1998 Devil Rays - Released!

Kccitystar

kc-tam98.jpg

The 1998 Devil Rays were one of 2 teams introduced to the MLB after the 1997 season. The other team being the Arizona Diamondbacks. Now, The Devil Rays uniforms currently worn by players like Rocco Baldelli and Aubrey Huff are current as of 2001. Prior to 2001, they wore these uniforms starting from 1998. It also includes the 1998 inaugural patch worn during the 1998 season. The following uniform was done in 2X, meaning the dimension size was twice as big as the original size, 128x128 pixels. And due to the big file size, I managed to compress it to a mere 800KB or so.

Are these full-blown 2x or are they 2xLite? The full blown 2X bog my system down.

yeah, full blown 2x. I managed to keep the file size down so it doesn't really slow down anything but if its not up to par, feel free to kick my ***.

i added a special effect to all the logos so they look less "iron-on" and more stitched

are you doing that with the emboss effect? i'm working on a monarchs uni pack, and i'm wanting to get that stitched look too.

also, i haven't installed the new/old d-rays unis yet(they are stunning)...i just have a question...do these overwrite any of the other unis, or do they take a new slot, a la fuzz's uniform prog?

I used fuzz's editor so they didn't replace any unis. I also made mine 2Xlite so it didn't bog my system. Also, kccitystar....you didn't update the llod pic with the updated uniform. When you see players at a distance (running bases or the outfield), it's the new unis not the old. I fixed that on the one I put in my game too.

agh...D'oh! :banghead:

Fuzz, how the hell did you possibly get 3 emails regarding my patch?...I put my email addy in the readme for any questions!

I'll upload a 1.01 real quick...by the way, what is 2x - Lite...how do you define that?

i dunno what's wrong with people either. they email me asking how they can install your stuff with mvp studio. i tell them that they have to create a portrait.bmp and blah blah, and then they ask me to do it for them so at that point, i usually blow them off since it's your work,not mine.

not sure what 2xlite means but sure sounds intriguing when umachines' advertises.

MVP STUDO 2XLITE!

you see,it works with everything.

T2P 2XLITE.

maybe umachines or someone who's part of the 500 2XLite club can explain it.

is version 1.1 out yet? I noticed the same thing. they dont show on the jersey select screen and the players where the current jersey from a distance. I tried switching back to the current unis but now they all have purple numbers. Hook me up!

Yeah, I actually got my brain to work after a 13-hour shift at work and figured out how to add them with Studio (I forgot that KC's exe file actually extracted the fsh files into the MVP folder :oops: ). I just have to tweak a couple things since all three didn't get added, only one...hey, I'm tired, lol.

Anyway, as far as the uni selection bmp, all I did was use one of the bmp's in the fsh file (open it up and you'll see what I mean) and resized it from 256x256 to 128x128.

Now I just have to figure out a way to do that with the '91 Astros unis that were released awhile back. I haven't touched them in awhile, so does anybody know if that exe file extracts the fsh files into the MVP folder or if it automatically installs them?

to get 2xLite, you actually resize the uni's to 192 and compress. One other thing I learned from Umachines... when you extract files, save them as .PNG instead of .BMP - sometimes a bitmap will actually shrink the files somewhat. Again, credit for this discovery goes to Umachines and his bp uni work w/the stripes from shoulder to the end of the sleeve.

quote from Umachines' readme:

ABOUT 2XLite TEXTURES

Some days ago I downloaded Bart-W´s 2X Boston and CHC uniforms.

They simply look great, but there is a big problem: Poor game

performance. You really need to have a high end system to run

the game at a decent speed with 2x uniform textures. Even so,

I thought the idea was great, and I think I found a way to use

high resolution textures without a big performance decrease.

What really happens with 2X textures, is that they are not 2x,

but actually 4x. If an original file is 128x128 pixels, the 2X

version is 256X256 pixels, and that's 4 times the file area!.

And remember we have two teams and several texture files for

each of them.

To solve this problem I took the most important part of a

uniform: Jerseys, of course. And I resized the files so that a

128x128 picture is now 192X192 and a 128x64 picture is now

192x96 (1½ longer and higher) this way we have files that are

about 2¼ the original size. In fact, the only bigger files

in this version are jerf, jerk, jers, jert, slvr and slvl. Each

0xxxy.fsh file is now 915k uncompressed, that I consider still

a good size in bytes.

Archived