TotalMinors Update

GForce22

27 done.

Getting there.

My GUESS at this point is a Monday or Tuesday release. DEFINITELY next week at some point. As I've said, I won't get much done this weekend. How early next week really depends how much I can get done tomorrow.

Thanks, as always, for the patience and support.

GH

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey gforce, what ur releasing on mon or tues are they full aa aaa and mlb rosters, or are they just the minor leagues? if full i can finally start up my dynasty, ive never gone thins long without starting one, hell by now normally im bored with the game but i havent even messed with anything for franchise yet, all ive done is mod mod mod. im lookin forward to your rosters. thanks

hey gforce, what ur releasing on mon or tues are they full aa aaa and mlb rosters, or are they just the minor leagues? if full i can finally start up my dynasty, ive never gone thins long without starting one, hell by now normally im bored with the game but i havent even messed with anything for franchise yet, all ive done is mod mod mod. im lookin forward to your rosters. thanks

His first version of the roster set will contain full minor leagues AND major leagues roster. However, the majors attributes and contract terms will be adjusted in the 2nd version.

v1 will include:

-- Accurate 25-man opening day rosters for all teams

-- Practically all of the top 30 prospects per franchise according to Baseball America (few exceptions, such as a situation with a lot of low minors pitching depth that would leave AA with 14 pitchers out of 22 slots, or 4 shortstops, etc)

-- Whatever open spots are left in a franchise after those prospects, the 25-man roster and others included in EA's opening default set who are now free agents or AAA players, are filled with real AAA and AA players for the given franchise. Basically, every player is real.

-- Minor leaguers are rated for the utmost in accuracy using my formulas.

For about a week I will be taking feedback, changes you guys see, etc. During that time I will also be fixing some things like skin tones (I got well into this project before RGlass' editor straightened this out...I had been going by the skin tone section in MVPEdit, which isn't right), as well as adding correct contract terms for everyone. That will be v1.1.

v2 will be a major league update. Not everyone feels the major leaguers need to be adjusted largely, which is fine. If that's the case, v 1.1 I would say would be a good time to start your dynasty with these. But I promise, the wait for v2 won't be anywhere near this long. I have data ready, just don't want to delay an initial release any more.

Hope this clears it up.

GH

27 done.

Getting there.

My GUESS at this point is a Monday or Tuesday release. DEFINITELY next week at some point. As I've said, I won't get much done this weekend. How early next week really depends how much I can get done tomorrow.

Thanks, as always, for the patience and support.

GH

Dude I would help you but I am one of the clueless people here who dont even know how to rename a folder. Okay thats a load of crap but I am oblivious when it comes to editing dat files via C++ etc.... Maybe one day I can learn. BTW great job on puting the time and effort on this. Good Luck on getting it accurate in every which way possible cause it aint easy. Also please add Kazmir in the FA list so I can put him in the AA roster. Thank You.

Kind of off this topic, but what does each point of a contract in the game equal to in real life money. Like when you sign a guy, how much is 100 points? Anyone know?

So pretty much at what rate is you/GForce doing the player contracts at? I remember you/him talking about it, but forget what it was.

:|

Kind of off this topic, but what does each point of a contract in the game equal to in real life money. Like when you sign a guy, how much is 100 points? Anyone know?

So pretty much at what rate is you/GForce doing the player contracts at? I remember you/him talking about it, but forget what it was.

:|

I had done 70% of actual when I did OOTP rosters, but I see no reason at this point not to do real salary conversions for MVP. I have all the figures now, just a matter of data entry.

GH

Late this week for v1. v 1.1 (with skin tone fixes, contracts, lineups/rotations, other observations from users) in 7-10 days. v2 in another 10 days-2 weeks, hopefully.

GH

Would it be possible for you to edit the big name Major Leaguers for your V.1? Just like the top guy on each team or something. I won't want to wait for V.2, so is it at all possible to do the big name guys in your first version?

Would it be possible for you to edit the big name Major Leaguers for your V.1? Just like the top guy on each team or something. I won't want to wait for V.2, so is it at all possible to do the big name guys in your first version?

It would drag it a few days. I could do that for the v 1.1 perhaps. top couple on each team. I could work that in.

GH

MVPEdit has a formula that determines what dollar value equals a certain point amount.

300K=100pts

600K=199

1mil=331

There is NO difference in salaries.

Thanks. That's what I figured.

I didn't know MVPEdit had that feature. I haven't played around with that much.

Thanks. That's what I figured.

I didn't know MVPEdit had that feature. I haven't played around with that much.

Type the real dollars in the salary box and hit the $ symbol. It'll do the conversion for you.

GH

Version 1 will be released Friday. I am going through and fixing some skin tone stuff that was wrong, getting major league uniform #s right and some other touch-ups. I will probably tweak a couple of major leaguers for this, more that stand out in v 1.1 and the total overhaul of the major league ratings will be for v2.

The rosters are as of Opening Day.

GH

In response to a question from another board on too many hot zones for poor prospects in default rosters:

"Yes, this is cleared up. Very few minor leaguers will have many red zones. In fact, and I'll wait for you guys' feedback on this, I think I may actually have too many cold zones. There should be more grey zones than anything, IMO, and I think right now I have too many cold zones. This is a quick fix for v1.1 if you agree it's true.

I have MLB lineups/rotations corrected, also have adjusted contract lengths for 20 of the teams (will do last 10 tonight or early tomorrow), with a caveat...young guys in the majors will have their contracts at 1 year right now as I haven't adjusted for arbitration and such. This and the minor league contracts will also be fixed for v1.1. But Chavez, Wood, etc. are on the multiyear deals they should be.

I work tomorrow, but hope to get this out before I head in to work. If not, it will be a late night release as I only get home around midnight EST. But I'll do my best to get it out before I head in."

Also, Vinestal...all my roster versions will be accurate as of Opening Day. I don't believe (never have with HH or OOTP either) in doing rosters to reflect say, July 1, when your season starts April 1 or whatever. If after I release v2, someone wants to take it and update transactions to current and post it, I have no problem with that, however, so long as credit is given.

GH

Archived