Best Plays?

TwentySeven

In real life, what have been your best plays?

I'm normally an outfielder, but our first baseman had to have surgery and even though he was ok a week or two afterwards, he couldnt play because of our high school league rules.

So anyways, I'm playing first, I'm a righty.

Bases loaded, 1 out, up by 1 in the sixth, and a line drive is hit down the 1B line.

I actually caught it in my glove, being on the left hand.

That means that I had to twist my glove across my body in midair to try to get the ball.

Then, I was able to tag the bag to make a double play. It was sweet.

A scout was there to watch one of the seniors on our team, and he gave me the video clip, and its really good.

I was trying to score from first on a single (never a good idea) and was gonna be out by a mile at the plate but I did this really weak jump and twisted my body to avoid the tag. By this time I was a mile behind home so I dove back just in time to score. It had no effect on the game, we won 27 - 8 :)

i played first base for the boston red sox (11-13 year olds) a kid hit a grounder to the second basemen and he threw it over my head i turned around backwards with my eyes closed and caught the ball over my head.

the next play the second baseman gunned it at face and cut my lip open lol

i played first base for the boston red sox (11-13 year olds) a kid hit a grounder to the second basemen and he threw it over my head i turned around backwards with my eyes closed and caught the ball over my head.

the next play the second baseman gunned it at face and cut my lip open lol

Lol :p

Second baseman isn't a gold glover then?

I have two plays.

1) I was playing 1st base. 2 outs in the 7th inning. We were up 1 run and it was the first game of the playoffs. There was a guy on third. On a groundball to third base the third basemen bobbles it and throws it over. The throw was offline and hight. To the left of me and 3 feet over my head. Jumping up off the bag and catching the ball, as i came down tagging the runner to end the game.

2) I was playing 3rd. Men on 1st and 2nd, 1 out. Batter hits a dribbler to the pitcher. He throws over to me, made the catch for the out at third then threw a laser across the diamond to get the runner at first. The first basemen did make a suberb stretch. Throw didnt buonce or anything.

Well this wasn't a play I did but it worked 11-12 times we did it this year.

It's a play called EAGLES the name of my HS team. The second baseman and SS both go towards the bag, go back to thier positions and run towards the bag again. The pitcher turns around and fakes the throw to the bag while the 2B and SS time it and dive when the ball "should have" arrived. Then the center fielder runs out to deep center. The pitcher still has the ball in his hand and the runner usually thinks the ball was thrown away in to center field and takes off for third. Then the pitcher runs him down and gets him out.

For me it had to be in LL when i turned a triple play. Man on first and second and there was a pop up hit right on top of first base. I was literally standing on first when I caught it. Threw it to second for the 3-6 triple play.

Just the other day I was playing on a field with big foul territory. I was playing right field and there was a popup hit to the first basemen. He had to run back and made a play where, after the catch, all his momentum was running out towards right. He then flipped me the ball and I gunned out the runner on a one hopper to the plate.

I'm really bad at catching popups. If there are 10 hit to me I'll drop nine. Well the other day I was playing first and a popup was hit to me and I caught it to end the game. It may not seem like much, but I was impressed lol.

one time i was trying to make a shoestring catch in center field. i was playing real deep because this guy hit a homer in his last at bat so i had to give it my all and ran my fastest. as i was sticking out my glove, i tripped over a weird lookin patch of grass and tumbled for at least three or four seconds. i landed sitting down and i held my glove in the air to try and sell the call. turns out that i had caught the ball while i was flipping over lol.

Mine would probably have to be gunning a guy down trying to advance from second to third on a single. I was stuck in RF even though I was by far the best 1B on the team. Anyways... Ball is smoked into RF and he has to hold to make sure I don't catch it. He saw it wasn't gonna be caught and took off; the ball dropped right in front of me and one-hopped into my glove. In one fluid motion I scooped it and transfered to my throwing hand and gunned to third with everything I had behind it. I threw a strike to our 3B, he didn't even have to move his glove. Caught it about a foot off the ground and barely had to move to tag the runner's leg.

• 1 month later...

I was playing LF and our team was down one run and some kid got a double well the guy that was on first was going to third and my second basemen made a horrible throw to third that ended up in, LF so I pick up the ball and that guy is now going home, I threw a rocket and got him out. But the umpire talked it over with a coach and said my third basemen was in the basepath to much so the guy was called safe. I later got ejected form the game because I cussed her out :oops:

I also made a diving catch in Center one time.

• 2 months later...

Not my best, but definately funny. I was moved to first, and on a double play ground ball, second baseman passed to shortstop, and when the shortstop made the throw, I missed it and it hit my jaw. The runner thought I was down and ran to second. I then regrouped myself and threw the ball to second base to finish the DP

I like to play both baseball and softball (mainly baseball). To me they're pratically the same. I'm an Outfielder, and I throw left. I have a few, both offense and defense.

Offense:

Just this past week, I was up to bat with a runner on 2nd. I hit a single up the middle. Guy on 2nd goes to third. Keep in mind these base paths are shorter, and I'm a really fast runner. I round 1st and see the throw going into 3rd. I see that and run for 2nd. As I'm going into my head-first dive the ball's coming in. To make the tag longer I slid to the outside part of the base. Safe by a split second. Later, on 3rd, ball was hit back to the pitcher. He looked me back and threw to 1st. As soon as he threw to 1st I ran for home. I did a hook slide at home by sliding past the plate, but touching home with my left leg as I slid by, avoiding the tag.

Defense:

I've made the usual diving/jumping catches before but these stick out.

Playing baseball with my friends, 2 outs bases loaded. I'm in center. We had a rule of leading but no stealing. I tried to take advantage of that by me, not the 2nd baseman or SS, sneaking in and trying to pick the runner off at 2nd (my friend batting had no power). Well I happend to be in the right place at the right time. As i snuck in, ball was hit up the middle for a hit, or everyone thought. I simply scooped up the ball and tagged 2nd to end the threat.

Softball, the triple play. I was playing SS for fun cause back then Nomar was still on the red sox. bases loaded, no outs. Ball hit to me, I tag 2nd, throw home. Pitcher tags out the runner. He throws back to me as I tag the runner trying to go to 2nd. Got outta that mess.

Bloopers (for fun)

Playing LF with my friends, I ran for a ball in foul territory. Some moron left the soccer net in the foul area. I got there as the ball landed, and I couldn't stop cause I was running so fast. I went into a slide, my knee hit the soccer net pole, I flipped in the air and got caught in the net.

Again playing LF, I was trying to rob a homerun (not knowing where the hell the fence was) I jumped up *BAM* my chest hits the top of the fence, I do a 180 and flip over. Only if I caught the ball...

For me it had to be in LL when i turned a triple play. Man on first and second and there was a pop up hit right on top of first base. I was literally standing on first when I caught it. Threw it to second for the 3-6 triple play.

not to **** in your cheerios or anything, but how wasn't this an infield fly?

last year (11th grade), there was an out with the bases loaded with the three hitter up, i was playing short on the grass at second. a line drive was shot to my left, i laid out for it and flipped the ball to the first baseman for the double play to end the inning. we won the game by two runs, i'd like to think i helped.

Well the best play that I ever made was probably this one time when I hit 3 batters in 4 pitches (that wasn't the play) and I was forced to go to RF cause that was the only real vacancy we had. I never played RF, but I figured WTHeck. First hitter hits a rocket at me, and the firstbaseman trips on his way trying to get to the ball in RF. I ran back to first, and dove into the bag, just beating the runner, who I'm not too sure why thought I couldn't get to it. :D

The best play I made at SS was an unassisted triple play though, which might have been better then the unassisted double play in right. I got a scorcher hit to me, tagged the runner who was stealing 3rd on the pitch and ran back to 3rd base to step on it retiring the guy who thought that it went over me.

I guess I play in a league where the kids are dumb enough to get out in weird manners.

I have a few but my favorite as of late would be two weeks ago my team was down 4 – 2 in the bottom of the last inning with one out and are 1 and 2 hitters hit back to back doubles and then I hit my first (and probably last) walk off homerun. It was two weeks ago but I’m still riding a little bit of a high from it.

I have a few but my favorite as of late would be two weeks ago my team was down 4 – 2 in the bottom of the last inning with one out and are 1 and 2 hitters hit back to back doubles and then I hit my first (and probably last) walk off homerun. It was two weeks ago but I’m still riding a little bit of a high from it.

Word, I didn't think about hitting. Walk off grandslam. That was AWESOME!

Runner on second with two out. I'm in center and the batter hits one back up the middle. I picked it up and realized I had no chance to get the guy at the plate. I faked a throw, did this little spin move, and I could see the batter starting for second. He hit the brakes but my throw beat him back. And the ump wasn't paying attention and said the run didn't count, even though it was clear he scored.

Archived