MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

I started a dynasty with the Jays and while playing my 7th game of the season (vs the Red Sox at Boston), the game crashed in the 7th inning just seconds after I hit a ball (like 1 second after the batting camera switched to the fielding camera once the ball was hit). I started another game and it crashed on the 8th inning this time... I've simulated the game and the next game didn't crash.

I just wanted to let you guys know about this. I don't know if anyone had the same problem!

I've had pretty much the exact same problem. Twice started a dynasty, both times had the game crash sometime in the middle of the game right after a ball was put into play and it switched to fielding camera. The second time it happened, I caught the error message, but I don't know how helpful it will be.

"AppName: mvp2005.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: mvp2005.exe

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 003cfdc0"

For the record, I have updated video drivers, and this has happened right after a fresh install. I installed MVP 2005, then patch 3, then patch 5, then MLB '06 LL edition, then UR 6.2 rosters, then big_schmooz / umachine uni's.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big M1ke wrote:

I started a dynasty with the Jays and while playing my 7th game of the season (vs the Red Sox at Boston), the game crashed in the 7th inning just seconds after I hit a ball (like 1 second after the batting camera switched to the fielding camera once the ball was hit). I started another game and it crashed on the 8th inning this time... I've simulated the game and the next game didn't crash.

I just wanted to let you guys know about this. I don't know if anyone had the same problem!

Benholio wrote:

I've had pretty much the exact same problem. Twice started a dynasty, both times had the game crash sometime in the middle of the game right after a ball was put into play and it switched to fielding camera. The second time it happened, I caught the error message, but I don't know how helpful it will be.

"AppName: mvp2005.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: mvp2005.exe

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 003cfdc0"

For the record, I have updated video drivers, and this has happened right after a fresh install. I installed MVP 2005, then patch 3, then patch 5, then MLB '06 LL edition, then UR 6.2 rosters, then big_schmooz / umachine uni's.

I'm having this problem as well. I have an NVidia 6600GT and 2 GB of memory, which seem like they would be adequate, but some of these higher-res stadiums (Fenway in particular) seems to be giving my PC fits. I'm going to try to switch back to the default stadiums just to see if that fixes the problem and I'll report back. I'd sure hate to lose some of this beautiful artwork :( , but I've tried everything else I can think of (drivers, memory tests, re-installing, etc.). If anyone else makes any progress, be sure to pass it along!

When were the drivers you're using released? A lot of times when drivers are first released, they're still quite buggy. A good rule of thumb when it comes to drivers is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. In other words, if your video card (or whatever device) is working just fine, there's usually not a big need to install the latest drivers. Try rolling back to an earlier version of your video card's drivers and see if that makes a difference.

may be out of place for this but I have a pci express nvidia card with only 256mb memeory and I have had none of the crashing problems... my only problem is all the base runners slide into every base and a few black players have white faces and so on but no crashes or stuttering at all.. great job guys and I truly appreciate it... anyone know how to fix the sliding problem feel fre e to email me... pyetooty@yahoo.com

OK, I think (fingers crossed) I have my problem fixed. It wasn't the drivers, memory, virtual memory, video card, motherboard, background programs, or any of the other numerous things I tried.

The crashes seem to have been caused by CPU temps, even though they weren't quite warm enough to get tripped by the CPU monitor that I set up. Running out of ideas, I took the CPU fan off and cleaned it up by removing the dust and thermal compound. Then I applied a new coat of thermal compound and remounted the fan, and everything seems to be working fine now. I couldn't even make it through 3 innings before, and now I've played 3 complete games in a row.

This seems like a problem that could really vary from machine to machine, but hopefully what worked for me will help at least one or two folks out there.

Good luck!

p.s. Thanks to all the modders out there. MVP06 plus all the other high-quality mods out there have really made this game fantastic!

First, let me say this is a great mod.

I do have one problem, hopefully someone can help me out.

I am in Owners Mode, playing game 7 against Toronto (I am the Red Sox). When I play, at the end of the game it crashes. When I sim it it crashes as well. It doesn't crash when I sim the A or AA games, it only crashes when it gets to the MLB one. Any thoughts or anyone else stuck as well?

The crashes are being caused by Big shmooz Umachines or Mouser (srry for wrong spelling on that 1) models.big. At least for me.

I have patch # 3 official applied, mvp 06 beta, then I used Ultimate rosters 6.3 plus and tried Big shmooz's Umachines as I never have experimented with cyber faces before & wanted to try it.

I always crash as the red sox between like 5th and 9th innings, always crashes on a hit. I am pretty positive it was the models.big from Umachines causing the crashes. I reverted to another models.big (The one from the original mvp 2006 beta) and crashes stopped. Also recently I upgraded the models.big with Kccitystar's uniform pack, and no crashes with that either. Again I love big shmooz's work but I am pretty sure that the models.big from Umachines was causing the problems =/ No crashes since I've reverted.

The crashes are being caused by Big shmooz Umachines or Mouser (srry for wrong spelling on that 1) models.big. At least for me.

I have patch # 3 official applied, mvp 06 beta, then I used Ultimate rosters 6.3 plus and tried Big shmooz's Umachines as I never have experimented with cyber faces before & wanted to try it.

I always crash as the red sox between like 5th and 9th innings, always crashes on a hit. I am pretty positive it was the models.big from Umachines causing the crashes. I reverted to another models.big (The one from the original mvp 2006 beta) and crashes stopped. Also recently I upgraded the models.big with Kccitystar's uniform pack, and no crashes with that either. Again I love big shmooz's work but I am pretty sure that the models.big from Umachines was causing the problems =/ No crashes since I've reverted.

so to summarize that:

if i´m using big schmooz lite version, the ur 6.3 plus AND kc´s uniforms, this game shouldn´t crashing any more?

Still Nothing. I tried reinstalling the game, patch 3 and 5 and the 06 beta, along with the Umachine roster and model.big files from big. I even tried creating a new owners mode with the red sox. Same game and everything. I simmed all the way to game 7 and it won't let me get through it. Any thoughts on this bug? I am assuming this has nothing to do with the uniforms and what not, I assume it is a code bug since I cant even get through a simmed game. Any plans on bug fixes coming up soon?

I am curious. If we have the new rosters, is it possible to simulate to the year 2006 in owner mode, and then import the new rosters so that we start with the new rosters in the right year? I think this could be done! Someone has to know how.

No it cant be found there.

Another question. How do i get my pitchers to have a higher and more realistic pitch count in an start, because the computer swings at everything. Through six innings i may have 30 pitches thrown. Thats to few.

Archived