New Team Logos

kgbaseball

I didn't see anyone else make this little mod, but I found the logos of teams in the game (the tiny ones you see while simulating and elsewhere) to be very blurry, so I've decided to make them more clear. Just letting everyone know; here's a preview:

Just a little update here...

I released the MLB logos earlier today, and just finished with the AAA. They look fantastic! This will be a wonderful mod once it's complete. The changes are very noticable, and very good looking. Here's what some of the AAA logos turned out like:

Untitled-19.jpg

Well I was planning on doing the bigger logos last night, or starting them anyways, but I forgot that I would have to deal with the alpha much like you would with a player portrait. I'm not good at all with that stuff, so I probably won't do any more of the logos, unless I somehow get good at alphas and such. Plus, I don't think the ones that I was planning on doing look that bad anyways; it was the smaller ones that were the real problem. And on a sidenote, I experimented with 2x small logos, and it made no difference in quality, really. So if anyone wants to work on the big logos, go for it.

For alphas, I select the inverse of the logo using the magic wand, invert the selection and use the Change to Target option to change the color and lightness to white, then invert the selection again and use the same tool to change it to black.

--Eric

• 1 month later...

Alright, so I've been working on portraits lately for TP06, and I discovered the easy way to do alphas (thanks to Kraw's tutorial.) So then I thought I might be able to revive this project concerning the bigger team logos. I did the Angels, but it looks weird to me; I'm not sure what it is, but it just looks...goofy. What do you guys think?

untitled30ro.jpg

Keep in mind that I only did the one on the right so far.

If I can figure out how to make it look perfect, there's no doubt this would be my next project after Total Portraits is done.

Archived