MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to add that I'm another who's stuttering has been completely resolved by the Part 1 patch. You guys are amazing.

Not me. I am still having difficulties. It's so bad I can't pitch properly due to the stuttering, I never know where the meter is going to end up. I have an ATI Mobility 9700 card and 1.25gb of RAM.....will there be any other parts of that "test patch" released? It's frustrating when part one fixed everyone else and did nothing for me. Thanks! :D

Not me. I am still having difficulties. It's so bad I can't pitch properly due to the stuttering, I never know where the meter is going to end up. I have an ATI Mobility 9700 card and 1.25gb of RAM.....will there be any other parts of that "test patch" released? It's frustrating when part one fixed everyone else and did nothing for me. Thanks! :D

Pats,

Are you sure the patch took place? What is the new size of your models.big file now in the data directory?

Kraw - how can one tell if your exe changed the files? Can you post the revised models.big file here so we can dl and be sure?

C

I also must agree that the opening splash screen be omitted and replaced with something more official-looking. I have the utmost respect for all modders who helped in this Herculean effort but I think the splash screen is very unofficial-looking.

i can help out making a more professional screen. give me what you need and it will be ready by april.

As far as some people feeling the CPU is unusually powerful, I installed MVP 2005, played a game that was 6-2 (Pro/default sliders), then did a CPUvCPU game that was 7-4. After I installed LL, the datafile krawitham suggested to fix the view 6 thing and Patch 1 to eliminate the stuttering, I played a game as the Red Sox and Schilling was getting rocked in the first inning. So just for a test, I created an unrealistically good super-pitcher, added him to the Sox and played a CPUvCPU game, again Pro/default sliders, and that pitcher was scalded for 5 runs in the first inning by the Royals, and the Sox retaliated with 4 of their own in the bottom half, then the Royals got 2 more in the 2nd and I stopped.

Now maybe it's just a fluke and not enough games to make a point, and I realize I can adjust sliders and stuff to calm it down, but I think I can understand why some are suspecting a "CPU seems juiced" issue.

Try out these sliders to cure the super CPU power. or just go into your slider settings and adjust CPU power (i think it's -30 on my set)

Hoop27's MVP 06 mod Allstar Sliders V1.1

These sliders should also help the guys that have difficulty pitching.

just thought i would be a good neighbor and point out that the twins "red TC" Uni's do not work. at least not for me. when i select them i my players come out wearing the senators Uni's.

the stutter patch helped a ton. still have a little but hey thats the price of haveing a game for 06 that isnt made by sega.

It didn't work for me too! Radeon 9600 and 1gb of RAM.

Hey guys

I am very impressed with the new mod excellent work, but i have one problem on the original game i was comfortable in using the camera angle 6 to 4 but when i tried that on the new mod it would show me some were down third base, is there a way to fix this, cause i was reading some other posts and one guy mentioned that you would have to download the patchs before you install the mod, i didn`t do it in that order is it possible that this might be the problem, if it isn`t any help that you can give would be appreciated....

Thanks

John

want me to help out? i can snag some good photos during spring training we can use for the project. mabye the others going to spring training can take some photos worthy of screens.

YES! We have it under control other than that we have no pics to use. This would be a HUGE help. Thanks a ton in advance.

YES! We have it under control other than that we have no pics to use. This would be a HUGE help. Thanks a ton in advance.

do you have any idea if the runner PIP window view will be fixed?? 'cause the new one in the updated datafile has a point of view that seems to be too low and the grass just comes out very ugly. You should keep the original view IMO.

do you have any idea if the runner PIP window view will be fixed?? 'cause the new one in the updated datafile has a point of view that seems to be too low and the grass just comes out very ugly. You should keep the original view IMO.

We're not doing cameras, we're doing backrounds and loading screens.

Unfourtanitly there are limitations to every mod. It does not matter what glove Millar wears he can't play either positon. Those were 3 long years at firstbase, with Millar, for us Sox fans.

Millar wasn't the point of my post, he was just the first example that came to mind. The fact still remains that anyone that might end up at more than just first will look ridiculous, and after one season you'll end up with a bunch of new guys that look ridiculous.

Pats,

Are you sure the patch took place? What is the new size of your models.big file now in the data directory?

Kraw - how can one tell if your exe changed the files? Can you post the revised models.big file here so we can dl and be sure?

C

I'll check that. Maybe I'll run it again to make sure it's taking. However, I'll do this on Friday, as I'm getting my HD reformatted, so I'll need to re-install anyway. Hopefully the reformat will help as well. I'll let you guys know what happens.

i have a suggestion:

getting rid of all the 'top prospects' logos in all rosters. some of them aren't considered prospects anymore, and if you're going to be playing a few seasons it doesn't make sense to have a 5 year veteran being still considered a prospect. i wish EA had coded the removal of that logo and application to the newly created/drafted players for each season finished.

Whenever i try to extract either version to the MVP folder, no overwrite messages come up and when it finishes, it says the files are corrupt. I have dled each of them multiple times to try to fix it, and i have also uninstalled and reinstalled it with no success. does anybody know what to do?

I'm having the same problem :?

i have a suggestion:

getting rid of all the 'top prospects' logos in all rosters. some of them aren't considered prospects anymore, and if you're going to be playing a few seasons it doesn't make sense to have a 5 year veteran being still considered a prospect. i wish EA had coded the removal of that logo and application to the newly created/drafted players for each season finished.

Good point

can you think of any other reason to tag certain players with a image?

like on TC I flaged all the players that are in the HOF and changed the image in the game to the HOF logo

I'll check that. Maybe I'll run it again to make sure it's taking. However, I'll do this on Friday, as I'm getting my HD reformatted, so I'll need to re-install anyway. Hopefully the reformat will help as well. I'll let you guys know what happens.

ATI drivers screwed up my game and I had to go with olders ones to fix the problem

Archived