TC5 Inside Joke

Yankee4Life

Today I was playing a game with the 1941 Yankees and I remembered that the 1948 Browns are no longer a part of the Total Classics family. It has been replaced by the 1942 Browns, a team that really was not that bad.

So I play a game with them and a pinch hitter comes up in the ninth inning by the name of Roy Hobbs. Take a look:

For everyone's information, no one named Roy Hobbs ever played in the major leagues. The Browns did have a player named Roy on the team, a guy named Roy Cullenbine, who was a backup first baseman and outfielder. But he's in the game too.

Gotcha Fuzz!

Josh Exley is on the same team

info from x-files site

Also sometime in 1942 six year old Josh Exley disappears from Macon, Georgia. At about the same time, an adult black man calling himself Josh Exley shows up in Roswell, NM, and begins playing baseball in the Cactus League. The adult Exley is a gray alien, shape-changed to appear human, because he has fallen in love with the game of baseball. The aliens do not allow participation in such games and he leaves "his family" without permission, planning to play in the cactus league because the scrutiny of the major leagues could compromise the secret of his background. An alien bounty hunter becomes a Macon police officer, planted to watch for missing person reports of the name Josh Exley, since apparently the aliens do not read sports news about minor league baseball. (The Unnatural)

I didn't know that one Kraw because I didn't watch X Files a lot

I never watched either, I started looking at the team and noticed it had a boat load of outfielders. I compared the players with the real 1948 browns. Josh was not on the team. I search google and that was one of the 1st hits.

Oddly enough the guy that played Josh in the x-files is also one of the leads in the movie RENT.

Fuzz is a big RENT fan

Well fellas, that is my/our 'little sig' for the rosters

It was easier to get away with for the '48 Browns :)

Anyways, two of my favorite fictional players and a tribute

to BB on the big screen

[so 'The Natural' and 'The Unnatural' on the same team, nice! Hory]

Indeed! yin and yang

• 2 years later...

Archived