MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

So you're in control now? How does running a mod just switch from user to user?

I believe Kraw is still in charge of this as well as Hory (though according to Fuzz, Hory and Kraw are the same people).

And quite honestly TT, i doubt many people would like you to be in charge of this mod.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if this confuses anyone more, According to Totte and Kraw when I asked weeks (months?) ago, Hory, Totte, and Kraw were in charge of this mod.

SS, I like ya bud so not to burst your bubble, this is a different project than yours, though with the same idea. No offense (definately no offense SS).

I don't really care about that anymore, What Hory did (or Kraw) was ingenious. Sean O and I were merely coordinating an expansion pack with Dontrelle Willis thrown in. I thought about including every mod imaginable, or a Total Conversion as Kraw called it, but I thought that would be considered 'lazy'. The mentality used to be: the mods are out there, download them you lazy moron. I was very wrong, a TC was very in-demand from all of us Forum Fanatatics, modders, and even the people who drop by just to download things. After all, I couldn't be happier with the results. MVP 06 has been beyond great for this community, and hell, my roster was successful enough anyway. I'm glad all the tension is over with!

Sorry if something like this has already been brought up but:

Just got the game today, installed it. Downloaded and ran the patch, that works fine. I downloaded Livin Large, extracted it to the MVP 2005 root folder, clicked "YES TO ALL" when it asked whether I wanted to replace files. That all went fine. Then, I opened the game and theres no changes. I don't know if I missed a step or something, any help is appreciated.

Like Laloosh had said in his post previously,

Is there something wrong with the project? I read back and it

doesn't seem to be discussed? Please inform more or explain unlike in

the post what the problem seems to be with the 06 mod and modders?

Thanks!

I have a question. I've been noticing this for a while now. Whenever I click on the "Click To Start" button to get to the game I've noticed that in the background barely is the old Manny start screen and the one from the choices screen. Can someone tell me how I can fix this? Thanks.

Memphis was playing Albquerque at Memorial Stadium. The game was great! Of course Memphis won. When the shot of Albquerque's dugout appeared, this is what was shown:

quicksand.jpg

I don't know for sure, but I don't think they have quicksand at baseball stadiums.

There were other problems, but this was the most disturbing. :lol:

Well pretty much:

Soriano and Sean O and co were having a MVP 06 Project. At the same time, Kraw and Totte and Hory etc were having a different MVP 06 project. (Btw...Horwitham is Kraw+Hory, Fuzz has a theory they're the same people). Kraw and Hory beat SS and Co. to releasing their respective projects. Soriano's kinda dismantled from there because of the greantess of the MVP 06 mod. Anyway, something pissed off Kraw i think, so he left, and being the head of the project, TribeTime (a member many here aren't too fond of) appointed himself head of the project, to which many are objecting, because there's gonna be 1 more release of this project. (The one online right now is a beta). And most importantly, Kraw's not 'dead' he's at the Total Classics message board.

Am I getting worse or are my pitchers suppose to be bad?Even in the yellow zone (seeing a bit of green would be a welcome sight) my pitchers with 70s and 80s control will miss their marks as far as 3 innings into the game. i've also noticed an increase in home runs allowed

Now, i have my pitch control on +50 and I'm still having difficulty. Which brings me too a question, has anybody found slider settings with which they are comfortable? I can't seem to find a good combination for this version.

And of course I have the skewed camera 6.

I guess what I'd like to know is- what can I do in-game to fix these problems or any others you guys have come across. If there are too many solutions to mention, that's cool; I'll just wait for the next download.

Thanks for any assistance, and to the modders- thanks for all your hard work (but I may buy 2k6 just to see how the Xbox 360 does baseball).

Yet TT made the suggestion that he could do it. So in turn, he was trying to look humbled by the opportunity to take control of it. And he also said something i believe to Hory asking why Hory got to be in control.

Im sure this has been brought up not sure tho.

Most of my players in the Livin Large download seem to have huge eyes and weird faces and also the pitch meter is near impossible.

Any ideas or new downloads to fix this issue(s)?

Thanks.

To all the modders not sure u get this enough but what u do on here is awesome and is helping to carry a league such as ours in our 7th season(PS2) to way more yrs to come on the PC now.

Huge eyes etc. are probably glasses. The cyberface problem will be fixed in the new version.

However, the pitching meter was intended to get smaller like that. You can either change your pitching slider, edit the datafile itself, download a new datafile, or get the original datafile off the cd.

I'd also suggest you fix your signature, it's too big and it's animated. Those are against the rules.

If the pitch meter was supposed to get that small then that is sad. I cranked the settings all the way up to 50 and i still got cranked. I often would have to pull my pitcher after the 3rd inning because they were allready tired and they were getting cranked. Computer would crush me every game hitting nothing but homeruns. But I replaced the datafile today and now its back to normal. So if you guys are having the same problem just replace the datafile. Now the game is fun again. Otherwise the mod is awesome. Good job guys.

I've been messing around with '06 until the final version comes out, and I've noticed one thing.

I'm playin on All Star, and I've noticed sometimes my baserunners steal without me touching anything?!? And I'm not just talking about a 3-2 count with 2 outs.

I don't really remember this happening in MVP 05, and I've searched for an autobaserunning option and can't find one.....

any clues, or has this always occured and I just haven't noticed?!?

i fail to see how i'm supposed to get the hang of the pitching meter. even in the gold zone my pitch locations are given away. any tips?

to me it seems pitching would be more realistic if the variable "stuff" was more random and had greater effect horrible/great days instead of bad/good, not the pitching meter. then again, i may be wrong

i fail to see how i'm supposed to get the hang of the pitching meter. even in the gold zone my pitch locations are given away. any tips?

to me it seems pitching would be more realistic if the variable "stuff" was more random and had greater effect horrible/great days instead of bad/good, not the pitching meter. then again, i may be wrong

Well, just download a new datafile, like Kraw's easy pitching one.

Or edit it yourself, its quite fun.

Archived