Need help for baseball beginners.

Valery Prikhodko

First of all, sorry for my bad english, but I have problem and search solution.

I try create baseball team in my city, but we don't have many information about baseball hitting and pitching.

i have "play ball: baseball basics fot Little league" DVD series, 10 baseball games downloaded from inet and couple of books. I need more info about all aspects of the game.

Please give me links on sites when i find info how to hit and how to pitch ball and over useful information.

Now i read Dusty Baker "You can teach hitting" and have question. In this book one of the mistakes describes like "loop in the swing". What does this mean?

Thanks for any help.

This is a good post topic. I've been trying to teach my fiancee how to play ball for a few months now. She can now swing a bat pretty decently for someone who's never played before, but she's still having problems with throwing.

She seems to go through the motions correctly, puts a fair amount of force behind the ball and it goes...10 feet.

It's hard for me to teach, because I've been playing since I was 5, and everything's sort of like a second nature motion now. Any advice on how to get my girlfriend to not throw like a...girl?

--Eric

Don't show her any Johnny Damon videos.

lmao! yeah it is just so bizarre watching him throw - it really is like he never learned how .. like astroeric's fiancee the force is there but somehow it is not transferred. I am afraid that johnny might be a victim of the attitude held by many coaches that if a kid does not know how to throw by little league then there is no point in trying to teach him. Sad truth is that probably none of his mlb coaches have ever worked with him on his throwing either.

Don't show her any Johnny Damon videos.

:mrgreen:

AstroEric, maybe her thumb is in her way. :? I know one of my buddies - who if you never saw him attempt to throw - is pretty masculine and all. But, he couldn't toss a ball back in the infield - much less from short to first. Since he started throwing a ball with his fingers only, he's that much better.

Still, he doesnt' have much of an arm outside of the infield. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived