MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

i already did and it still is impossible, im just gonna wait until the final release is out because i like really up-to-date rosters for my dynasties

I'm guessing you have tried cranking the user pitch control slider? I would guess that would slow down the meter.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read the whole thread, but...

Half of my Marlins pitchers and all the umpires have the generic glasses face. This is normal?

Because some updated generic faces were added to the project and they had the same generic face ID as the deafult ones by EA. This means that the generic faces I had from EA was replaced without the ID being changed.

The Dreaded Stutter....

I downloaded the Livin' Large version of MLB:06 and installed everything successfully. Then, I added in the "Ultimate Rosters Standard Edition 5.2."

I loaded my game up and played a quick exhibition with default settings on All-Star. A one hitter - with John Lieber against the Rockies! 8) I've never pitched a one hitter :D

Anyway, getting to the point, after my exhibition game, I started an "Owners Mode" with the Cincinnati Reds. As soon as I played my first game, (using default jerseys at load screen), I got my first experience of the "Stutter" bug. :(

When I ran the out-of-the-box version of MVP Baseball 2005, I never had any problems. Prior to installing the LL version of MLB:06, I ran EA's official patch #3 - for shits and giggles.

Also, I've ran the grass changer (thanks!) and the Test06, (Thanks!). Unfortunately, neither changed my gameplay. :? Any thoughts? I was wondering if I should unistall the entire game, reinstall it and then add the MLB:06 mod and UR5.2 without running the Patch#3 [since I never had stutter issues to begin with]. Any suggestions? :?:

On a related note about the mod - first a BIG Thanks to all who contributed! It's just sick. I literally have an entire different game with the same great engine I've always loved! A sincere thanks to everyone!

that is mostly when faces are label wrong 04 type VS 05 type and the user can not use the highest detail option.

it will be fixed

It will be fixed so that the cyberfaces will work even if I can only use low detail?

Hopefully. Many faces still work fine, like Barry Zito's, but some teams have a ton of guys with the faces that look like they are on the side of their head like some sort of zombie.

It will be fixed so that the cyberfaces will work even if I can only use low detail?

Hopefully. Many faces still work fine, like Barry Zito's, but some teams have a ton of guys with the faces that look like they are on the side of their head like some sort of zombie.

You can fix this face issue rather easily yourself if you have the patience. Just start up MVPedit, import the dat files from your data/database folder and search for the players you want to change with the Find option. Go to the tab marked Appearance and flip-flop the 04 Face feature. In other words if 04 Face is selected as Yes, make it No. If it is No, then make it Yes. I have found that this has worked for me. The only downside to this is if you have a saved dynasty, it will not change the faces in that save.

The Dreaded Stutter....

I downloaded the Livin' Large version of MLB:06 and installed everything successfully. Then, I added in the "Ultimate Rosters Standard Edition 5.2."

I loaded my game up and played a quick exhibition with default settings on All-Star. A one hitter - with John Lieber against the Rockies! 8) I've never pitched a one hitter :D

Anyway, getting to the point, after my exhibition game, I started an "Owners Mode" with the Cincinnati Reds. As soon as I played my first game, (using default jerseys at load screen), I got my first experience of the "Stutter" bug. :(

When I ran the out-of-the-box version of MVP Baseball 2005, I never had any problems. Prior to installing the LL version of MLB:06, I ran EA's official patch #3 - for shits and giggles.

Also, I've ran the grass changer (thanks!) and the Test06, (Thanks!). Unfortunately, neither changed my gameplay. :? Any thoughts? I was wondering if I should unistall the entire game, reinstall it and then add the MLB:06 mod and UR5.2 without running the Patch#3 [since I never had stutter issues to begin with]. Any suggestions? :?:

Just a little update I thought was needed....

There's good news and bad news regarding my experience with the "Stutter" bug and what others may be able to do to resolve it.

Bad news: I'm a freakin idiot!!!! :( Really. I mean pure DUM (get it?).

Good news: Kraw is the man! After installing a completely fresh installation of MVP Baseball 2005, I ran the game. No problems. I then installed the MLB:06 mod - stutter, stutter, stutter.

I reverted to my OEM files and applied EA's Patch #3. Played the game perfectly. I then installed the MLB:06 mod - stutter, stutter, stutter.

Again, I reverted to my original files and installed EA's 3rd and 5th patch. I played the game perfectly. Then, after I installed the MLB:06 mod, stutter, stutter, stutter.

I gave Kraw's patch a whirl, like before, and noticed something: After everthing was extracted [in the DOS window], I X'd out. I then received a message saying everything was good. Then I realized that the DOS window should exit on it's own. In other words, me being me, I was interrupting the process. No wonder Kraw's [great] patch didn't work :!: I'm an idiot!

So, I re-ran Kraw's patch and didn't mess with it. It should have been obvious in the first place since my HD light was on and the message clearly used some sort of proactive verb. Anyway, once it was done, I received the success message again - this time not self-induced - and fired the game up.

Walla! :mrgreen:

Though I'm not too sure why this was, (actually I believe Kraw addressed this), I hope this somehow helps out the Mod developers.

If you need a guinea, just let me know.

Thank Kraw and to the rest of the great modders who gave us this mod in the first place! :!:

Hey guys the 06test2.rar works for me to fix the minor stutter issue after applying the mvp 06 mod ... but obviously the old uniforms/cleets/gloves return when installing 06test2.rar.

My question is would installing the 06test2 file, then applying an outside mod for uniforms, give me new cleets/gloves etc .... and keep the stutter issue from happening? Just wondering if anyone has tried this yet .

I just installed MVP 06 and am having a problem I can't find in searching the threads. Everything seems to be running 5X faster now. Batter walk ups, pitching, the overlays that come on the screen. It's as if the entire game has been sped up.

Anyone else having this problem?

Was 4-4 bottom of the 9th. Got the leadoff hitter on. I pinch ran Alex Sanchez (94 speed or something), stole 2nd, and scored the winnning run on a single. Later when checking boxscore, Sanchez never showed up in the boxscore at all and should have with 0 AB and a run scored. The game gave the run scored to the player who got the original hit. Should have gone to Sanchez who just pinch ran.

Was 4-4 bottom of the 9th. Got the leadoff hitter on. I pinch ran Alex Sanchez (94 speed or something), stole 2nd, and scored the winnning run on a single. Later when checking boxscore, Sanchez never showed up in the boxscore at all and should have with 0 AB and a run scored. The game gave the run scored to the player who got the original hit. Should have gone to Sanchez who just pinch ran.

I think that has always been a problem... I think.

I just installed MVP 06 and am having a problem I can't find in searching the threads. Everything seems to be running 5X faster now. Batter walk ups, pitching, the overlays that come on the screen. It's as if the entire game has been sped up.

Anyone else having this problem?

turn vysync off or on in your options when you turn your game on.

I had 2 issues today... 1.) Pitching with Chien-Ming Wang is almost impossible. Fo rsome reason his windup is so slow. 2.) I changed my pitchig view to pitching 6 and after a few batter it went to looking at the ondeck circle. Therefore I had to change back to hitters eye to finish the game. Anyone else have these problems. Can wait for the final cut to come up, you guy's are doing great keep up the good work. I will be sending a donation, as should all of us, these guys are awesome.

Check out Kraw's sig, it looks like he might be done with this and this site. So....Someone will need to step up and help consolidate this project. Not too tedious but you have to be organized. I think I could take a shot at it w/ Kraw's permission but if anyone else would like to partner up or something it would take the load off of both of us.

Here's an idea Crimetime, why don't you **** off and finish up the theme for mvp 06 instead of trying to cause **** around here, the mvp 06 project is not dead and kraw is not the only person involved, there's myself and Totte for starters,

if kraw decides to return to this site or not that's his business but if he doesn't that does not mean this project is dead, it might just be moving house.

Here's an idea Crimetime, why don't you [naughty word] off and finish up the theme for mvp 06 instead of trying to cause [naughty word] around here, the mvp 06 project is not dead and kraw is not the only person involved, there's myself and Totte for starters,

if kraw decides to return to this site or not that's his business but if he doesn't that does not mean this project is dead, it might just be moving house.

Kraw questioned, Hory responds insulted, damn.

I have tried both vsync off and on in the options, and get the same result.......

Anything else I can try?

I just tried a fresh install of MVP, installed EA patch 4 and 5, and wanted to try the game before installin '06. My problem still occurs! The only thing I can think of is that i recently installed the new ATI drivers, 6.14 i think....

Would this cause MVP to go haywire? All my other games work fine.

Archived