Late 1990s Cleveland Indians Uniforms

FightingBillini

Here they are.

This is my second mod created (White Sox St. Patricks Day unis), and the first time I am starting a thread to annouce it.

I made the Indians' unis from the mid-late 1990s. Growing up a Sox fan, I hated the Indians as much as imaginably possible. However, I always loved their uniforms. It is a shame they changed them in 02.

Indianshome.jpg Kenny Lofton - home jersey

Indiansroad.jpg Omar Vizquel - road jersey

Indianshomealt.jpgJim Thome - home alternate jersey

Indiansroadalt.jpgManny Ramirez - road alternate jersey

Clevelandjersey.jpgSandy Alomar Jr. - "Cleveland" road alternate jersey

Any suggestions or corrections I need to make? Thanks for your feedback.

EDIT: Since I took these pics, I added the Jacobs Field patch to the left sleeve of the home jersey, as worn from 94-96.

What did they change to? I hadn't realized they had new ones, and apparently neither does the Cooperstown database.
Dressed To The Nines is not really very accurate, especially for current/recent stuff. The biggest difference is that the current uniforms also use grey/silver in the wordmarks & numbers (not sure about the player names), and the late 90's didn't.

They are very similar, however.

Dressed To The Nines is not really very accurate, especially for current/recent stuff. The biggest difference is that the current uniforms also use grey/silver in the wordmarks & numbers (not sure about the player names), and the late 90's didn't.

They are very similar, however.

Got it, thanks.

I was also going to ask if we could use them in an upcoming Total Classics release. The '99 Indians are in Total Classics and it would be great to have them wear these uniforms. Let me know if we have your permission to use them. Credit will be given in the readme file.

Yes, it would be an honor to have my jerseys included in Total Classics. Just make sure to list kapnkirk13 as the creator of the font.

KC - I just checked, and I did use your shoes. I am sorry. I credited you for your templates in the README, but I incorrectly credited UMachines for the shoes. I will release an updated version of the jerseys soon (with the late 90's "Cleveland" road alt), and I will credit you in that. Sorry.

I just released version 2.0.

In it, I corrected the shoe credit, and credited it to KCcitystar.

I added the Indians' road alternate from 1998(?)-2001, with Cleveland on the chest and red piping. (picture added to original post)

I also took the MLB logo off the back of all the jerseys for accuracy reasons. The MLB logo didn't appear on jerseys until 2000.

Archived