Another worthwhile mod for classics?

capa

I have been considering another classic mod which would incorporate alot of the work already done for TC4. How about a roster mod that has every World Series team from 1946- 2005? I think there are 120 team slots available, so you could represent 60 years.

Alot of the teams are already represented obviously, so it would not be a creation of 120 teams from scratch. It would be more like a fill in the blanks effort. We'd probably have to punt on portraits. Just too many missing once you start adding the missing teams. Uniforms could be reused for most teams, though.

There would be no partricular order to the teams...just that all 120 would be represented in a combo of the 3 existing levels. So you could play the 62 Giants vs the 62 Yanks...or the 48 Boston Braves vs the 48 Indians...etc...

Just a thought...any feedback?

C

There are only 120 team slots available so you have 2 choices:

1) pick 60 specific years to do teams for

OR

2) start from like 1900 - 1960, or 1946-2005, or some specific 60 year period

Thought the modern day (1946 - today) teams would be wanted more, but I could be wrong. You are right, some great teams and World Series would not be represented.

Hey..anyone want to take on the 1903 (first WS) through 1945 as a separate mod?

; )

C

what about the numerous teams that went to the world series in consecutive years while only changing like 5 players. I dont think thatd be worth it on those so maybe switch those with the classics.

Yeah, but that is sort of what the current TC4 classics roster is like now...

C

Here are the teams that would need adding from 1946-present day:

47 Yanks/Dodgers

48 Braves

49 Yanks

50 Yanks

51 Yanks/Giants

52 Yanks/Dodgers

53 Dodgers

54 Indians

55 Yanks

56 Yanks/Dodgers

57 Yanks

58 Yanks/Braves

59 Dodgers

60 Yanks

62 Yanks

63 Yanks/Dodgers

64 Yanks

66 Orioles/Dodgers

67 Cards

69 Orioles

71 Orioles

72 A's/Reds

73 A's

74 Dodgers

76 Reds/Yanks

79 Orioles

80 Royals

81 Yanks/Dodgers

82 Cards

83 Phillies

85 Royals/Cards

88 A's

89 A's

91 Braves

92 Braves

93 Blue Jays

95 Braves/Indians

96 Braves

97 Indians

99 Yanks/Braves

01 Yanks

02 Angels/Giants

03 Marlins/Yanks

04 Red Sox/Cards

05 White Sox/Astros

Daunting...huh?

C

This is what I am waiting for and I know that you did not ask for my opinion, so I will apologize now. I would like to see the Best of the Best mixed in with todays Rookies and Stars roster of Total Classic's. I would like to play something more than just exhibition games, I think it would be cool when Yogi Bera breaks a leg and they have to go down to AAA to call up Munson, Posada is currently playing on AA. Some of todays so called Stars might find them selfs on the A roster. Just my fantasy thought, sorry for rambling.

This is what I am waiting for and I know that you did not ask for my opinion, so I will apologize now. I would like to see the Best of the Best mixed in with todays Rookies and Stars roster of Total Classic's. I would like to play something more than just exhibition games, I think it would be cool when Yogi Bera breaks a leg and they have to go down to AAA to call up Munson, Posada is currently playing on AA. Some of todays so called Stars might find them selfs on the A roster. Just my fantasy thought, sorry for rambling.

I like the sound of it. Unfortunately, posada's stats are alot better than the guys in AA so he will keep asking for a promotion. That is kind of why TC gets messed up with dynasty play. At least that is what happens to me

Yeah...that sort of comes under the Roster realignment topic someone else started here a while back. Great idea..I am sure someone will pick it up but it requires a few special tools that i am not sure everyone has access to.

I am continuing for the WS mod slowly but surely. If I had to guess, I'd estimate an early feb release...

C

what about the numerous teams that went to the world series in consecutive years while only changing like 5 players. I dont think thatd be worth it on those so maybe switch those with the classics.

I see what you are saying but each team that has won in consecutive years is always different. Always. Along with what you are saying that teams only change rosters very little, another thing you got to think of is even though the same player may be on both teams, he will have different stats.

This is what I mean: Let's use the Baltimore Orioles. They made the series in '69, '70 and '71. Mark Belanger was the starting shortstop for all those Series teams. Here is his batting average for those three seasons:

1969: .287 average

1970: .218 average

1971: .266 average

So you see, just by the batting average alone, he had three entirely different years. Each team was different in subtle ways.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, until someone release or shares an organization changer utility it does not make sense to do this mod. As with TC4, I need to be able to rename teams currently in minor league slots, overwrite uniforms for teams, etc. I don't have a utility to do this, so for now the project is dead.

For instance, if I use TC4 as a base, I still need to overwrite like 60 teams or so with new teams. I can edit the loc files for names, but that's about all I know how to do aside from redoing the rosters, of course.

Sorry about that...

C

I understand capa. But I just want to say thank you for thinking of this wonderful idea. How about if we just put this on hiatus instead of marking it dead? Just in case something comes up in the future that would make this project feasible to be done. If that's the case, fine! If not, that's ok too.

Archived