Game of Shadows

Kccitystar

I bought the book, and it turns out it's basically an in-depth look at the events that happened when the BALCO scandal broke out. It goes into really graphic detail on Bonds' steroid usage and really talks about BALCO's methods of distributing designer steroids to athletes like Tim Montgomery, Marion Jones, Jason Giambi, etc.

Any questions about the book, I'd gladly answer them.

Great friggin book by the way. Kccitystar approves of this book.

I ordered it from Amazon.ca the other day. It is to be released March 28 in Canada, so it should arrive that day by 10:30 am. Can't wait.

I hear this is an excellent book. What do you rate it at (out of 10, 10 being the best)?

• 2 weeks later...

Read it, and it reinforces everyone's speculation.

I know this may not be the thread for this, but...

Side note: Has anyone seen "Bonds on Bonds", the ESPN reality show? It's like Leni Riefenstahl's "Triumph des Willens"(Triumph of the Will). This is totally propoganda for the man who will end the importance of statistics in baseball as we know it, and thus, will end the last straw of purity left in the game we love. I mean is Bonds controlling everthing from subject matter, to everyone hates me break down crying scenes, to Mike Schmidt saying, "If steroids where around when I played, I might of taken them"?

I go to school in the bay area, and all I ever hear from everyone here is how much they "Love Barry". I can bet if he was still playing for the Pirates, yeah right, they would be jeering him as much as the rest of us.

I gave the show a chance. Thought maybe it would presented with more than one side, was wrong, and now I am sad...

• 2 weeks later...

i am halfway through the book and it is great. i got more of an in-depth look at the steroids scandal. just by looking at bonds and comparing him with not only what he used to look like but also the side effects of steroids (roid rage, baldness, enlarged head). i always thought he was on steroids and the fact that these reporters had such documents as to know the abusers had calendars and codes of when to take the drugs just confirms what i have speculated. this is one of the best books i have ever read.

Archived