Total Portraits for Total Minors 097 Released

Hory

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess this is the place to state this but i get a complete crash of mvpedit when i load the rosters you've included in the update. actually, its gfx.exe that is crashing and it cannot load any of the portraits. i even reinstalled mvpedit, as well as copying the original portrait.big from my cd and started fresh, followed instructions with eagraph.exe and installed like i've done many other fsh files. what am i doing wrong?

yeah, worked in game but my lord some of those portaits or horrid; discolored and shrunken heads, not to detract from the massive duty you're fulfilling for everyone that wants to nerd out on this game nor the level of appreciation you deserve but rather i say that because i know this isn't the finished product anyway i babble so...thanks!

LOL, oops,

I'll just change their respective fsh files around in the next update to save editing the id list and roster.

Off the top of my head I don't agree with you on Pittsburgh, NYY, Seattle, LA, SF isnt brilliant but not terrible by any means. I know yours (and my) personal pref is for the cap to chin headshot and LA Seattle etc have got the upper body shot thing going on, but that doesn't make them "worse than crap" in my books. One day, I would like to replace those upper body ones, but they are far down the queue of things to do. unless of course someone, perhaps yourself :p releases some portraits to replace them.

My icq/yahoo are in my profile dude.

E-mail address:

Private Message:

ICQ Number:

AIM Address:

Yahoo Messenger:

MSN Messenger:

doesnt say anything haha

I got it! I feel so embaressed. I installed ALL the portraits to my portrait.big file in my data folder (one I made as a backup while making my own portraits) not the data/frontend. So Molina's picture might be right. Let me check it all now. Sorry about all the confusion. Thanks for helping though

There is another set of Twins portraits (mainly MLB+AAA) by Puckett34 which have the white backgrounds..... these have only been used for players you haven't made portraits for.

IMO your portraits are really good :)

12167731_l.JPG

LA, TEX's problems are that they were shrunk to fit a certain size, but more with length than width. Thus making them look out of shape.

SEA and PIT have the same problem except now they are too narrow. Also, PIT's look very poor the way the picture is carved out (look at the edges near their ears).

SFG's isnt that bad but it suffers from similar problems as LA. Mediocre quality wise and shrunken somewhat weird.

12167736_l.JPG

MIN - looks ridiculous without the transparency

NYY - looks really blurry, soft

ANA - same problem as SEA

OAK - same problem as LA/TEX

i included two good examples in TOR and NYM

Hory, did you use my portriats :? If so please tell me what is so 'worse than crap' about them so that I can fix it on my next update :(

i think the giants one is, but seattles isnt. Your seattle one is alot better. Of all the ones i made comments on, the giants is the least problematic. It just looks funny to me for some reason. :|

once again, sorry if i sound overly critical. Im just trying to help make this as best as it can be

edit: it may actually be fastballfreddys (the SFG one). http://www.mvpmods.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.p...file&id=203

yours look more in proportion but its still close

Poonani, (lol, don't know if I can type that name without laughing to myself everytime)

What are your thoughts on alot of AAA and AA sets? Just curious, I've installed Hory's TMv3 w/ IDs but I'm holding off on the portraits right now for quality control.

I actually don't mind the black shadow outline instead of the lame looking cartoon faces...

they are really so so. obviously not at the quality of the major league sets, but theres alot less source material, and that material isnt of the highest quality. But Leverre was able to put together a flawless Blue Jays set so i guess it should be possible to do the whole league

I think some of us portratis modders have to realize that the 128 x 128 picture in the .fsh file is shrunk when in the game. And it is not shrunk to another square (obviously....). I usually crop out 99 x 118 for my portraits, and THEN i "distort" it to 128 x 128. Eventually, it will be turned back to 99 x 118 in the game, so it'd look perfectly fine.

The same applies to other mods, such as the click to start screen, where the 1024 x 1024 .fsh is shrunk to 800 x600 in game.

Hope this helps.

Cris ;)

Archived