Total Portraits for Total Minors 097 Released

Hory

Total Portraits for Total Minors has been uploaded to simcentral, I'm having issues uploading it to this site though. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Please use this thread to report errors.

If you want to help out finding the 138 missing portraits post it in that thread.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this project.

If you need help adding the portraits or using mvpedit, I recommend using the search function to find the many threads concerning those topics.

Next update for it should be in 10 days or so hopefully...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

went through it, i have mixed emotions about it.

#1- its awesome to have pictures in for most of the minors guys

#2- alot of them look terrible, and in most cases its not because of the source, but because the pictures are not stretched wide. instead very thin. like the person who made them didnt know what they were doing.

two errors i found so far

with the red sox.

a.martinez and m.malaska of the AAA team have their ID's switched. just go into mvpedit to fix that

with the marlines

j.johnson and l.kensing of the AA team have the same ID (8618). Change Johnson's to 1816 (the correct ID) to have his picture come up.

What i want to know is how the blue jays' portraits are so ******* good and complete while the giants are so goddamn ugly. Theres a couple major league updates which were completely unnecessary for this update and make them look like ***. (i think the twins also come to mind). ill do a full test tonight about which are good and which arent. thanks for your work hory.

ps: wheeeeeeeeeeeeeere is blue jays one from. they are ALL wearing the same ******* hat and in the good pose and good quality. muuuuuust find source.

poonani - thanks heaps for the errors, obviously I cannot find every error by myself. I'll issue an updated roster with those fixes.

Yes, some of the portraits are not sized properly etc... not my fault, these will be eventually replaced, I'm just focusing on getting a near complete set first then getting the nasty pics out. The twins are top of the list :). Those Blue Jays pics are Leverre's so you'd have to ask him where they are from, and yes they are damn good aren't they. He's done some Giants portraits, if they look better than the ones in the set now, I'll replace them in the next update.

poonani - thanks heaps for the errors, obviously I cannot find every error by myself. I'll issue an updated roster with those fixes.

Yes, some of the portraits are not sized properly etc... not my fault, these will be eventually replaced, I'm just focusing on getting a near complete set first then getting the nasty pics out. The twins are top of the list :). Those Blue Jays pics are Leverre's so you'd have to ask him where they are from, and yes they are damn good aren't they. He's done some Giants portraits, if they look better than the ones in the set now, I'll replace them in the next update.

no problem. yeah ive noticed leverre has done great work, although the amount of time youve put into organizing all this stuff is also irreplacable.

do you think that the IDs are COMPLETELY set in stone? because once they are we can start our dynasties and still update the pictures as we go along. Id rather not wait any longer to start, since its almost july now...hehe.

Well, I'm holding off until starting my dynasty until a day or so, hoping that with the help of all the people downloading this like yourself, we find any more id errors, if there are any.

The id system is set in stone to an extent, all the ids listed in the txt files -should- be 100% correct, just I obviously have made errors when entering them into MVPedit.

-- Revised Roster file has just been uploaded with fixes for the 2 errors poonani pointed out.

Oh, dude, I wasn't dissing your work, your Twins portraits are good, it's some from MLB + AAA that weren't in your twins update from another portrait maker that have non-transperent backgrounds :(

But yea, if you want to redo those for us all, that would be excellent.

ok i went through all the major league teams and took notes. minors as long as they have the right ids and have any pictures, theyll be updated.

i also took down notes of individual plays on the major league roster who need to be updated because they are very poorly done. if the whole team is bad i dont name any players

ANA - 4/10 - Really bad job done, too small

ARI - ? - Not updated from original version of portraits

ATL - 8/10 (C.Reitman, J.Cruz)

BAL - 7/10

BOS - 9/10 (B.Jones)

*CHC 8/10

*CWS 8/10

*CIN 7/10 (T.Jones)

*CLE 8/10

COL ? - Most is not updated (T.Greene, J.Lopez, A.Miles, L.Gonzalez)

*DET 8/10

FLA 9/10 (A.Burnette - not updated unlike rest of roster)

*HOU 8/10 (M.Lamb - not updated unlike rest of roster)

*KC 7/10

LA 4/10 - AWFUL

*MIL 8/10

MIN 5/10 - Not even transparent, meanwhile some arent, and they are poorly done. overall, a terrible job

*MON 7/10 - Too Bright (L.Lopez, E.Diaz)

*NYM 8/10 (R.Gutierriez, S.Spencer, D.Wheeler)

NYY 5/10 - Mix of two portrait packs. Both are too blurry or bright. Sigh

OAK 5/10 - really bad

*PHI 8/10

PIT 6/10 - Mediocre job. Not that bad though

*SD 7/10 - Blurry and too bright (K.Robinson, I.Valdez)

SFG 5/10 - Crap

SEA 4/10 - Worse than crap

STL 6/10 - Mediocre. Bad shrink job

TB 5/10 - Mix of upd and not upd, very weird qualities

TEX 5/10 - Mix of old and upd. Updated is terrible

TOR 10/10 - Incredibly awesome. NEED MORE LIKE THIS

dont take offense if you are one of the people who made the bolded ones (that need work). just rip off Leverre

i forgot to mention. the *'s are the ones who are of the bright and halo'd variety (everyone has a white outlining that makes them look like angels).

i much prefer the more cleaner sharper versions (like the blue jays ones), but i figured i might as well mention that.

Ok, so I take it you found no other id errors?

Some of your observations on the portraits I don't neccessarily agree on, some of the portraits you think are bad, i think are good, a couple of the bolded ones are actually Leverre's which I always think are good. But yea that's personal preference I guess.

By the way for some of the teams I had already marked in their respective txt file with a ** if they were still the original EA portrait.

I just want to say regardless of quality, this is an absolute fantastic mod. It's confusing and frantic to find all the photo sets for all the teams, GREAT JOB! If only we could get a Uniform and Stadium complete pack. Thanks again for the great work!

Ok, so I take it you found no other id errors?

Some of your observations on the portraits I don't neccessarily agree on, some of the portraits you think are bad, i think are good, a couple of the bolded ones are actually Leverre's which I always think are good. But yea that's personal preference I guess.

By the way for some of the teams I had already marked in their respective txt file with a ** if they were still the original EA portrait.

which ones do you disagree on? Some i felt more strongly about than others.

Also i found another error. Mike Vento and John Rodriguez are switched on the Colombus Clippers. I find this one to be pretty funny because i corrected you when you first put out your NYY update back in the beginning of june with this same error, yet it magically reappeared :p

Sorry to anyone, if i sound overly negative about some of the portrait packs. Im not trying to insult your editing abilities, but in some of the cases, the default portraits were alot better.

Also, Hory do you have aim/msn/icq/yahoo?

LOL, oops,

I'll just change their respective fsh files around in the next update to save editing the id list and roster.

Off the top of my head I don't agree with you on Pittsburgh, NYY, Seattle, LA, SF isnt brilliant but not terrible by any means. I know yours (and my) personal pref is for the cap to chin headshot and LA Seattle etc have got the upper body shot thing going on, but that doesn't make them "worse than crap" in my books. One day, I would like to replace those upper body ones, but they are far down the queue of things to do. unless of course someone, perhaps yourself :p releases some portraits to replace them.

My icq/yahoo are in my profile dude.

Archived