Burning down the House (that Ruth built)

Hory

The 29 other teams that were just made part-owners of the Yankees now have to come up with 100% of the monetary value of the remaining contracts of the Yankees. That makes sense to you?

As The Dynasty said, someone needs more education on these matters. ;)

lmao, the more I try to make sense of it, the more it just makes less sense, but as Hory said, it's all fantasy, so...it's all to the good.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, a new slogan for the 2006 Yankees.

I guess the cream still hasn't been cleaned out of your pants from 2004. I don't mean to hijack the thread but I guess I am because some dickhead here likes rubbing in a first place lead by only a few games in JULY. I remember the Red Sox being in first place last year for a while, but the Yankees were in first at the most important time: October.

Wow, a new slogan for the 2006 Yankees.

Man, from the way you're talking, I would think the Sox already won the East, heh.

By the trade deadline both the Yanks and the Sox could both be looking up at the Jays. It's baseball. Unless you're a fan ofa team like the Cubs or Royals, I don't think there's a "next year" slogan, especially for the Yanks.

The 29 other teams that were just made part-owners of the Yankees now have to come up with 100% of the monetary value of the remaining contracts of the Yankees. That makes sense to you?

As The Dynasty said, someone needs more education on these matters. ;)

Yes, that is part of the penalty imposed on the club, basicially a storyline way of explaining how small-market teams like the Marlins or Royals could end up with these big salaried players, otherwise there would be only 5-6 clubs that could afford any of the players on this team, and therefore only 5-6 to pull prospects from, and therefore much less interesting.

Think of this as a similar situation of the Italian soccer clubs that have just been demoted to a lower league for match fixing, and had points docked to ensure the clubs will not win for the next couple of seasons.

If the team is subject to a 19.8 million cap, there is no way a player that makes more than 10 million dollars like Jeter, Mussina, Posada or Rivera (as in the list above) would remain on the team. And wouldn't 19.8 million cap be too severe? Wouldn't 35 or 45 be better? Anyway, if you are going to play this dynasty, I wish you luck. How about Reyes and Wright from Mets for Jeter and Arod? LOL. The salaries would be good for the cap. Nice work so far.

man i love the sight of all these yankee fans getting all ticked off over something that isn't even real, maybe all this losing is getting to them. and yes, leave the "next year" saying to the cubs, what else do my poor cubbies have xcept that saying of hope for next year.

we should all just chill, i think the idea of this dynasty is brilliant. It'll be fun following it. I want to see what he gets in return for these veterans.

edit: i bet the padres would want arod, with their 3B situation. Or you could consider moving him back to SS

The Yankees "crumbling". Heh. I'd hate to hear your opinions on your Cubbies, lmao :roll:

The thought that the Yankees are 'crumbling' is pure bullshit, BUT, what we've seen this year, so far, is $198 million doesn't buy you what it used to.

If the team is subject to a 19.8 million cap, there is no way a player that makes more than 10 million dollars like Jeter, Mussina, Posada or Rivera (as in the list above) would remain on the team.

There's still a story behind the '99%' to be told :wink:

i think a-rod would enjoy coming to the cubs, it would make the team better, he would enjoy the short bleachers in left, and the wind from michigan lake, and the "friendly" not "hating" fans at wrigley as appose to yankee stadium. and he could go back to his natural position.

I will follow, but don't talk crap about the Yankees. They are not crumbling, actually with Melky, Kevin, Philip and others developing, they are growing.

Wait until Clippard, Hughes, Cox, Gardner, and Tabata come up...

muahahahahahahahahaha. Our young guys are developing quickly.

Wait until Clippard, Hughes, Cox, Gardner, and Tabata come up...

muahahahahahahahahaha. Our young guys are developing quickly.

omg, once again, phillip hughes will be traded for someone who will help them make the playoffs this year. he is not one to name in that sentence for the yankees. in a week he'll be with someone else.

Archived