ATI RADEON X800 PRO PCI Express 256MB

UncleMo

I'm thinking of getting a "NEW ATI RADEON X800 PRO PCI Express 256MB VIDEO CARD" for my PC.

Question: How good is this card.

My current specs are 1 gig of ram, 2.2ghz, AMD64 .

I want to play Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault, COD2, FEAR, and BF2 (on high settings, not low/medium like I do now).

Can I run these games or will I need to get more RAM to run them at high settings?

Thanks. Mo.

Uncle Mo

I just bought a new card (Nvidia BFG 7800GT 256mb) to play most of the games you just mentioned. F.E.A.R seems to be the biggest PC hog of them all, but the card I have runs them all flawlessly.

To my point:

I frequent this site http://forums.vugames.com/forum.jspa?forumID=168 which is a support site for the game F.E.A.R. and ALOT of these people have the exact same card as you, and they seem to think it's a great card.

With that being said, if you can run F.E.A.R, the rest of the games you just mentioned should run like buttAH! :)

As long as you use the ATI driver sets without the Catalyst Control Center (CCC) you'll be fine. it's a useless program but that's just me. I have a 9800XT so I plan on upgrading soon and donating this card to my bro when I build a new PC

Uncle Mo I have a ATI X700 PCI-E and I can run MVP 2005 with settings to the max with no probs at all. Im alos using KCCitystars unis. So I think you will have no prob at all running graphics to the max

hope that kinda helps

Jeremy

Archived