Ken Griffey Major League Baseball

Did anyone here used to play Ken Griffey Baseball for N64- Back then I used to be in love with the game but it was hard to update the rosters. I found the cartridge today and started playing. I was wondering if anyone used to play it back in the day.

This is a great thread! I was about to make a thread similar to this about old-school baseball video games. My personal favorite was Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest with that crazy Mariner announcer, Dave Niehaus- "get out the white bread and mustard grandma, it's grand salami time!' Me and my friends used to stay up all night playing that game. One time, the final score of one of the games was 23-22.

Played Bases Loaded (1 2 and 3) for NES, and Ken Griffey (the first one of his) for SNES. Ken Griffey was amazing I played it all the time back in tha day, I even put in the proper names for pretty much every player, and filled out my own scorecards for each game and kept track of all the stats, since the game didn't.

I never played it for N64, but it was my second favourite all-time game for SNES, right behind Stanley Cup Hockey. The strikeout reactions were the best, from breaking the bat over the knee or screaming "Oh come on!"

yeah Stanley Cup hockey! and the strikeouts were always my favorite part...man i played the hell outta that game!

hahah yes, I played the one for SNES and I got a lil story.

I think the game was rigged: I played with Seattle since I wanted to be Jr. Well I played the whole 162 game schedule ... go to playoffs... go to world series and meet the Cardinals. To make a long story short we went 7 games. Top of the 9th inning (in St. Louis) and the score is tied at 10-10 with 2 outs. Griffey is up and I hit a Hr with him to take the lead. Now with 2 outs in the bottom half of the inning the Cardinals get a guy on with a single. The next guy hit a bomb to deep centerfield .... Jr is in pursuit.... climbs the wall and robs a Hr to win the world series!!! Now even being 11 or 12 I had in mind this was set-up........pretty crazy.

I had the slugfest for the gameboy..i think i still have it somewhere around here. I hardly ever play the gameboy so i didn't play much, especially when the rosters weren't updated but yeah i'm sure now i'd be like damn, all those players..where the heck did they go! :lol:

I still play it. I made the 1998 Mariners on MVP with that game. The only bad thing was the pitchers were somewhat unrealistic. David Cone and ROger Clemens were the same pitcher. Randy Johnson could pitch between 60 and 106 mph.

Archived