New Team Logos

kgbaseball

Well I can't get the drop shadow to work. I'm assuming I use the same technique as if I were adding a shadow to text? I'm also trying to find the correct dimensions to make the logo look skinnier; I resized it the same way I do portraits (first making the height 155 or 309, then later to 128 or 256) but that didn't work real well. I've got an anatomy lab practical tonight so I've gotta get studying for that; I'll work on this later.

Well I can't get the drop shadow to work. I'm assuming I use the same technique as if I were adding a shadow to text? I'm also trying to find the correct dimensions to make the logo look skinnier; I resized it the same way I do portraits (first making the height 155 or 309, then later to 128 or 256) but that didn't work real well. I've got an anatomy lab practical tonight so I've gotta get studying for that; I'll work on this later.

I suppose that depends on how you (personally) add shadow to text.

Here's how I do it, and I apologize if you already know this or if you're having a completely different problem, but better safe than sorry.

The way I add drop shadow is by right-clicking (in the layer menu) the layer I want to add it to, go to blending options, click on Drop Shadow (not the check-box, the actual words so you get the drop shadow option menu), uncheck Use Global Light, then adjust the light angle and spread/distance of the shadow.

• 6 months later...

I plan on updating some logos for the 07 season. For example, Detroit's A team is becoming the Flying Tigers, instead of just the Lakeland Tigers, and Tampa's A team has to change their name because they can't be the Vero Beach Dodgers anymore. I'll also do Arizona's new look. I'm also going to take a look at some bigger logos and see if I can do anything with those.

also, Las Vegas 51s have a new logo for next year

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c...Anniversary.jpg

and New Britain Rock cats have a new logo too, haven't found a picture of it any bigger than this though

http://rockcats.com/DATA/system/images/sunsetwithlogos.jpg

Hopefully mlb presssbox will start updating their high quality mlb & milb logos sometime soon...

Archived