1955 season

Padres67

The many people involved in the season mods like '61 and soon to be out '67 have done a great job. I understand '64 and '69 then will be next. I would love to see the 1955 season, See if the the bums could win it again. Especially since we have the great Ebbets mod.

• 2 months later...

I think '52 would be the perfect next mod, since it was the last season of classic ball, before the Braves left Boston and everything else changed.

Musial crushing balls out of Sportsman's Park, Mantle as a rookie in Classic Yankee, the Duke of Flatbush at Ebbets Field, Ted Kluszewski at Crosley Field, And Spahn ruling at Braves Field.

At least everything but Comiskey is done, so everything between 1920 and 1965 is fair game.

One of every season would be great.

Im actually working rosters for every Royals team in history(1969-current) Not really that big of a job, no bigger than a season roster set.

Now the Pirates, Cards and some ancient NL teams would take a while.

That would be really cool to have all the seasons from around 1950 onwards completed as roster sets one day...

We've already got '61, '67, & '87 complete, with '64 '94 & '78 on the way

Since there's not going to be another pc baseball game for 5 years, it just might happen :)

That would be really cool to have all the seasons from around 1950 onwards completed as roster sets one day...

We've already got '61, '67, & '87 complete, with '64 '94 & '78 on the way

Since there's not going to be another pc baseball game for 5 years, it just might happen :)

Ive also have on sets for '77 and '81 going, along with that Royals stuff for '94 minors.

My problem is focus.

Paul W, if interested, would be one person that could come up with rosters for a '50's season. He knows his stuff especially for that era

Hint... :)

Most of the pics are already in TC as with a good amount of audios'

and more

Though this stuff is never as easy as it may seem

• 2 months later...

I just saw this thread for the first time. Ah, the fabulous fifties. I play almost all of my games from this era. I've created some interesting rosters for myself - am right now working on the 1954 Cubs (Hank Sauer, Ralph Kiner, rookie Ernie Banks, Randy Jackson,etc..). I'm really anal about my rosters and use a whole slew of references to dig up all I can on each player. I literally have a source of about 20 books I choose from. Other "oddball" fifties teams I've modded are the 1954 Washington Senators, 1957 Boston Red Sox (see my current avatar) and 1950 Cleveland Indians (Luke Easter!). I also want to put together the 1950 Boston Braves sometime. I'd be interested in consulting anyone on the 50's but putting together a whole season would be a TON of work. My pick for best year - 1956. A horserace in the NL (Brooklyn's last championship season) and Mickey nets the Triple Crown in the AL.

PaulW,

Your '50s teams would be welcomed uploads. With a new MVPEdit migration utility in the works individual teams such as those you refer to above that you have built would make the task of creating a '50s full season mod a great deal easier.

I would encourage anyone that has built individual teams that are not presently part of any mod package to upload them independently (as MVPEdit .met files) as they certainly would be welcomed additions for those that would like to use them as independent teams for personal use or especially for those considering undetaking a Full Season Mod.

I am sure your teams are of superb quality as well.

Take Care,

Don

With a new MVPEdit migration utility in the works individual teams such as those you refer to above that you have built would make the task of creating a '50s full season mod a great deal easier.

Can you go into more detail Don? What all can we do with a new MVPEdit utility?

tebjr,

It is basically an .mbe Roster File Migration Utility added to MVPEdit to allow the importing from one .mbe file to another which updates all the personal attributes (plus a few other key fields) of a player that exist in both the Source .mbe and the Destination .mbe. It updates all the MLB teams in the Destination .mbe for ALL players that exist in both. It takes about < 2 minutes to execute that feat!

Plus it also adds a listing & searching capability for Face #'s used within an .mbe.

.......... take this example I used to first test it.

I created an entire new .mbe for a 1964 test run by importing each team from the Lahman Data Base.

I then used that .mbe as my Destination .mbe file.

Using the MVPEdit .mbe Migration Utility I first used the former Early '60s roster set as the first Source file to execute against it. Then I used the Late '60s roster set as the next Source file against that same 1964 test Destination .mbe. Followed that run by using the TC*61 .mbe file as Source and then the TC67 .mbe file as my final Source .mbe against it.

Within less than 10 minutes that 1964 .mbe file was practically ready to rock. Still some tweaks needed to make it fully ready of course, but within minutes I was playing the '64 Cubs against the '64 White Sox and it all looked so good. Plus each player looked exactly like he did in the other fully completed Season Mods.

Really has me excited about the possibilities of creating Full Season Roster files within Days/Week or so versus Months it took before.

Plus as you improve on one Season Mod you can easily update the older Season Mods very quickly as well.

Very Productive Tool in my opinion ..............

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to revive this thread. As I look at this the'52 season would be a good choice to do for a starting point for the fifties. The last year of the Browns and Boston Braves-both parks have already been done. We could have a rematch of the great '52 series when the Dodgers and Yankees traded wins in the first 6-then the Yankees winning game 7 at Ebbets Field. Hope someone tackles this.

Archived