TotalMinors Update

GForce22

Hey guys,

Sorry, my password wasn't working here, but Scott fixed it for me.

Where we're at:

The Baseball America prospects for every team have been added with few exceptions (basically, too much depth at one position).

25-man rosters set for all teams

Filler players (non BA prospects to fill out the AAA and AA rosters) are done for 10 teams.

Contract conversion terms are in spreadsheet, ready to be added (will be after the first release, though).

Understand, I am doing full ratings for all of these guys based on my formulas and research. Nobody is just getting a name slapped on them. It's not the way I've ever done things and I won't start now. Also, though I know others have chosen to release incomplete works with 50 updates (as is their perogative), I don't believe in doing that. To me, if something isn't done, it isn't done. Personal preference.

Hopefully this will be worth your wait. The real kicker is I have a new job as of January with lots less free time than my old job...I did 2/3 of my OOTP work from my job last year. No such luxury this year, plus my son. And playtime with him comes first!

I'm doing everything possible to make this worth your wait. Until the second patch, my opinion is that a franchise is unplayable anyway.

Thanks again for the continued patience.

GH

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you putting the players on teh correct levels (AAA, AA) ..I understand some prospects would be on a AA team when in real life they should be in A ball. But AAA teams should be accurate right ?

Yeah. Just some cases where guys are DL'd that affect the AAA roster a bit. But for the most part it's accurate.

GH

Bit of possible bad news...I had to take my son to the emergency room tonight. Nothing too bad, just needed stitches to close a cut on his head he got at the park. He's ok, but I really need to keep a perfect eye on him to make sure he doesn't mess with the stitches. Often, when we're not playing together, he plays in the room where I'm working. But with this I really can't go taking my eyes off of him too much, even in the same room. I will be doing as much work as I can the next few days, but this understandably comes first.

GH

I have a question, I noticed after the first patch, there were players who had their photos included in the game who were not in the first release...do you have any plans to update these guys photo id's in the game if you create the player for totalminors? ie guys that weren't in the original game but who EA added in patch #1, but who you create from scratch since you are working off the original rosters...

I have a question, I noticed after the first patch, there were players who had their photos included in the game who were not in the first release...do you have any plans to update these guys photo id's in the game if you create the player for totalminors? ie guys that weren't in the original game but who EA added in patch #1, but who you create from scratch since you are working off the original rosters...

The plan is to incorporate all photo ID #s as per the list being compiled over at highheat2004.net, which includes prospects, etc. for guys developing photo sets.

GH

Believe me, I'm hoping so. If not, then Monday.

24 done, hopefully one more tonight. The first release is a feedback release basically. During the week I release v1 I will be taking feedback and fixing a few things (skin tones, some uni #s) and adding correct contract terms. Then I'll do v 1.1. After that, it's on to major leaguer revisions, which will be v2 and go MUCH more quickly than v1 (since I already have a lot of these calculated).

GH

Forgot about this weekend...mother's day is Sunday, but Saturday is my 30th birthday. Probably not much getting done then. Hopefully, the next 3 days will be good to me time-wise. Guys have been incredibly patient and it is truly appreciated.

GH

One question though. Will future versions like 1.1 or 2 or the final version be able to be mixed in with version 1.0 so we can start a dynasty from the first download? Or will we have to wait till the final version so we can get the fullest out of your roster?

Up to 25 done.

Also, I haven't grabbed the patch yet because the rosters now have incorrect numbers of players on a few teams so it won't import. We'll all find out how it works with the patch together :)

GS, you can't merge roster sets, so it's not like you'll be able to take stuff from v2 and add it to v1. Sorry.

GH

ey geforce,

i have a question . . . are the 25 teams done right now just minor league teams or the whole organizations, such as minor AND mlb?

and also, if they are just minors, when are u gunna work on the mlb rosters?

Archived