MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

Will the grass be changed in the final? I applied the grass changer and my game started crashing. Re-installed all default stadiums and d/l all the updated ones from here and it works like a charm, not a crash since. So I hold it against the grass changer that it crashes the game and wish for it to be left out of the 06 final.

Regards

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the grass be changed in the final? I applied the grass changer and my game started crashing. Re-installed all default stadiums and d/l all the updated ones from here and it works like a charm, not a crash since. So I hold it against the grass changer that it crashes the game and wish for it to be left out of the 06 final.

Regards

dude, the grass changer wasnt even in the beta version. I dont know where your gettin at with that.

jogar, he meant that he didnt want the grass mod in the final. he never said it was in the beta. he just doesnt want it to be added to the 06 mod.

but does anyone know why the grasschanger makes the game crash?

First off, I give you all kudos for doing this, this takes up an amazing amount of free time, but I think it's all worthwhile for everyone involved. Great work, I am enjoying this game immensely. :D

However, I am having trouble getting the UR 6.5 (Standard) to install. I have patch 3 and the MVP 06 mod installed at this point, and the game runs great. I do exactly as the readme says, copy all of the .dat files, and paste them over the .dat files in the MVP 2005 database folder. Yet, it doesn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't need the models.big update for the UR Standard, right?

Also, do I need this .mbe file either? The readme says I don't need it, but some other posters have said that you need it to import the files into the database folders.

This might also not be the right thread for this, so if someone can point me in the right direction there, I'll keep my roster ?'s to that thread.

Thanks!

First off, I give you all kudos for doing this, this takes up an amazing amount of free time, but I think it's all worthwhile for everyone involved. Great work, I am enjoying this game immensely. :D

However, I am having trouble getting the UR 6.5 (Standard) to install. I have patch 3 and the MVP 06 mod installed at this point, and the game runs great. I do exactly as the readme says, copy all of the .dat files, and paste them over the .dat files in the MVP 2005 database folder. Yet, it doesn't work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't need the models.big update for the UR Standard, right?

Also, do I need this .mbe file either? The readme says I don't need it, but some other posters have said that you need it to import the files into the database folders.

This might also not be the right thread for this, so if someone can point me in the right direction there, I'll keep my roster ?'s to that thread.

Thanks!

If you want to use UR 6.5 SE, you don't need the .mbe or the updated models.big. The .mbe just allows you to view the rosters in MVPedit.

I had previously tried to download these rosters prior to installing the beta mod, but that had caused the game to crash, despite the fact that the rosters worked. That led me to re-install the game, patch 3, put the mod on, then the rosters, and now they won't install, but the game has ceased to crash.

Is there a certain order to install these updates? I have tried over and over again to no avail to install this roster update. And it's the only thing left I really want to install, after this the only thing I want to add is Trues' ESPN Overlay.

I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking one minor detail - I always do. Thanks for the help beforehand.

EDIT: I just thought of something...does the date on the "Team Rosters Current As Of 04/02/06" line on the Mariano Rivera loading screen change after downloading these rosters? If they don't, maybe I am doing it right after all.

tcjb, the date on that screen will not change.

Thanks. I just wondered about that because Greinke was definitely not on the Royals' ML roster at the time of the update, along with a few jersey #'s being wrong.

I don't know if this was posted but in my dynasty the pitchers always cost so much and the hitters cost next to nothing so there is no challenge. Even amazing hitters are under 1 mil, while AAA pitchers are above 1 mil. Does anyone know how to fix this?

- Thanks A LOT for this. My friend got tired of the game and gave it to me because of so many roster changes to the teams from the '05 season. =) I found this website and downloaded your MVP '06 and it works perfectly!

There are some problems, however. I'm not sure if this has been stated before, but the pitching is very hard in the new version. Even on rookie and me putting every pitching tuning option on 90+, it it almost impossible to have a complete game with a starter. After about the 7th-8th inning with a top-notch pitcher (I was using Johan Santana), the perfect-pitch zone (the green and yellow) are so tiny that it's nearly impossible to get it in. In the unupdated version, however, the pitching is a lot easier with Rookie; and gradually increases as the level increases.

Again, Thanks You!

There are some problems, however. I'm not sure if this has been stated before, but the pitching is very hard in the new version. Even on rookie and me putting every pitching tuning option on 90+, it it almost impossible to have a complete game with a starter. After about the 7th-8th inning with a top-notch pitcher (I was using Johan Santana), the perfect-pitch zone (the green and yellow) are so tiny that it's nearly impossible to get it in. In the unupdated version, however, the pitching is a lot easier with Rookie; and gradually increases as the level increases.

Downloading a new updated datafile from the site would probably solve that issue for you. I'm using the one by MaddiesDaddy myself :wtg:

i have a huge problem, whenever i start a game, it has a error call "ASSERT FAIL" and give me the options of "yes" "no" and "cancel"

if i keep clicking yes, then it will let me go back to the game only if that i play in dodger stadium, wutever other stadium i try the game exits after I click a series of yes from the same error msg. Help, I installed the 06 update after I install the game and the last patch.

I'm with Roes, any updates from the modders? I know the portraits are

being worked on, but any estimates? I don't want to be a pain, I know

hundreds of us are wondering the same thing? But if there was any word,

it would help out I feel.

I know I asked this a month ago but still have not seen any updates on the new update. Any info on when it will be out? I want some of my glitches fixed but am not sure how to do it myself. Thanks in advance

Just looking for updates guy's we are being patient, just looking for some news.

Not sure if anybady noticed this yet, but Raul Mondesi seems to have a Hispanic body and a White guys head with long hair..... I just thought I would post this for you guys.

Also I was wondering is it possible that when the full version of the mod comes out you guys could create a patch version so that I don't have to lose my beta franchise? or could I transfer it over?

Sorry if someone asked this already but after i installed MVP 06 no ones faces appear it just says "Missing Texture Here" on their faces...Seems kind of scary. The Textures are missing for the team logos and the portraits of the players also.

I think you guys have done an exceptional job all around, there's only ONE small complaint.

How could you leave out Dire Strait's "Walk of Life" from the track list?

EDIT: Okay, I have run into some issues now. Hopefully someone can help me out.

First off, the behind the pitcher view (6) doesn't work... it seems to be simply looking from the mound into the stands down the right field line.

Secondly, the ambiant crowd noise (ie the babble that is always going, not the cheers and boos and such) isn't there. Total silence between plays.

The last only occured in Boston so far (I've played games in Fenway, Chase, and Metrodome thus far). I've only tried the 6/1 camera angle once so far. I'll try in other stadiums and see if it's a fenway specific issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived