as he did in real life, he can hit 800 homers. Of course, you could say the same about Ken Griffey Jr.

I also have this other roster I've been building slowly that might be of side interest to people in this thread. i call it "Future Faces" even though I know it's a silly name just because it makes it easier to remember. This one is to be used over the recent teams, not the old-timers, but it includes alot of my old-timer faces. I got the idea from tc, but it's reversed. I use alot of old-timer faces and less-famous player faces on guys in double and triple a who have alot of star power. This way fewer generic faces end up in the majors. I also made some faces of just pictures off the internet, random faces, people I don't even know. Every time I add another 30 faces then test it in dynasty mode though, the game automatically generates new fake rookies, some of whom make it to the majors in the first season, superceding all my rookies with the better faces! It seems no matter what I do, this happens. Also I noticed that alot of guys with no star power get called up to use in the short term for a season or two while guys with bigger star power are left to develop in the minors longer sometimes by the computer. But I'm still playing with it.

If I ever "finish" either of these I'll release them, but I think they may be forever "in-progress" as each time I play either of them, I stop in ten minutes and go backk to making more changes on it. All this discussion is the ultimate "hot stove" stuff for me though, I love thinking about rearranging the players constantly.

Sounds like you are doing a good job peterbernard.

My only question is, why have Manny as a 3rd baseman? With all the Redsox greats that have played for that team Manny should be on the bench as a backup outfielder or you could argue that he should be at AAA. Just a thought.

Looking forward to your roster.

oops, did not see the comma. Manny for example could still be a leftfielder or used as DH. I use my outfield bench players to fill in at all outfield positons for a game to rest the starters.

Sounds like you are doing a good job peterbernard.

My only question is, why have Manny as a 3rd baseman? With all the Redsox greats that have played for that team Manny should be on the bench as a backup outfielder or you could argue that he should be at AAA. Just a thought.

Looking forward to your roster.

oops, did not see the comma. Manny for example could still be a leftfielder or used as DH. I use my outfield bench players to fill in at all outfield positons for a game to rest the starters.

So far I'm using Manny in right because Ortiz is still one of the best DH's in history. Manny's too good a bat to send down to AAA expecially if you're leaving his huge salary intact. Besides Williams, who in Red Sox history could hit like Manny? BTW w/Red Sox, you also have to find spots for Fred Lynn (CF), Dwight Evans (RF), Trot Nixon (RF) and Jim Rice (DH/OF). However you switch them around or platoon them, someone is going to be unhappy.

Another eccentric thing I'm adding to my mod is to make all rookies signed at a low price for the first 7 years of their contract. In real life, you have to play for years before you can become a free agent, but in this game sometimes 19 year olds demand 7 million dollar contracts. Remember-- Jeter wasn't a rich man in 1996, it took another couple of seasons for his salary to rise, and he had no right to declare free agency as a young player. With this in the mod, poorer teams have a better chance to build a dynasty before having to let their stars go to free agency. Without it, the game often becomes survival of the richest.

Archived