MVP06 Text Overhaul

MagicHands8686

I started working on this mod a little while ago to give MVP a new fresher look for 06. I really only did this mod for myself but now that it’s almost done I figured I would see if anyone else wanted it. Basically I just rewrote a lot of the text in the game and updated all of the scouting reports; everything I’ve done so far is purely cosmetic. Here are some pictures of what I mean for anyone who doesn’t understand what I’m talking about.

Main Menu

mainmenufh4.jpg

Game Types/Game Modes

gametypesqd2.jpg

General Manager Mode/Owner Mode

generalmanagermodevr5.jpg

Front Office/Roster Management

frontofficegl4.jpg

Edit Rosters/Rosters

editrostersim9.jpg

Scouting Reports

scoutingreportbl2.jpg

Lineup Card/Batting Order

gradeslw4.jpg

Bullpen

bullpenwk3.jpg

Position Alignment

alignmentnh2.jpg

I’m not sure if anyone else is even going to want this but I figured I would ask since it’s almost done.

how about ironman or cal rating....just for kicks

I like the idea of Ironman rating.

But before I get too far ahead of myself, does anyone know whose permission I need to get for this. Because I updated the text in the FEENG.LOC and IGENG.LOC files from the MVP06 mod and I'm not really sure who did the work on them.

Looks like an interesting mod. I actually did the same thing in September but it made my game crash. (I made the e-mails too long).

Like to get one that works now. ;)

I haven’t even touched the e-mails. But I was already thinking about doing them for a future release.

I’ll keep the crashing issue in mind whenever I finally get around to doing the e-mails.

Wonderful idea.

Agree with the dismissal of Heart. Some guys have heart, just not health (Cliff Floyd every year, Griffey, Big Hurt, etc).

My thing is that it would take me a long time to get used to where things are.

I scratched the Heart thing and decided to go with Endurance.

This is the reason why I wasn’t sure if I should upload it when it’s done. I know a lot of people might just find it confusing and rather pointless.

Archived