itunes problems

bravesj858

something werid happened today....after importing a few new songs into my computer and loading it up on my nano, some of the songs went down the drain as terms of quality, lots of gargle. good news is that there are only 5 of them, and mostly 1 minute stuff. fountley, they haven't translated to the ipod...yet. my ipod is set to automatically update and i dont want to pick up the gargle. any way to set my ipod to manually update without deleting the songs that i have in my libary aldedy? i've tried doing this with no avail....

the funniest thing about it is, all the songs with gargle are mpeg 2 layer 3, while the rest are mpeg 1 layer 3. wonder why itunes just whacked out this morning...but that was the first time i imported tunes since the intial import.

nope, you know what it is. it does that to downloaded songs unless you get them off of i tunes. its their piracy defense.
I doubt that.

How would iTunes be able to tell what's been pirated and what's not? I burn songs to CDs that i bought off iTunes and then rerip them. That breaks the DRM, does iTunes screw that music up? No.

nope, you know what it is. it does that to downloaded songs unless you get them off of i tunes. its their piracy defense.

No. It doesn't do that. I won't go into too much detail, but my sister's iPod & iTunes definitely don't do that.

i have no songs off of itunes. and btw, when i insterted the selected songs on another itunes computer, works perfecly fine...could be my speakers giving out...

so you can't manually update songs on the nano? i heard it works with the mini...mabye it's some werid defense they put on there to make sure you only have the music off one person's computer.

I doubt that.

How would iTunes be able to tell what's been pirated and what's not? I burn songs to CDs that i bought off iTunes and then rerip them. That breaks the DRM, does iTunes screw that music up? No.

The way I break the DRM is simply convert the songs using an older version of music match jukebox from older version.com

Can't remember what version works though....

good news...the gargle only comes in when i play it on itunes on my computer for some strange reason...no gargles when it's on the ipod when it's played there or when i burned the cd using itunes and played it on other media. probaly just some kind of error with itunes 5 or my speakers may have to be replaced.

now another question which is burning related....my question here is what program rips better, windows media player or itunes? the media player seems to suck at mp3 ripping though. i'm thinking about going through some of my songs and reripping them to the pc becuase some of them came out so bad...

• 2 weeks later...

i have a few more questions about itunes...

1. i want to put album art for a certian artist, but not speically for a certian album (they weren't in an album). how do i do that (if possible)?

1a. how do i insert album art in the first place?

2. when i publish an imix, i have my own cover for the mix, how can i have that displayed instead of the mix of cd covers itunes has by default?

3. how do i delete songs from my ipod? (old podcasts mostly)

4. i want to have my ipod avabile to select songs from two computers (desktop and labtop). how do i do that?

5. if i select manage songs on the ipod, i have to reinstall the songs on the ipod. how do i prevent that?

thanks.

1 & 1a. Just select the song you want to add art for and in the bottom left hand corner, click the up arrowed button 4 from the left. Then it'll say "Drag Album Artwork Here" (or something to that extent). Drag and drop an open pitcure or an online picture to that box.

2. Not Sure.

3. If your iPod's automatically updating, go to Preferences>iPod and make it only update checkmarked songs. Then uncheck what you don't want to be on your iPod. If you are manually managing it, just delete the songs from your iPod (not your library) when your iPod Loads.

4. Manually manage it i guess.

5. Beats me.

Archived