MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont have MVPedit, it was something on the player detail or something. someone said something before and i think it was kraw but he said he was fixing them and he told us to post which ones were messed up. I havent played MVP in awhile and i just noticed these few players messed up.

Is there still no release date for MVP 06?

I have Opening Day for my rosters but I think the whole MVP06 is being postponed due to the folks over at MLB Pressbox (owners of the new 2006/2007 player portraits)

I know it's been discussed, but with so much talk across so many topics, I'm a little lost.

What's the easiest, most direct way for me to revert generic face #1 from that hideous glasses face (that also stands slackjawed and looks pock-marked) to the game's regular one? What utilities do I need to have and exactly what do I have to do? (modding newbie here, so please be as specific as possible. I just want to fix that one face and nothing else)

Also, a couple of small things I noticed:

1) Probably not fixable, but Toronto's Gustavo Chacin has his name pronounced incorrectly. He gets called "Cha-keen" when it should be more like "Cha-seen"

2) The shadows of batters' feet is cut through the middle of their feet (the shadows are suspended above the ground)

3) I know the pitch meter thing has been beaten to death, but at the very least you should increase the width of the red zone. The red is supposed to be there so that if your timing is good, but not perfect, you can still pitch relatively close to where you wanted. Right now I'm playing on Pro and getting killed because almost any pitch without perfect timing is either way out of the strike zone (yellow X circle) or a big fat screw up for the CPU to hammer.

Otherwise this is looking great.

#1 is fixable, look for the Total Audio thread and suggest the fix. #2 sounds like a bad graphics card, but I have no idea. #3: download MDs datafile spreadsheet, look for the area to correct it, and do it yourself.

I suggested the fix for #1. #2 might be my graphics card, but I could swear it wasn't like this before I installed the 06 mod. For #3 I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it myself. (not a modder by trade, so my knowledge of this sort of thing is very limited. Thus I require a bit of hand-holding.)

Also, I have EAGRAPH and the original models.big file from CD1 of the game, but I'm not sure which face in the file is the messed up one, and I also don't know how to swap just that one particular face with its corresponding one in the MVP06 models.big file.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Since this post I've downloaded Big Shmooz' models.big pack and UR6plus, and that's eliminated the ugly face. So I don't need any help with getting rid of generic face #1 anymore, but you should still change it to something different, because that face is really, really ugly

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but it's hilarious actually. While simming my franchise seasons for my Brewers I noticed by year 2008 or 2009, Prince Fielder is now up to 99 speed. The man is 260+. There's no way in hell he'd ever be 99 speed at that weight. Not mad, I like having him hit tons of HR's AND steal about 50 bases but I know it's just not right. :)

Hello folks. I thought I would post this here since this was a pretty off occourance. I was playing a game with the Colorado Rockies and I noticed that they put two pitchers in their lineup! Here are two screenshots I took when I noticed this.

Pitcher #1 (was not on the mound) http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twopitchers19oe.jpg

Pitcher #2 (was pitching the game, but is not a SP for the Rockies, he is their LRP) http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twopitchers23yx.jpg

Strangely, they put the other pitcher out in CF...

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twopitchers32bx.jpg

Archived