bigbully's 2006 Brewers Sunday home unis uploaded

bigbully

The Brewers and their fans will turn back the clock every Sunday at Miller Park next season. The team has unveiled "new" uniforms for Sunday home games which, as expected, are recreations of the team's garb from 1978-1993. Blue pinstripes adorn the white jerseys and pants, "BREWERS" is stitched across the chest and the caps feature the popular "ball and glove" logo.

brewssunday3mi.png

The centerpiece is the logo, comprised of a lowercase "m" and "b" arranged in the shape of a baseball glove. "Whoever came up with that is a genius," Overbay said.

That would be Tom Meindel, an art student at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, who submitted the winning design in 1977. He won $2,000 for his effort, and the Brewers wore his brainchild from 1978-1993

man,he only got 2000 dollars. If i was that dude now, i'd be suing for the whole damn franchise!

Damn those brewers! Damn them to smithereens and send a bottle of grey goose with them because they going to need it where they going!

on that note, very nice uniforms

The MB is one of those riddle pictures, like do you see a face or two candle sticks. My wife saw a M and B but I saw the glove grew up with the glove never saw WB until a trip to Milwaukee. She thought it was dumb until I said it was a glove catching a ball then we both reveled in the genius.

Not as ambiguous as the ELB/M of the Expos.

I really hoped the jersies would be their current colors though. Could we make an alt with those colors?

Archived