1998 Yankees TC4 questions

Yankee4Life

Today I played an online game with Mark and he had the '98 Yankees. He noticed that some of the stamina for the pitchers that year were very low.

Here are some things he told me:

1. Mariano Rivera only has a stamina of 21. That has to be inaccurate.

2. Ramiro Mendoza is a sinkerball pitcher but he doesn't have that listed on his pitch types.

3. Most of the pitchers have a stamina rating lower than they actually were.

I didn't create the team for inclusion for TC4, but here is my take on your 3 points:

1) Mariano usually only pitches 1 inning...maybe 6-8 hitters max. 21 seems about right and you'll notice that most relievers are in the same "ballpark" unless they are middle/long relief.

2) Not all pitchers had their pitch types edited. Point taken.

3) Very subjective. Most pitchers in the 80's and 90's only went 6-7 innings. They shouldn't be rated 90-100 for stamina...some maybe, but majority no way. You want guys to exhibit some sort or tiredness in the late innings, not throwing 95 in the 7th and 8th and lower stamina helps with the realism.

C

hey capa, where u been my man? I haven't seen you around since TC2.

Fuzz,

Oh...I've been lurking...enjoyin the heck out of TC4. Ported the rosters in various degrees to Xbox and lovin it on my Sony 40 inch HDTV! Have 3 different rosters - Great teams, 1960's, and 1970s-1990's. TC4 is great on the pc, but sometimes I like to stretch out on the couch and play it in high def (was brutal removing all those custom cyberfaces though!!).

Been spending a ton of time over the winter doing classic team stuff for NFL2K5...but I pop in here now an then.

TC5?? Hmmm..what's that all about?

C

Y4L - Good catch on Mendoza's sinkerball (no pun intended.. :D ). I don't know how I missed that. I checked and he does have a sinkerball on the '96 Yankees roster. I've added the pitch for his listings on the '98 and 2000 Yankees rosters. This change will appear in the TC5 release.

Archived