Taylor Hicks wins American Idol

KCBQ11

I only watch the first few episodes because people with no talent get mocked by Simon and company , which is hilarious. Once people start going to Hollywood I lose interest.

I am curious to know why a show focused on a teen demographic would vote a 50-year old looking man as Idol...you'd think the younger contestant would win!?

I only watch the first few episodes because people with no talent get mocked by Simon and company , which is hilarious. Once people start going to Hollywood I lose interest.

I am curious to know why a show focused on a teen demographic would vote a 50-year old looking man as Idol...you'd think the younger contestant would win!?

He is not 50-yrs old. He is only about 28 with the gray hair he looks 50 something but he is not.

The best american idol winner was Carrie Underwood hands down. her album went triple platinum in 6 months!

because she went country and they are one of the only demographics left that buy records...the song-writers that "Idol" hires for their winners are out of it..they think people still listen to Celine Dion ballad records from the early 90's ...case in point, Kelly Clarkson became a superstar after ditching "Idol" writers for her second record..

The best american idol winner was Carrie Underwood hands down. her album went triple platinum in 6 months!

because she went country and they are one of the only demographics left that buy records...the song-writers that "Idol" hires for their winners are out of it..they think people still listen to Celine Dion ballad records from the early 90's ...case in point, Kelly Clarkson became a superstar after ditching "Idol" writers for her second record..

but country fans still like those types of songs..so she did well

ditto!

He'd better come across as the Next Dave Matthews or else he has to sell his records to the 40 somethings.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris was definately my favourite. He was the best singer in the competition, hands down. What I didn't like though, was that Seacrest (Ryan) didn't give Chris time to say anything after he was knocked off. Plus, it was short and quick vs the long and painful knockoffs of other contestants. They just showed his movie clip with the Bad Day song, and the Seacrest just made him sing. Chris should have been able to at least thank his fans!

Archived