MVP 06 ISSUES : The OFFICIAL Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I have seen this issue come up in some form with specific teams, but after installing the 06 mod (tried after installing both patches 3 and 5, just 3, and just 5 and it happened with them all) and going into either dynasty or owner mode (both the included save files or starting a new one with the old schedules), the game crashes within the second batter of the second game of the season. I can always play the first game fine, but within the span of 2 batters in the second game it always crashes to the desktop with all the teams I have tried. I have also tried installing the 06 fix from the ea mods site. Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening? Thanks, and I still think it is amazing what has been done with the mod.

I searched around and i haven't seen anybody else with this problem, whenever i start an owners mode from scratch and then i go to save the owners mode, it will just crash to the desktop

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. I just play dynasty mode so it's not that big of a deal for me, but if it's really bugging you pm me and we can help each other find out what exactly is causing this problem.

Hello, i just found out about the 06 LOL im kinda late yeah but ok thats not the point

i uninstaled my 05 and reinstaled a full install right?, then i downloaded the patch 5 from EA as the instructions show

then i instaled the 06 final version

then installed what i belive is total faces 8.0 plus faces or roster i dunno

the thing is everything looks great all rosters are updated and 06 logos and stuff but when i start any game no matter if its dynasty or play now once it loads to start it crashes to my desktop, any ideas what could be the problem?

damn someone help i uninstalled everything again and went step by step just to check which update is the one that gives me trouble and as for now its the mvp06 final update that crashes

i did a full install of of mvp 2005

i ran the patch 5 update from EASports

ran thwe program and started a game and everything went fine

then installed the mvp06 final

used the teamchanger to change from the reds to my team

saved it

started a game just to chek and after loading it just crashes to my desktop

i installed .net framework 2.0 btw but still have the same problem what could this be???????????????????????

help a poor soul

well i have ran some test installing some parts and stuff but i always get the error when i do the total roster update v.8 or the mvp2006 mod final

i cant get it to work

like i said, everything opens great, i see the rosters, i open to dynasty , change the team and all but when i start a game poof it crashes to desktop

i also know theres a topic stating to use the search tool in the forum and i have, ive read but dont seem to find answers

if there isnt none then i guess ill just quit trying just want to know for sure if any mod knows what i could try

well i have ran some test installing some parts and stuff but i always get the error when i do the total roster update v.8 or the mvp2006 mod final

i cant get it to work

like i said, everything opens great, i see the rosters, i open to dynasty , change the team and all but when i start a game poof it crashes to desktop

i also know theres a topic stating to use the search tool in the forum and i have, ive read but dont seem to find answers

if there isnt none then i guess ill just quit trying just want to know for sure if any mod knows what i could try

Does it crash when you try and play games not in Dynasty?

Did you download Ultimate Rosters v 8.0 Standard or Plus Edition?

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. I just play dynasty mode so it's not that big of a deal for me, but if it's really bugging you pm me and we can help each other find out what exactly is causing this problem.

God! I'm glad to see these messages because i got this issue,too.

The game will crash to the desktop after I save the owner mode or try to edit any player.

Why???

I just install the game and then install MVP 06 for PC.

Is there any patch need to be updated?

My game is tranditional chinese version, but I think the problem is the same.

Here try this.

What you’re going to need to do is open up your “manager.dat†file with notepad. You can find it in your C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder. Once you open it with notepad it will probably look really confusing but that’s ok.

All you need to understand is that each line is broken down into segments for instance “0 Felipe†would be the first segment and “1 Alou†would be second segment and so on and so forth until you reach the last segment 20. Also each segment is separated by a (,) and the top line is explaining what each segment stands for. Now what you need to change is the nineteenth segment which stands for “manager_reallife†basically what you need to do is make sure every lines nineteenth segment looks like this “19 1,†except for the first line which you can ignore it should start like this

0 first_name,1 last_name,2 manager_jerseynum,

Also ignore the second line it should start like this

0f58f3c1b,0 Default,1 Default,2 99,

And ignore the last line on the page which should start like this

07dc7da2d,0 A,1 Manager,2 99,

I know that may be a little confusing so remember to backup your “manager.dat†incase you accidentally screw something up.

I have to get up in four hours so I’m going to try and get some sleep now.

Sorry if this has been posted or noted here or somewhere else, but I'm in a hurry and want to get this out of my head before I forget it:

I played the first game at the Cardinal's stadium MVP 06 had by default and almost all replay camera-angles from the right side of the field (bullpen preview camera, doubleplay camera) have those 2d crowds sticking up and blocking the view. It really bugs me since I like to look at replays. Somebody else having the same problem?

Hopefully this is in the right spot. If not I apologize. The MVP 06 MLB Mod is freakin awesome, but by the 8th inning of the first game, all of a sudden the game is moving at a high rate of speed. the pitches are coming at 93 mps instead of mph. Anyone have the same problem

I finally ahd time to install the 06 mod, and when I run the .exe file I keep getting this erroe message:

! C:Documents and Settings-----My DocumentsDESKTOPMVP06-ILF.rar: Unexpected end of archive

! C:Documents and Settings-----My DocumentsDESKTOPMVP06-ILF.rar: CRC failed in install.exe. The file is corrupt

! C:Documents and Settings-----My DocumentsDESKTOPMVP06-ILF.rar: Unexpected end of archive

! Cannot execute "C:DOCUME~1-----LOCALS~1TempRar$EX00.875install.exe"

I'm not sure if this is because of MVP 06, but.

I play with the Twins (Justin Morneau at first). Whenever theres a runner on first and Morneau is holding him on, his glove is a bright blue. And then when the ball is put into play, his glove color changes back to normal again.

Another problem, sometimes when a batter hits the ball and runs to first, on that little thing with the bases, he is wearing a glove? WTF?

I'm not sure if this is because of MVP 06, but.

I play with the Twins (Justin Morneau at first). Whenever theres a runner on first and Morneau is holding him on, his glove is a bright blue. And then when the ball is put into play, his glove color changes back to normal again.

Another problem, sometimes when a batter hits the ball and runs to first, on that little thing with the bases, he is wearing a glove? WTF?

this is an issue with EA's programming, it cant be fixed. It should seldom appear

Archived