MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

I've been messing around with '06 until the final version comes out, and I've noticed one thing.

I'm playin on All Star, and I've noticed sometimes my baserunners steal without me touching anything?!? And I'm not just talking about a 3-2 count with 2 outs.

I don't really remember this happening in MVP 05, and I've searched for an autobaserunning option and can't find one.....

any clues, or has this always occured and I just haven't noticed?!?

i hate bumping this, but this keeps happening to me..... In fact I had Nick Johnson try to steal 3rd..... it's almost like they're calling a hit and run for me, even when I don't touch anything (nor would I want to!)

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate bumping this, but this keeps happening to me..... In fact I had Nick Johnson try to steal 3rd..... it's almost like they're calling a hit and run for me, even when I don't touch anything (nor would I want to!)

That’s bizarre….

Are you using an controller with the analog sticks (like a rumblepad)? If so, I wonder if your stick is a bit out of calibration? See if your Windows gamepad settings show it to be “leaning†one direction or another….

If that doesn’t help, I have no clue….

Nope, the controller is fine. Besides, the right stick only controls lead offs, not the actual steals.

It's very bizarre........ I turn down baserunner agression (I had it at 9) to see if that's what was causing the weirdness, so I'll see if that works.......

Hey everyone, first post on here but I've reading the forum for quite a bit, I love the MVP 06, you guys have done a magnificent job with it. Question for you though, I downloaded the Livin Large patch and when I went into the game, there were ALOT of 'missing texture' errors. Cyberfaces, team logos, and even homeplate all had a 'missing texture' error on them. Is this because of a prior mod I had for MVP 05 or is it something else? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Alright quick question, i installed MVP 05 again before the season started and didnt patch it at all. Not very smart on my part because i then installed the MVP 06 mod......without adding the shutter patch. Could i download that patch and have it work?? or is there a patch for 06 that will correct it?? thanks.

Alright quick question, i installed MVP 05 again before the season started and didnt patch it at all. Not very smart on my part because i then installed the MVP 06 mod......without adding the shutter patch. Could i download that patch and have it work?? or is there a patch for 06 that will correct it?? thanks.

You'll have to re-install the game, add the patches and then install the MVP06 mod.

Where can I get these patches you speak of?

I think we've added them to our download section called EA Patch but I'm not sure. If you can't find them, send me an e-mail and I'll send them your way 'cause I think I have them on my HD somewhere.

I started a dynasty with the Jays and while playing my 7th game of the season (vs the Red Sox at Boston), the game crashed in the 7th inning just seconds after I hit a ball (like 1 second after the batting camera switched to the fielding camera once the ball was hit). I started another game and it crashed on the 8th inning this time... I've simulated the game and the next game didn't crash.

I just wanted to let you guys know about this. I don't know if anyone had the same problem!

yo guys i got a friend of mine who bought MVP 05 and downloaded the mod and what not. with the mod, the player models are very bright, almost completely white. without the mod and the patches installed it still has that problem. dunno if the problem occured on the original install.

I love this mod but I am forced to use the default datafile from mvp 2005 cd 1 .... there just is no other option for those of us playing on MVP mode. On MVP mode its insanely difficult to throw anything in the middle green part. Not only is there no green part, but when using this datafile included in 06 every pitch is thrown 100% early or 100% late in the orange area. Its literally impossible to throw in the middle =/

Hopefully this gets fixed in the final release some how I don't think its going to though, since only a small number of us seem to play on mvp. Everyone plays on pro or all star it seems =/ Not ragging on this mod but I love the datafile included with mvp 06 (it seems the batting is alot more improved) , its just the pitching on mvp difficulty is impossible , every throw is late or early =/

The Pitch meter's getting mixed reviews. Sure its hard at first, but once you get the hang of it, it makes pitching so much better.

Also, welcome to the boards smithc555

Is there anyway to change the camera for kraws updated Datafile? The one where he included a larger pitch meter (THANK YOU!) . Once the ball is put inplay in the infield it's very hard for me to field it w/o letting the ball roll into the out field. The camera angle doesn't give you much time to get on top of the ball, is there any way to revert this back to default? I tried aerial/broadcast/zoom, all seem very hard to get on top of the ball within the infield . (btw love the walk up camera angles they are so good).

Getting this crash after mod is installed and official EA patches. Any clue?

AppName: mvp2005.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: mvp2005.exe

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00173858

That's weird :?

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card?

Getting this crash after mod is installed and official EA patches. Any clue?

AppName: mvp2005.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: mvp2005.exe

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00173858

Not sure if this is the problem, but did you install the EA patches before the mod?

Archived