Removing batting helmets for caps pre '60s?

Sidewinder

Can the batting helmets be replaced by caps for the older teams? I believe helmets were not used until the '50s. Not sure on this though, but it rings a bell.

I am guessing no, because as thorough as the TC guys are they probably would have done so already.

its a jersey thing i believe. if you look at the mvp legends jerseys they have hats

You're correct, they do have hats when they are up to bat. What's strange, however, is if you look at the individual parts of the uniform, hlm1 object (which is the batting helmet) looks like a normal batting helmet.

It's possible that there is something special coded in the game so that if the Legends are playing, they are shown with hats when they bat rather than hats.

I suppose you could replace the helmets with the hats, but you'd have to edit every single uniform (home, away, alt) for every team you wanted to update.

You're correct, they do have hats when they are up to bat. What's strange, however, is if you look at the individual parts of the uniform, hlm1 object (which is the batting helmet) looks like a normal batting helmet.
I imagine it's coded into the game executable, it's probably specific to the uniform slot. I bet if you took the Legends uniforms and overwrote one of the A's "Kansas City" throwback slots, you'd see batting helmets.

Archived