I Enlarged the Pitch Meter!!!javascript:emoticon('post', 'me

Dodgerone

I think I've found the solutyion! Take Biggui program, place datafile into the program. Decompress it it. export it to a folder ewhere you have big gui. It willl be in text format. Do alt-f4(find) accuracywidth. Look for 34accuracywidth. When you find that, look for <batterpitcher>. Find 34. There you will see, ;34 0.06. Change that 0.06 to 0.60. Close, save. Then go to biggui, import the changed datafile, compress it. Close biggui then copy the new datafile to the original datafile location, you will be asked to overwite when you go to paste. Before you paste it or copy it, renanme the original datafile by putting a letter before the name datafile, eg: qdatafile. Paste the changed file. Start the game and you should see much larger pitch meter. I just tried it and it was a big ddifference! :java script:emoticon('post', 'message', ':D')

Very HappyD

Sorry for the typing errors. I am not up on all of the different methods of computer communicating, so I would welcome any suggestions.

1. Go to the datafile folder. Copy the datafile.

2. Paste the copied datafile in the folder that has the biggui program.

3. Open the biggui program and import or drag the copied datafile into it. There it will open it up.

4. Once opened , find the datafile highlight it and then decompress it.

5. Once decompressed, export it to the folder that the biggui is in ( which is the folder that you are currently in)

6. Minimize biggui DO NOT CLOSE biggui.

7. Open up the decompressed file, (mine was in notebook format) every thing is now in text form.

8. Click find: accuracywidth. Keep clicking find until you come to 34accuracywidth.

9. Now go to <batterpitcher>. Find 34 0.06. (Under the old datafile it said 34accuracywidth 0.06, thus it was changed slightly with the new mod) Change 0.06 to 0.60.

10. Close and save.

11. Maximize biggui and import the changed datafile text file back into biggui.

12. Highlight the datafile textfile, hit rebuild button then the compress button. now the datafile is compressed.

13. close biggui and copy the the datafile that you originally brought into this folder and paste it into the original datafile folder. It will ask if you wantto overwrite it. Before you overwite it, say no. Rename the original datafile (eg: qdatafile) or whatever. Now paste the datafile in the datafile folder. Close it and launch the game.

Hopefully this will be helpful. I tried it and it worked.

This has been explained many times. When I first introduced the small pitch meter it was explained.

The STOCK value is 0.120 and I cut it in half to 0.06 in my original mod. Changing it to 0.60 would make it HUGE?

It doesn't need to be nearly as complicated as this explanation. There is a 'datafile compression utility' (in the downloads section) that uncompresses the datafile and opens it in the text editor of your choice. Search for and edit the number as described (not sure about using 0.60) and save it. Then recompress it using the same utility.

Anyways a couple of searches will uncover all this information and even a few tutorials on how to change it for yourself.

For some reason no matter what I do to the datafile, the pitch meter stays the same size. I followed the original poster's instructions using the datafile decompression and recompression tools, but it fails regardless of what changes I make to the datafile.txt.

So far the only way I've been able to make the game playable is to go down to pro level and that makes hitting too easy.

For some reason no matter what I do to the datafile, the pitch meter stays the same size. I followed the original poster's instructions using the datafile decompression and recompression tools, but it fails regardless of what changes I make to the datafile.txt.

So far the only way I've been able to make the game playable is to go down to pro level and that makes hitting too easy.

Where are you putting the datafile.txt? It has to be in your /data folder, NOT in the /data/datafile folder.

Where are you putting the datafile.txt? It has to be in your /data folder, NOT in the /data/datafile folder.

That was it exactly, thanks. Someone saying stuff about the "datafile" folder had me thinking it went there. I've found .090 is much better for me. It's harder than the ridiculously easy default setting and doesn't make me want to murder people like the .060 setting.

Archived