Stupid Kids

Pirate

Here is an example of a stupid rich kid using his elevated social status for nothing more than a thrill and a near death incident. He says it was for school, but any intelligent and understanding person knows that only death awaits an American in Iraq. I cannot explain my anger that someone would be this stupid. They should have left him over there. Where were his parents. When I was 16 I could barely go to the neighbors with out my mother knowing where I was let alone a foreign country. I could go on...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/29/teen.iraq.ap.ap/index.html

He has no right to be there is damn right. He is an American as much as you and I and is in extreme danger when he touches that soil. We are free to move across borders as we please, that is an American freedom, but we must do so with a sense of understanding and intelligence. This child showed neither.

His mother had promised him a trip when/if things settled down. They should have slapped some cammo on his *** and asked if he really wanted to stay. We have soldiers dying over ther for no reason and this kid takes a vacation to a war torn nation. BULL ****!

Do you have any idea how dangerous it is there? He's still a kid, and like his mother said "He showed a lack of judgement."

If my fiancee wanted to go to Colombia to visit her father's hometown, I wouldn't stop her. It may not be safe, but she has the right. What makes a 16 year old any different than anyone else. People have been Kings and Queens at 16, they've won battles at 16. Yes, 16 year olds do have hormonal issues, but not everyone is the same.

I do agree it was dangerous, he probably should not have gone there. Saying he has no "right" to go there is what I take an issue with. I do not recall him asking to be rescued, nor asking for anyone at the AP or the embassy to take him home. It's no different than a kid playing with a gun, not wearing his seatbelt, etc. They all "could" lead to death, they are all stupid but everyone in America has the "right" to do these things.

Well, he doesn't have the right at the age of 16, as far as hes concerned, i woulda left him there, say you wanna be here, why not do what every american is doing and fight

Amen.

While respect your opinion, the talk about Kings and Queens is silly that was hundreds of years ago, when the average life span was 40-50 years. He's not old enough to fight for the US then he's not old enough to travel to a country were are at war with.

thats a cool link, but that dude with the million dollar pixel thread was a bit better.

stupid kids man.

but between u and me and everyone on the thread, me and 2 friends of mines actually found ourselves in beirut when we were trying to get to greece.

beirut's so overrated.

On the whole having a right thing...

If you cannot subsist on your own with out your parent's assistance than you have very little "real world rights." You are still a product of your mother and father and once you can financially and responsiblly break those bonds than you are an adult and gain such rights.

It's no different than a kid playing with a gun, not wearing his seatbelt, etc. They all "could" lead to death, they are all stupid but everyone in America has the "right" to do these things.

Did you say that kids have the right to play with a gun? What?

And did everyone else miss this?:

Using money his parents had given him at one point, he bought a $900 plane ticket and took off from school a week before Christmas vacation started, skipping classes and leaving the country on December 11.

He skipped a week of school! You may argue that he does/doesn't have the right to go, but you can't say that that's okay.

Did you say that kids have the right to play with a gun? What?

And did everyone else miss this?:

He skipped a week of school! You may argue that he does/doesn't have the right to go, but you can't say that that's okay.

That's a very good point. When you skip school, you can be charged with truancy. I still don't think that he has a right to go to Iraq, though. But we all know that he has no right to ship school.

That's a very good point. When you skip school, you can be charged with truancy. I still don't think that he has a right to go to Iraq, though. But we all know that he has no right to ship school.

Yes, a kid has the right to play with a gun, the parents also have the right to stop him, not the government.

Archived