im hoping somebody here knows about b-ball cards

ok so at my work we were cleaning out a house that partially burnt down. We found a folder full of cards. Almost all of them are baseball cards from the early 90's. I havent looked into them individually because i dont kno anything about them. There was a little bit of ash on them but they are in individual sleeves so that doesnt matter too much. Most of them look like they are in mint condition, a few arent but most look really decent. The way i figure im gonna go about this is im gonna try scanning them into the comp in the sheets their in. I'll make a photobucket account or something and put the link on here. If anybody sees one your interested in or sees one that you know is worth looking into please let me know. My aim is kornondakob024 I have a slow connection so it'll prolly take me a while to get them all up. If anyone is interested in a better look at one Id be more than happy to rescan it by itself with both sides.

I'm betting they are not worth much if they were made in the 90s. Card companies over produced cards so that the value of cards for that era is low. This is true for football cards as well. Go buy a Beckett magazine and see what the prices are.

I got a whole bunch of rookie cards, Griffey Jr., Robin Ventura, Randy Johnson, Manny Ramirez, Roberto Alomar, Sammy Sosa and a couple more. This kid was given them a way for free. I was like....ok...........loser. Just got me some rookie stars! :-)

I got a whole bunch of rookie cards, Griffey Jr., Robin Ventura, Randy Johnson, Manny Ramirez, Roberto Alomar, Sammy Sosa and a couple more. This kid was given them a way for free. I was like....ok...........loser. Just got me some rookie stars! :-)

If the Griffey is a 89 upper deck mint condition, get it graded by PSA or Beckett.... its worth a bit..... the others, like what was posted by another poster earlier in this thread, from about 86-late 90's the cards were SOOOOOOOO over produced they are worth about the cardboard they are printed on.....

I tried heartily to sell my collection of nearly a million cards. I tried bulk and I tried individual based on star power. Nothing worked and I still own them. They are worth absolutley nothing because of this Grading thing. Once taht was introduced the Baseball Card Market went to pot. In the 90's the trading card market took a swing away from it's collector roots and became a business. Ironically when it became a business the market became saturated and is to this day floundering.

The best idea is to give thjose cards to a kid and hope he enjoys sorting them and learning about the players from the 90s.

those other cards u posted are worth nothin during the early 90s cards were overproduced and the 1994 strike led to too many cards and not enough customers. Any basic set is worth nothing, inserts have potential to worth something and those ruth cards are about 3 bucks apiece. In early 90s only 1989 upper deck and autos are worth anything. Even star rookies are in 1-5 dollar range.

Archived