NCAA Mens Basketball Tourney

Dom2662

You never know, there's always upset. George Mason is the only 11 seed to ever make it to the Elite 8 since like the earlys 1980's, so that tells you something right there.

I think the GMU v. UCONN game will be a lot closer than anyone thinks. I'm talking margin of victory below 5 points.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You never know, there's always upset. George Mason is the only 11 seed to ever make it to the Elite 8 since like the earlys 1980's, so that tells you something right there.

They beat Michigan St. who basically beat themselves, and inexperienced UNC, and even the Wichita St. coach said that his Shockers played it really poorly. Sure they beat 2 previous final 4 teams but all George Mason really did was take advantage of teams playing poorly. If UConn works things out they should win by alot. Washington was a really solid team they just beat.

should have entered a pool this year...darn it. my bracket is looking pretty good admist all the chaos with duke and a lot of other favroites going down early and ucla mabye 20 minutes away from indy. all i need ucla to do is to win the championship, and i'm solid.

the problem with the pool is that it detracts me from enjoying the games. For instance , in the Florida - Georgetown game I needed Florida to win so I could advance in my bracket and maintain my #1 place in the online tournament I am in , but I am a Georgetown fan so I didn't want to see them lose. I was never that big of a gambler anyways.

and when faced with their first challenge all tournament memphis couldn't step up , and UCLA wins. I never saw Memphis as a serious championship or final four contender , mainly because of my prejudice against mid-majors. Memphis was a good team , but should they really have deserved the #1 seed? While Memphis lost in their conference tournament , UCLA pounded Cal in the PAC-10 tournament to win their conference. Shouldn't UCLA have received that #1 seed instead of a mid-major?

edit : George Mason - UConn just went to OT. I'm very disappointed in Uconn's performance in the tournament. At least one of the teams they have played should have been blown out , but instead UConn has played "too close for comfort" and had to be bailed out twice in the final seconds , once by rashard anderson and once by a lucky tip-in with less than a second left. I am getting concerned about UConn...

And he's only a sophomore. Florida is going to be scary next year.

Yeah. They showed a graphic during the Florida-Nova game that showed the percentage of points that freshman & sophomores score for Florida against the juniors & seniors of Villanova. Scary.

Archived