Diamond Jaxx and Maverick Unis

thr33niL

Not a big deal here. Just thought I would post up the results of my first uniform attempt. The Mariners just got two new affiliates; the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx (AA) and the High Desert Mavericks (A). I figured I would clean their uniforms up along with upping the rez. Big thanks to Spungo for the gloves and cleats. Awesome stuff. I tend to butcher them by fudging with the colors but you can't really tell in game so it works for me.

jaxxpreviewrv1.jpg

mavspreviewio0.jpg

If anyone has any constructive critisizm to toss my way, its appreciated. Like I said, this is my first shot at working on uniforms. Also, not sure why but it seems to be pretty limited in how many pieces of gear you can 2X. I ran into some kind of stopper that said something about being "full". When I dropped the resolution back down, it would work. 2Xed or increased the jerseys, batting gloves and cleats. Was unable to go past the standard (128/256) on the pants. Even 192/384 was too much it seems.

Was it the "BUFSZ" that was full? You can make it higher, but I'm not sure if there's a specific way you have to do it. The unis look great, except the Mavs sleeves are a different shade than the jersey. Good job!

Are you talking about the Jaxx sleeves? I didn't even notice that. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, Im running into that BUFSZ full deal. I think it said something about the increasing something in the index to fix it but I didn't what to mess anything up until I read something about it.

To increase the size of the BUFSZ, which is the buffer for the amount of memory allocated to importing the files into the .fsh file, just open the index.fsh in Notepad, then look for the line that starts off with "BUFSZ" (it's on the 5th line in my Waterfront Park index.fsh, but it might be different in other files) and change the value after it. So, if the original is "BUFSZ 20000", for example, that would allocate 20000 bytes (19.53kb) of memory to the repacking of the file. If the file needs more memory than the 19.53kb you've allocated it to repack the file, it'll show that error and refuse to repack. If you change it to 30000 ("BUFSZ 30000") bytes (29.27kb) and the total amount of memory required to repack the file is 25000 bytes (24.41kb), it'll work.

In other words, if the program doesn't allocate enough memory to repack the file, it'll fail. If you change the value so that more memory is allocated, it should work.

Hope that makes sense. :)

To increase the size of the BUFSZ, which is the buffer for the amount of memory allocated to importing the files into the .fsh file, just open the index.fsh in Notepad, then look for the line that starts off with "BUFSZ" (it's on the 5th line in my Waterfront Park index.fsh, but it might be different in other files) and change the value after it. So, if the original is "BUFSZ 20000", for example, that would allocate 20000 bytes (19.53kb) of memory to the repacking of the file. If the file needs more memory than the 19.53kb you've allocated it to repack the file, it'll show that error and refuse to repack. If you change it to 30000 ("BUFSZ 30000") bytes (29.27kb) and the total amount of memory required to repack the file is 25000 bytes (24.41kb), it'll work.

In other words, if the program doesn't allocate enough memory to repack the file, it'll fail. If you change the value so that more memory is allocated, it should work.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Karma to MarkB - Thanks man, I'll give it a shot.

I did a High Desert uniform update last year. Have you seen it?

You know what.. I never even checked the download section for either team to see if they were already done. Just figured it would be a good time to learn how to edit uniforms.

The Jaxx look good to go but the Mavs still have the front part of the uniform a different color red than the sleeve.

Is it my monitor? I really don't see the color difference. I know I aint color blind.

Heres the jersey and sleeve Im using.

0010vs5.png

0026lf5.png

Maybe the jersey has more of an orange tint? ...idunnno

Jim is right. When I first started making unis, I had the same problem. The logos on the caps and helmets don't look right if you paste them on as-is, since the bmps are stretched in game. I can't remember the proportions jim gave me, but I believe you want to make the width about 130% wider...just make sure you don't have proportions linked when you transform/scale/resize.

Something along these lines:

capug6.png

Archived