Updated Griffith - I can't believed this worked

paulw

It was too much of a challenge for me to resist so I tried to get Griffith as realistic as possible. It was 424 down the line in the original EA version and the temporary seats they had in center were only there for the 1924 World Series. Griffith went through lots of changes over the years - with the left field line ranging anywhere from 350 (1959 - 1960) to 388 post- 1961 and 1954 to 1958. In 1959 Clark Griffith added 12 rows of seats to front of the left field bleachers - these were removed again in 1961. Between 1934 and 1949 an average distance was about 405. Anyhow, I've put together the correct dimensions for post 1954 (excluding 1959 and 1960). I've also removed the temporary seats in center. I've tested the new collision data and to my suprise everything is working perfectly so far. Below is a pic with the changes. It's A LOT more interesting park to play in this way. Balls caroming around in center are a lot of fun.

griffith_newout.jpg

Thanks again Paul. I really enjoy your work!

While playing at your new Griffith, I ran into a collision detection issue with the wall to the right of the RF Foul Pole.

The ball was a slicer down the RF line on the ground and just got around the grandstand that juts out and hit the last grandstand wall right before the Foul Pole and scooted along the base and then disappeared behind the OF wall. The AI Outfielders just stopped at the wall and the batter got an inside the park HR.

Thought you would want to know about this. Thanks again.

Thanks again Paul. I really enjoy your work!

While playing at your new Griffith, I ran into a collision detection issue with the wall to the right of the RF Foul Pole.

The ball was a slicer down the RF line on the ground and just got around the grandstand that juts out and hit the last grandstand wall right before the Foul Pole and scooted along the base and then disappeared behind the OF wall. The AI Outfielders just stopped at the wall and the batter got an inside the park HR.

Thought you would want to know about this. Thanks again.

Thanks for letting me know. The one bug I did experience once was down that right field line also but that was *before* I changed the collision data. I guess I didn't disturb this glitch.

Have you (or anyone) had any problems with balls out in center field or the left field corner. That's the area I did the most work and I never had anything bad happen - I'm sure something will to someone.

Don't know if there's a lot I can do about the bug you mentioned in right. Collision data can be *so* frustrating. You can change one area and another one gets goofed up.

The same right field jut out:

Had a ball go in there and the fielder threw from behind the jut out and the a ball hit the wall in front of him and bounced to centerfield.

I had that same on happen to me before I made any changes a couple of times. I could try and fix it but might cause more problems in other places. I'll look at the data just a bit.

Were you able to get the players into the bullpens in the outfield, or did you just add them? Because I know there has been some talk of being able to move people in the bullpens.

So are they still coded into the old bullpens or the new ones? If you did find a way to move the bullpens, send me a PM.

Archived