Are you down with OPC? Yeah you know me ...

MattStairmaster

That's right, OPC -- Other People's Cybers ... i'm talkin' bout editing other people's cyberfaces.

Some of the faces I downloaded, ie, Joe McEwing and David Dejesus had skin tones that wouldnt match up with the skin tones in the game. Like, Joe's head would be a less contrasty dark color but his arms will be a lighter higher contrast tan color.

So all I did was take the .fsh file using FSHed and edited the color in Photoshop, saved it as a bmp, renamed it 0640 (Joe's cyberface number) and then, using MVPedit I added the new picture.

Then when I go to edit Joe in the edit player screen, it crashes before I even get to see him.

At first I thought it was cause I inserted something into a file that had already been compressed, but then I tried it on an un-compressed file and it still crashed.

I'm sure someone who knows cyberfaces can easily tell me how stupid I am and what I did wrong. Basically all I want to know how to do is just edit the picture part of the face, not the other files.

Well, I don't see how it matters if the .fsh is compressed or not, all i'm doing is removing a picture from it.

Maybe i'll put it this way, I have all these bmp's that are edited the way they should be, now all I want to do is put them right back in the .fsh files that I downloaded from this site, so I can then upload them into the game just as I would have, had I not wanted to edit the pictures myself ...

05037ef.png

06404ou.png07640fd.png07922dh.pngdonnie4vn.png

Why dont you just edit the body skin tones in MVPEDIT?

But if you want to do it this way, they open up Fshed and load the original fsh. Click on edit and on Graph object, click NEW and select your bmp. - then save.

Well actually, both of those don't work. None of the skin tones match a few of the faces I downloaded. And when trying to load my .bmp into the .fsh file, I get a stream error everytime and it does not work.

I'm gonna give Kraw's suggestion a try today, it looks to be my only shot.

Ok, well the compression of the .fsh doesn't seem to be an issue, but I think I may have found out what the problem is ...

When in FSHed, I go to Object > Edit and I click on 'new.' Then the window opens up to select the image file you would like to import into the .fsh file. There is also a preview window on the right hand side, and here's why that is important:

- When selecting all the .bmp's I edited in Photoshop, no previews come up and I get a 'stream error' when trying to import.

- When selecting the original .bmp extracted from the .fsh file that has not been edited in Photoshop, a preview comes up and I am able to import it into the .fsh file.

So it seems to be that Photoshop does something to the file that prohibits it from being imported into a .fsh file. I have also had this problem in the past when working with uniforms.

All the files are the same deimensions, the same size, the same everything. However the one difference I noticed between the two files is that my Photshopped files are 71 dpi and the original files are 96 dpi.

It seems so small and insignificant, but is that why I can't import .bmp's into FSHed, because of differences in dpi sizes? Then if so, how I change the pictures dpi size?

Ok, well that did work very well, xiberger ... for awhile.

I was able to load in my .bmp, update the .fsh file, and then save it. But then when I close FSHed, reopen it, and then open the .fsh file I just updated, I get an "invalid pointer operation." And the funny thing is, this only happened to the '04 faces,' all the 05 faces I edited open fine and seem to work.

So what am I not doing now?

Don't worry, Matt. I've had the same problem. My guess is that you are modifying compressed fsh files. That causes fshed to prompt the error message. Try uncompressing the file first, then save it, reopen it, change it, save it again, and finally recompress it. That should do the trick (at least it worked for me...).

Archived