Help Installing TC4

Mynk88

I know I'll probably come out looking like a moron, but I'm stuck and don't care because I really want to check this TC4 mod out badly.

I did a fresh install of MVP 2005, then patches 1/2/3/5. I downloaded the Total Classics 4 mod without a hitch, extracted it to a temp directory with winrar, which gave me four files

tc4-screenie.jpg / tc-installReadMe.txt / TotalClassics4-Final.exe and whoDidWhat.txt.

First off, the readme said to run "!TC2005_4_Install.exe" to the game folder, which I assume is my C:/Program Files/EA Sports/MVP2005 folder, not any subfolder of it. I also assumed that the .exe file was probably updated, but the filename wasn't changed in the readme, so I wasn't worried.

So I ran the TotalClassics4-final exe, directing it to the MVP2005 folder, and in about 7 minutes or so it finished installing apparantly without any problems. However, the readme also says to "Click on Back Up Your Original files", but there was not such option I could see, just the options to choose the destination folder and the install button. Also, it says to then "Click the CTS tab to choose a CTS", and that never came about either.

So anyway since it seemed to install, I booted up the game, and it was simply the stock MVP 2005 with nothing Total Classic about it at all.

So now I uninstalled it all, did a fresh install of MVP 2005 again only this time I only added EA Patch #3 as suggested by another thread here. I decided to post here before trying to install TC4 again in case someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong before I do that.

Thanks in advance.

First of all, stop right there. Don't even install this mod! Now let me explain before you get nervous. Total Classics is being updated to Phase 5 and it is coming out in a matter of days. In fact, it will be out this week. You do not need Phase 4 to play Phase 5. So just wait until you see TC5 on the main page and go from there. Good luck, and you will like it a lot.

LOL I was kinda thinking the same thing. "Figures! Not only does a Yankee fan help me, but I'm gonna have to thank him?' Seriously, I'm a Sox fan but I'm not so stupid that I can't recognize and appreciate the Yankees contribution to baseball. And besides, the very first baseball glove I ever had a Clete Boyer autograph on it.

But okay. Mum's the word. :D

I decided to keep trying anyway to install TC4 even though 5 is coming soon, just to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong. After extracting the download to a temp file, I was running that TotalClassics4-Final.exe to the MVP 2005 folder. But I apparantly needed to extract that to another temp folder, which I did and then the TC2005_4_Install.exe file is there. When I ran that, then I get the installer screen with the Backup files button and the CTS tab, etc. So I was skipping a step, but in my own defense the readme of the download doesn't really make it clear that you need to extract, then extract again to a temp folder before installing begins.

But anyway, so now I click the backup Files button, and a message box pops up titled Project1, saying "This is not your MVP folder". But the only option I have in the window is to choose which core hard drive, and doesn't let me browse for the folder, etc.

I'm really sorry for being a pain. I just don't get it, and also want to know how to do it right when 5 comes out.

Thank you. I realized that after the download, you DO extract that to the MVP 2005 folder, and THEN run the TC2005_4_Install.exe from there. So as I expected, I'm the problem. I was confusing the Archiver as the Installer, so I figured that didn't belong in the game folder.

So thanks again, and Yankee4life surely enjoyed watching the Red Sox fan bumble his way through this, I'm sure.

Oh, and did I mention that.... THE INSTALLATION WAS A SUCCESS AND I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!

Truly amazing, and now I'll be groovin' on this until the TC5 release.

So thanks again, and Yankee4life surely enjoyed watching the Red Sox fan bumble his way through this, I'm sure.

Oh, and did I mention that.... THE INSTALLATION WAS A SUCCESS AND I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!

Truly amazing, and now I'll be groovin' on this until the TC5 release.

No, I didn't enjoy watching you struggle with this mod. These things happen to anyone.

It's funny, because you are going to look around at TC4 and just love it and then.......it'll be gone. Because TC5 fixes a lot of things on it. Minor stuff, but there will be fixes. And TC5 will be great. Enjoy.

yeah, TC-5 rocks. the in-game themes are going to add to the whole classic effect too.

on a side note, i cant remember who i was playing on direct ip -- but a few days ago, i was 78 Yankees and the person was one of those 70's(77?) red sox teams with Yaz and he rocked Guidry 7-0 in the first inning

i came back 8-7 and he couldnt believe it. Sparky Lyle-god bless him.lol

Geez...I'm not so sure having the TC installation succeed was such a good thing after all. I gotta sleep sometime, don't I? I had yesterday off and now I just called in sick for today, because I just can't get enough of this. To "see" all those favorite players from my 60's childhood playing again is downright theraputic. Old Time Baseball was good for that, but nothing compared to the superior video, audio and gameplay of MVP 2005.

My very first baseball card was Wayne Causey, so I played as the 62 Red Sox against the 64 A's at Fenway, and wouldn't you know that SOB hit a RBI double in the top of the ninth to make it 2-1, and Monbouquette and my Sox lost. But man, the pain was so enjoyable none the less.

Geez...I'm not so sure having the TC installation succeed was such a good thing after all. I gotta sleep sometime, don't I? I had yesterday off and now I just called in sick for today, because I just can't get enough of this. To "see" all those favorite players from my 60's childhood playing again is downright theraputic. Old Time Baseball was good for that, but nothing compared to the superior video, audio and gameplay of MVP 2005.

My very first baseball card was Wayne Causey, so I played as the 62 Red Sox against the 64 A's at Fenway, and wouldn't you know that SOB hit a RBI double in the top of the ninth to make it 2-1, and Monbouquette and my Sox lost. But man, the pain was so enjoyable none the less.

Mynk - Glad to hear you're enjoying Total Classics so much. Being able to forget about the pressures of life for a while and go back to those carefree days when your biggest concern was whether you'd get somebody "good" in your latest pack of baseball cards is what Total Classics is all about. :)

That's one of the reasons I spent countless hours working on Total Classics along with the rest of the team. I imagine others on the TC team feel the same way.

Archived