MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kraw,

Just installed and had a test run with several teams and stadiums (Yankee Stadium, Citizens Bank, whatever they're calling the dump in Oakland), and so far so good. The stuttering when the pitcher makes his turn on the mound (hopefully I was not the only one to have that one) is gone, and so is the 1B stutter.

I use a game profile to conserve CPU and RAM use solely for gaming, which helps , but even with that I still had the stutters before the latest fix. Hope this works for others. Thanks.

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3100+ 2.20 GHz

512 MB RAM

Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 128mb RAM (Yeah, I know, but I'm not a hardcore gamer)

hi guys I install the 06mod and play a game Mets vs. card well when I pitch whit Pedro he has no green on the pitches on all type of pitches so I sub Pedro for tom same there is no green or is so small that is so hard to stop on green I played on MVP setting lower it to all-star same lowered to rookie same problem is there away I can fix this any answet will be appreciated

I had very light stutter problems and downloaded the stage 1 file to try to eliminate them altogether. After installation, I started a quick game. Everything was fine up until the 3rd inning. The game crashed after the 2nd player hit a foul ball. I was playing the Orioles against the Twins. I believe it was Shannon Stewart batting when the game crashed.

Just want to let you guys know, the only problem I have had with this fantastic mod so far, is Stephen Drew is making my game crash. The other cyberfaces that have been listed look fantastic! Look forward to the final mod!

You are correct, this is the first face issue that I have been able to recreate.

the face is BAD, use mvpedit and change the face # to 902

I will see if I can find another Stephen Drew for the final version

I was told by someone else to post this problem here. It's more about a roster problm with the update. Rich Harden of the A's throws a changeup in real life from ESPN.com's scouting page:

Pitching

As his name suggests, Harden throws hard. His fastball clocks near 94 MPH as the game begins, but he is one of those hurlers who gains velocity and later brings it at 97 MPH. With Harden mixing in a slider and a changeup, hitters find themselves overpowered, chasing the hard slider in the dirt or climbing the ladder for the fastball. The hitters who do make contact and fail are pretty well split between flyball outs and groundouts. He will need to work a little more on his control to reduce his walk total, but as a true power pitcher, Harden rounds out the Oakland rotation nicely.

Also two years ago barry Zito added a 2 seamer to his repitoire. it's what has been credited to his turnaround back to a Cy Young caliber pitcher. Again, from ESPN.com's scouting page:

Pitching

It is no secret that Zito does not overpower anyone. His fastball, at best, clocks at 89 MPH, though he does have a solid change. But Zito lives and dies by his wicked 12-to-6 curve. Throwing it for strikes didn't come as easy in 2004, and Zito fell behind hitters more often and was hit a lot more. Near midseason, Zito added a two-seam fastball that fades from hitters, and that aided him during the second half.

I hope I didn;t put this in the wrong place. I'm new around here and think that these mods you guys worked on are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Great work to everyone involved!

another option that I'm not will to do (it would take forever)

global edit the whole roster adding 1 year to all contracts

edit the FA resign file so 100% are resigned

edit the retire file so no one retires

start a dynasty with each team, sim one year save the dynasty

edit the hist.dat file so career stats will match with the simed year

release all 30 saves

hi guys I install the 06mod and play a game Mets vs. card well when I pitch whit Pedro he has no green on the pitches on all type of pitches so I sub Pedro for tom same there is no green or is so small that is so hard to stop on green I played on MVP setting lower it to all-star same lowered to rookie same problem is there away I can fix this any answet will be appreciated

increase the User Pitch Meter Difficulty accordingly. The higher (more positive) the number the larger the green area will be. Rookie mode will make this even larger but then the other aspects of the game are also easier.

Other option that I'm not will to do (it would take forever)

global edit the whole roster adding 1 year to all contracts

edit the FA resign file so 100% are resigned

edit the retire file so no one retires

start a dynasty with each team, sim one year save the dynasty

edit the hist.dat file so career stats will match with the simed year

release all 30 saves

That would be quite the undertaking. Another problem would be that the players would be a year older than they should be since they've already been aged one year in the current roster set.

Just for the next version, please cahnge the faces of the umpires, they are disguisting. They need to make some old guys like you really see in the majors. Also adjust the pitching meter just a little to make it a little easier. Add the walkup music and put the crowd chants, the hecklers, and all the animations that really make it baseball. Dont take those things away, the atmosphere of a game time ballpark. One more unjuice the CPU its like they are on steroids, for real.

Archived