MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a suggestion:

getting rid of all the 'top prospects' logos in all rosters. some of them aren't considered prospects anymore, and if you're going to be playing a few seasons it doesn't make sense to have a 5 year veteran being still considered a prospect. i wish EA had coded the removal of that logo and application to the newly created/drafted players for each season finished.

I like the feature, and BA has just updated their 51-100 Prospect list with the rest to follow soon. I'd love to see it updated on the final rosters.

This problem is real annoying. I installed MVP 06, but had to uninstall it to try something with my uniforms. Now I'm downloading it again for the second time (MVP06-LL) and now I keep getting this message:

"Error: Can not delete output file C:Program FilesEASPORTSMVP Baseball2005data"

What's up with that?

This problem is real annoying. I installed MVP 06, but had to uninstall it to try something with my uniforms. Now I'm downloading it again for the second time (MVP06-LL) and now I keep getting this message:

"Error: Can not delete output file C:Program FilesEASPORTSMVP Baseball2005data"

What's up with that?

did you try a clean install of MVP 05 first?

Well, first off I just want to thank you guys for making this mod...it definately made my day when I found out you were doing this...so thanks again.

I just had a couple questions. Why did the reverse pitching camera angle get zoomed out? I really liked the old one, so I was just wondering what prompted the change. Is there any way to get it back to the way it was? Secondly, on the Rockies black alternate jerseys, I was wondering if the numbers could be put on the front of them, like real life, in time for the final release??

I like the feature, and BA has just updated their 51-100 Prospect list with the rest to follow soon. I'd love to see it updated on the final rosters.

I agree with the last guy, and EA did alow it to change for drafted players and such as time rolled on. One they were in the league for a year they were gone, and given to other players in the farm system...I loved it!

Hope I'm putting this in the right place. Not a huge problem but just doesn't seem right. I downloaded and installed patch 3, then patch 5, then the LL '06 mod. Beautiful thing, it worked beautifully. Remembered that the game runs too fast so I changed my refresh rate to 60 and turned V-Sync to always on. It was perfect. Nice and slow again. Can't stand the shiny grass so I installed the Grass Changer and then to get rid of the stutter I installed the test2 patch. Now I fired up a game and it's too fast again. Not fast as hell like when you don't have refresh rate at 60 and V-Sync on but fast enough to know its too fast. I don't feel like sifting through 14 pages in this thread. Is this a known issue since installing either the grass changer or test2 patch? It's just too hard to stop the pitch meter, and cut off the hits to the OF being this fast.

Using a Radeon X800 Pro 256mb video card with up to date drivers. AMD Athlon XP2400+ 2.0 ghz processor with 1gig of Ram if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance for any unput.

instead of sifting through these pages you can search it. i dont have an answer to your problem but i kind of have one of my own. I'm Cubs fan so maybe i don't understand but shouldn't injuries happen more often? I never lose a big player to an injury. i was just wondering

instead of sifting through these pages you can search it. i dont have an answer to your problem but i kind of have one of my own. I'm Cubs fan so maybe i don't understand but shouldn't injuries happen more often? I never lose a big player to an injury. i was just wondering

HAHAHAAHA thats funny. the cubs just have issues with loseing big players. as for the big unit guy. i have the same issue. and have yet to find a resolution. at least in these forums.

i just want to add a little of bit of my experience with this mod. first thing, this mod is absolutely awesome. i had the issue with the camera pointing to 3rd and thanks to the datafile.txt, it's fixed. also the viewing angle behind the pitcher is really accurate, almost like a real broadcast game on tv. also if anyone is having stuttering problem, here's my suggestion. install mvp 2k5, install the patches in this order 1ts-2nd-3rd-5th. make sure you skip patch #4. install the patches before installing this mod :). i'm loving this mod and it's silky smooth on my dual core x2 4400 with geforce 7800gt :). Go White Sox :).

And if you notice you drafted a rookie with that glove, change the glove!

are you kidding me? Every season throughout the dynasty there will be tons of freshly created new players coming into the league with randomly chosen gloves. Odds would dictate quite a few of them will end up with the first baseman's glove. Odds further dictate that quite of few of THEM will NOT be first basemen.

So what I'm saying is this: The glove(s) look awesome. It's a cool mod. I like it. HOWEVER, the fact that they are overwriting certain other gloves means that not only will current players end up with 1b gloves that shouldn't have them, requiring you to edit every current player, but EVERY TIME a new season begins you have to check EVERY new player on EVERY team so you don't end up with random people having first basemen's gloves.

I understand that I am being (overly) concerned with maintaining a high level of realism here. But wasn't that the point of the 1B glove-mod in the first place? To add realism? All I'm saying is that the way the MOD works will (unfortunately) detract more realism than it adds.

I wish there was a way to restrict the glove's usage to people at 1B, or to force it in-game upon people playing the 1B position (like cather's mitts on cathers) - but I'm fairly certain that's not possible.

I guess my only suggestion is to make this is a separate MOD to the 06 tc-mod - so that people who really want it can simply install it themselves, but those that are worried about randomly appearing 1B gloves won't have it forced upon them by the 06 mod. Thanks.

are you kidding me? Every season throughout the dynasty there will be tons of freshly created new players coming into the league with randomly chosen gloves. Odds would dictate quite a few of them will end up with the first baseman's glove. Odds further dictate that quite of few of THEM will NOT be first basemen.

So what I'm saying is this: The glove(s) look awesome. It's a cool mod. I like it. HOWEVER, the fact that they are overwriting certain other gloves means that not only will current players end up with 1b gloves that shouldn't have them, requiring you to edit every current player, but EVERY TIME a new season begins you have to check EVERY new player on EVERY team so you don't end up with random people having first basemen's gloves.

I understand that I am being (overly) concerned with maintaining a high level of realism here. But wasn't that the point of the 1B glove-mod in the first place? To add realism? All I'm saying is that the way the MOD works will (unfortunately) detract more realism than it adds.

I wish there was a way to restrict the glove's usage to people at 1B, or to force it in-game upon people playing the 1B position (like cather's mitts on cathers) - but I'm fairly certain that's not possible.

I guess my only suggestion is to make this is a separate MOD to the 06 tc-mod - so that people who really want it can simply install it themselves, but those that are worried about randomly appearing 1B gloves won't have it forced upon them by the 06 mod. Thanks.

I completely agree here. I think the best way to do it would be for it to be a seperate Mod, so that people could choose which way to go. I think it would be really odd seeing a rookie shortstop or centerfielder with a firstbasemans glove on.

i just noticed that it says Mark Prior has been pitching since 1992 and that he was never on the Cubs and he has been with Houston, Atlanta, and Arizona in the career stats. These stats are shane reynolds and i just thought i should mention that.

fixed

put unrar'ed file in

c:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase

Raptor has a great point. New gloves are nice, but it'll pretty much affect way too many players. How about 1Bmen that you put in the OF?

I would have rather seen someone make all the original gloves in 2X, but hey, if the whole 1B glove thing is a problem to me, I'll just install the old gloves back.

Oh lord - the 2x uniforms nearly caught my computer on fire (apparently) - and now you're gonna slap it upside the CPU with 2x gloves? lol.

Actually that'd probably look pretty good - but if there's gonna be 2x gloves or anything like that, I would hope that the installer will just lump them in with uniforms, so if a person who needs to use 1x to avoid the stuttering problem (like me) - they could use 1x gloves as well.

Boy - is it just me or have my last two posts been of the party-pooping variety? lol.

I hope I'm putting this in the right thread. I noticed a bug when playing at Minute Maid Park. When reaching the leftfield wall, the fielder actually goes INto the wall. It happens every time and I've even had a fielder catch a ball out of the wall.

I completely agree here. I think the best way to do it would be for it to be a seperate Mod, so that people could choose which way to go. I think it would be really odd seeing a rookie shortstop or centerfielder with a firstbasemans glove on.

In mydefense, I was dropped on my head when I was a kid-often.

Archived