Wrigley Field update 2006

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice work bro. How difficult is it to convert everything to the night version? I'm not hinting at anything, I promise. I just don't know anything about stadium modding and I was curious.

It will probably take a very long time, because I have to sort through the entire cram32.fsh file to find any bmps that need to be replaced with bmps from the night version. I also will need to replace the sky and any stadium lighting effects.

Here is what I still need to do to the day version:

-finalize concourse

-touch-up the foul poles-----done

-fix the ad banner behind homeplate (it is too bright)-----done

-fix three buildings beyond LF

-lower fence above LF bleachers

-rearrange and add some trees

It will probably take a very long time, because I have to sort through the entire cram32.fsh file to find any bmps that need to be replaced with bmps from the night version. I also will need to replace the sky and any stadium lighting effects.

Here is what I still need to do to the day version:

-finalize concourse

-touch-up the foul poles

-fix the ad banner behind homeplate (it is too bright)

-fix lights (I'll post preview pics later)

-fix three buildings beyond LF

-lower fence above LF bleachers

-rearrange and add some trees

Sounds good man, just wondering. You're dong good work on this, keep it up.

looks like I might actually finish this dang thing. Here is a picture of changes to two buildings. I've also fixed the foul poles so the edges don't have a black shimmer anymore. I might or might not fix that house-like building to the left. It is missing a polygon and I don't no if it's worth it to replace it with the building that's actually there, since you can't really see it during gameplay anyway.

previewbuildsdn8.png

It doesn't matter to me. Whichever you'd like to work on. I haven't looked, but I'd think there would be more photos of Riverfront available than the Kingdome.

You gotta go for the dome. While it might be crap, Cinergy already exists in the game. The dome needs some love. I can provide you pictures if need be.

I might make a poll, I'm not sure. I was kind of thinking Riverfront, because I could complete it very quickly because I came up with a way to use EA's Cinergy and just completing the missing portion of stands in the outfield by using removable.o

Sounds good. Can't wait to get rid of that crappy EA version of Riverfront.

here is the final preview screen:

finalpreviewscreensa6.png

The reason I need to find the lights is because if you notice in the game, they appear extremely pale and light. I want to change this by editing the vertex properties (the way Big O suggested). Other than that, this thing is done. If I can find the lights and fix them, I will release it tonight. If not, it will have to wait until tomorrow night (wrestling tournament all day).

I have been anticipating this mod for a while, but sadly I won't be seeing it too much. (I'll be playing with an AL team my next dynasty. :) )

Anyway, will you be doing a night version? :toothless:

yes, a night version will be completed soon.

While I wait for someone to help me with the lights (can someone also tell me where the geometry for the actual light in the night version is located?), I will start working on Cinergy.

While I wait for someone to help me with the lights (can someone also tell me where the geometry for the actual light in the night version is located?), I will start working on Cinergy.

The lights and their halo effect are located in the net.o file for the night version.

The lights and their halo effect are located in the net.o file for the night version.

thank you for all of your suggestions Big O! :hail:

meanwhile, I have completed some work on cinergy. I cleared out all of the stuff beyond CF (except the construction equipment) and I resized the wall. I will now copy mstadium.ord/orl into removable.ord/orl and alphablend.ord/orl (alphablend for cinergy contains virtually nothing except a few insignificant fences). I can now rotate pieces of the seating decks around to complete the cookie-cutter. The one part that will take a while is that small lower deck because it is not continued around the stadium, it ends at the foul pole. See what I mean:

cinergyscreenui5.png

Archived