MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

Brian Schneider's face was kinda wrong too (Washington).

Yes. Also on the Nationals, Schneider, Ryan Church and Ryan Zimmerman look to much alike. Plus the glasses need go. In the Nationals minors, Michael Hinckley needs to lose the glasses. They just don't look right on a pitcher.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been a fix (or advice on what I should do) to the face problem?

I get kinda into my games when I play (I'm very strange), and the realism factor kind of dies when I send up Oscar Robles to the plate and he looks like the no-faced killer from some crappy horror movie.

Changing him to some default face would be fine for me, I don't care THAT much.

Also, the Dodgers manager has some serious face issues as well.

I love the mod though, it's definitely got me playing MVP again.

I just noticed a bug in the runner's window in the upper left part of the screen. This is the first time I'm seeing this. I was playing the Astros at Houston and it did it with each player from both teams (edit: I'm playing in Atlanta now and it's still there). Take a look at the screenshot. There's definitively something wrong in the runner PIP. On the 2nd screenshot, you can notice too that the player on the 2B has no face!!

I'm pretty sure that the problem with the runner PIP is that the camera angle is way too LOW compared to the regular one.. .that may be why the grass is coming out that way! Speaking of cameras, the foul ball replays shouldn't have changed.. the new views are very often the same one as the one used "live" in the game. It's like seeing the same pitch 2 times without any changes.

Yes. Also on the Nationals, Schneider, Ryan Church and Ryan Zimmerman look to much alike. Plus the glasses need go. In the Nationals minors, Michael Hinckley needs to lose the glasses. They just don't look right on a pitcher.

Those are things you should discuss with the author of the faces. Some pitchers do were glasses by the way.

The glasses will be gone soon, just wait until the next release of this.

I'm working on a good pack.

Or, open up your default models.big file, extract

g001.fsh

Put it in your new models.big file.

Just remember that when you extract it, compress it with EA ZIP and import it via EAGE (EA GRAPH) and then make your new models.big file a readme only file.

Again, better generics is coming soong. Everyone should fix it on their own or hang tight.

And what I release, if you don't like it, there is always the default faces for you to restore it back to by reading what I just posted.

Edit: see my avatar? I'm adding necklaces for face number 8 and some other stuff for a few other faces.

The 2X uniforms are making the game unplayable for me due to choppiness. My question is, does models.big hold both the uniform and cyberface info? Is there any combo of uniforms.big and models.big that I could use to keep the cyberfaces but use regular uniforms (from default 2005 game)? I have 2 versions of models.big and uniforms.big - one for 2006 mod and one from default 2005 game.

Thanks for any advice...

C

I read the threads and see that the final version should come out around opening day. Any chance sooner? Or no?

We might release it sometime in March. I'll release opening day rosters for you to use with the mod in the beginning of April.

For some reason, the beta 1x patch does not deem my directory structure as correct: MVP Baseball 2005 is my directory and I do have a data subdir. MVP2005.exe resides in the MVP Baseball 2005 dir.

My question is, can the utils that run in the exe be released so I can run them one by one against whatever .big file is being compressed or changed? I assume it is against models.big and/or uniforms.big. Is there anyway I can get to run this in a standalone mode as opposed to using the .exe?

Thanks!

C

I noticed after installing the patch and using one of the datafiles posted, with the behind the caemera view zoomed back enough to see the second base runner, you can see the lack of texture on the runner's head/face. (Look at screenshot.)

Is there a fix for this?

mvp20056dc.jpg

**Edit** Sorry posted this in the wrong thread. Big Mike has also noticed this.

Hopefully there will be a fix in the next release, or a seperate patch to fix this.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem b4 during the game, but sometimes when i hit a groundball through the middle(past the second base pad), and even tho the SS got the ball deep in the hole(no chance the SS could make a double play), the SS can seem to "zip" to the second base pad and tagged me out.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem b4 during the game, but sometimes when i hit a groundball through the middle(past the second base pad), and even tho the SS got the ball deep in the hole(no chance the SS could make a double play), the SS can seem to "zip" to the second base pad and tagged me out.
I've seen that in the retail version

Whenever i try to extract either version to the MVP folder, no overwrite messages come up and when it finishes, it says the files are corrupt. I have dled each of them multiple times to try to fix it, and i have also uninstalled and reinstalled it with no success. does anybody know what to do?

OK, potential problem ...

Direct IP is going to be a very important function for our league, considering that the server undoubtedly will not last forever.

Please, if you have a fix for this, let me know -- but I have NO IDEA how to change the default PRO to ALL-STAR with Direct IP. Since it plays on PRO and no way to change it that I can see, when a game is played in Direct IP goofy things happen. For instance, I hit a HR and the opponent saw it as a 2B. A few minutes later, we pause it, and what HE sees is the next inning, while what I see is the previous inning.

Hopefully that's happening just because of the PRO and not ALL-STAR setting. Otherwise, we're screwed with online play and the mod unless someone can help!

So, my questions are:

1) Any idea how to change the level (PRO to ALL-STAR) on Direct IP?

2) Any idea why my game is flipping out beyond belief when I play Direct IP?

Thanks.

1st baseman mit

loading screens

stadium select screens

generic faces

rework models.big file

and maybe walkup music

Please do not waste time on the 1st baseman's mitt. Players like Kevin Millar that will see time at first and the outfield will look ridiculous in the field. After one season, God only knows how many position players will be created by the game that will also look ridiculous using a first baseman's mitt for other positions.

It's sacrificing a lot of realism for a little temporary realism.

As far as some people feeling the CPU is unusually powerful, I installed MVP 2005, played a game that was 6-2 (Pro/default sliders), then did a CPUvCPU game that was 7-4. After I installed LL, the datafile krawitham suggested to fix the view 6 thing and Patch 1 to eliminate the stuttering, I played a game as the Red Sox and Schilling was getting rocked in the first inning. So just for a test, I created an unrealistically good super-pitcher, added him to the Sox and played a CPUvCPU game, again Pro/default sliders, and that pitcher was scalded for 5 runs in the first inning by the Royals, and the Sox retaliated with 4 of their own in the bottom half, then the Royals got 2 more in the 2nd and I stopped.

Now maybe it's just a fluke and not enough games to make a point, and I realize I can adjust sliders and stuff to calm it down, but I think I can understand why some are suspecting a "CPU seems juiced" issue.

just to let whoever know there is a problem with the 6-1 view at Fenway Park. When a lefty is on the mound the ball sometimes comes right out of the white letters in the 'STOP AND SHOP' sign in centre field. It's particularly bad when it's lefty on lefty action as you can't see the ball at all until it's on top of you. It would be great if that sign could be mover to the right a little bit.

cheers and thanks, this is great modding in action

p

I was wondering, is or has anyone had any trouble with audio lag???? My audio seems to be like a second behind. Like when the pitcher throws home and the catcher catches it, the sound of the ball hitting the glove is delayed. When the ball hits the bat the sound is delayed. Even when you use the mouse to click on things the sound doesn't chime right away. Basically all audio starting with the beginning of the game is off by a half to a full second. Can anyone help me with this? Otherwise the game is amazing! I love it! I just am quite annoyed with trying to get the audio to psynch up correctly. Thanks much. Later

Please do not waste time on the 1st baseman's mitt. Players like Kevin Millar that will see time at first and the outfield will look ridiculous in the field. After one season, God only knows how many position players will be created by the game that will also look ridiculous using a first baseman's mitt for other positions.

It's sacrificing a lot of realism for a little temporary realism.

Unfourtanitly there are limitations to every mod. It does not matter what glove Millar wears he can't play either positon. Those were 3 long years at firstbase, with Millar, for us Sox fans.

Archived