18-year old James Dungy, son of HC Tony Dungy, found dead

Kriegz

James Dungy, the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, was found dead at 1:30 a.m. ET Thursday in his apartment in Lutz, Fla., a suburb of Tampa, Debbie Carter, a spokesperson for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, confirmed Thursday.

A death investigation is under way, and the spokesperson said that the county medical examiner's office or the hospital at which James Dungy was pronounced dead would have a ruling on the cause of death.

James Dungy officially was pronounced dead this morning at University Community Hospital in Tampa.

Tony Dungy has left the Colts and is in Tampa. Indianapolis plays at Seattle this Saturday.

Thats crazy, RIP

His supposed blog...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=41899442

Looks it might have been gang affiliated though nothing has come out yet. This is still very new news. RIP

According to the latest news, and I have the AP wire open in front of me, the death is not suspicous of foul play:

"No foul play is suspected, but a cause of death won’t be announced pending an autopsy."

So gang related I think not.

I cannot imagine Dungy coming back to the team for the remainder of the season. I feel so bad for his family to lose a loved one, a son, at this time of year.

Sad and interesting myspace account. If that is his account, it looks like he was twisted youth.

same here. i found it interesting how he had a blog that displayed his hate for the law. maybe it was gang-related afterall. we dont know. let's just wish his family the best.

-jon-

same here. i found it interesting how he had a blog that displayed his hate for the law. maybe it was gang-related afterall. we dont know. let's just wish his family the best.

-jon-

We do know it wasn't gang related. There was no foul play involved.

Archived