The Modder-Moddee Relationship-Some People don't get it.

fuzzone

i uploaded 4 packs. you can install the packs anywhere you want, please use the latest version of studio just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

the 2000 Yanks Met file is for AA division(22 Man). I'm aware i didnt include a 25 man roster for the 2000 yanks and im aware i didnt include a 22 man roster for the 87 Cards. The other 2 packages include 22 man and 25 man met files.

Ok maybe I am sensitive

But if we are to play the 2000 WS I think we should include a playoff roster for it with this MOD

1) Ricky Ledee why have him in the roster if U put David Justice in it. Aren't they traded for each other. I would rather see Jose Vizcaino who got the big hit in that great extra inn G1.

2)Jim Leyritz man the guy wasn't even with the team when the season ended. He did nothing that year, whereas Glenallen Hill did great for us. Think he hit like 10 HR in short amount of time and help us clinch the pennant when we couldn't score any run at the end of the season.

3)Shane Spencer U can replace the guy, wasn't doing much, and reason why we got Justice, Luis Polonia , & back than not Steriod Jose Canseco.

i'm having problems fuzz,

heres what i do-

-I load up MVPStudio thing that you made

-then "Installers A Modders Package"

-then since i jsut want the roster, i check "Include MVPEdit's.MET File?"

-then sellect the file "2000Mets-25Man.met"

-then i click "Create MVP 2004*.dat Files"

-then when its done i exit out the editor, go into the folder "FuzZstudioFinal29"

-then "bin

-then "final_team"

-then "dat_files"

-i coppy al lthe files in my "MVP 2004> Data" folder replacing the files that were there

-Then i start the game, when i go to edit roster, to see al lthe players, the ratingas are all screwed up, and the Created players look all the same, and everyone except the real players ratings suck.

now what am i doing wrong? thanks lots fuzZ (or whoever helps me)

and i can add the 2000 Yankees to the same roster rite? so i can have bolth the 2000 Yankees and the 2000 Mets on the same roster rite?

Ok maybe I am sensitive

But if we are to play the 2000 WS I think we should include a playoff roster for it with this MOD

1) Ricky Ledee why have him in the roster if U put David Justice in it. Aren't they traded for each other. I would rather see Jose Vizcaino who got the big hit in that great extra inn G1.

2)Jim Leyritz man the guy wasn't even with the team when the season ended. He did nothing that year, whereas Glenallen Hill did great for us. Think he hit like 10 HR in short amount of time and help us clinch the pennant when we couldn't score any run at the end of the season.

3)Shane Spencer U can replace the guy, wasn't doing much, and reason why we got Justice, Luis Polonia , & back than not Steriod Jose Canseco.

baseballfans - You made the same type of comments when I released my 1996 Yankees package last week. You were the only one that made comments like this, but to try to be a nice guy, I agreed to do a '96 World Series roster, created it, and released a new '96 Yankees package within

2 days.

Maybe I'm being sensitive here (and I'm sure I am), but I didn't hear anything from you for doing this, not even a simple "thanks" on the message board. I know I may get ripped for expecting any sort of gratitude for modifying the '96 package for you, but it would have been a nice gesture, since I could have just ignored your comments. I do these packages because I want to do them and I share them because I think others may like them as well. I guess I just need to toughen up my skin and learn to ignore feedback.... :banghead:

Above, when you say, "I think we should include a playoff roster for it", what you really mean is "I think you (meaning Fuzz) should include a playoff roster for it", right?

As I found, creating the roster files is not that hard since the Lahman database fills in most everything for you. It would be pretty simple for you to just add these players yourself. This way you can have the roster that YOU want, rather than telling others what is wrong with their rosters. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, because that's not my intention. I guess I'm starting to understand the frustration that other modders have experienced.

Stepping off my soap box now,

- Jim

i'm having problems fuzz,

heres what i do-

-I load up MVPStudio thing that you made

-then "Installers A Modders Package"

-then since i jsut want the roster, i check "Include MVPEdit's.MET File?"

-then sellect the file "2000Mets-25Man.met"

-then i click "Create MVP 2004*.dat Files"

-then when its done i exit out the editor, go into the folder "FuzZstudioFinal29"

-then "bin

-then "final_team"

-then "dat_files"

-i coppy al lthe files in my "MVP 2004> Data" folder replacing the files that were there

-Then i start the game, when i go to edit roster, to see al lthe players, the ratingas are all screwed up, and the Created players look all the same, and everyone except the real players ratings suck.

now what am i doing wrong? thanks lots fuzZ (or whoever helps me)

and i can add the 2000 Yankees to the same roster rite? so i can have bolth the 2000 Yankees and the 2000 Mets on the same roster rite?

read the instructions carefully. DID YOU CLICK ON "VIEW MET FILE" and then select WHERE YOU WANT TO INSTALL YOUR TEAM. You have to apply the met file somewhere.

Don't copy anything yourself either.

click on IMPORT TO GAME DIRECTORY.

Ok maybe I am sensitive

There's a lot of yankee packs out there. I do the packs collectively based on the year,not playoffs, i do it collectively based on the year because of variety.

read the instructions carefully. DID YOU CLICK ON "VIEW MET FILE" and then select WHERE YOU WANT TO INSTALL YOUR TEAM. You have to apply the met file somewhere.

Don't copy anything yourself either.

click on IMPORT TO GAME DIRECTORY.

thanks i'm gonna be trying that rite now

and i can hgave Yankees & Mets on the same save rite? if so how?

Jim, you should have never released the playoff version of the met file. You do what you can and move on.

You're probably right, but I figured I'd be a nice guy and help him out. Oh well, live and learn..... :)

I tried what u said fuzZ, and it still doesnt work, and my main menue is all screwed up too, like nothing says what it should say, its all messed up, and the "Click th Start" menue is screwed up too it doesn't say "Click To Start" please help me, tell me what happened

are you using any kind of total minors roster? Did you rename a team..that could be a reason your thing is messed up, you might have renamed a team wrong.

why dont you tell me the steps you did and maybe i can help you out.

and tell me as much as you can about what mods you have previously installed, where you installed mvp studio, where is the met file located?

are you using any kind of total minors roster? Did you rename a team..that could be a reason your thing is messed up, you might have renamed a team wrong.

why dont you tell me the steps you did and maybe i can help you out.

and tell me as much as you can about what mods you have previously installed, where you installed mvp studio, where is the met file located?

Mods I Have Installed-

-A Bunch Of Stadiums

-"Mets baseball On WB11" Overlay

-Anaheim Angels Cyberface pack by rolie

-Boricuapapi1885's Mets Face Pack

-Boricuapapi1885's LA Dodgers Face Pack

-rolie's Boston Red Sox 2004 cyber facepack

-About all of the "2xLite" jersey packs

-Version 4 Bats

-Cris Manny Ramirez Click to Start Screen

-bigm1kesrosterv7

and thats bout it

And i already told u the steps thats EXACTALLY what I did

I Installed MVPStudio thing to my desktop, its in its own folder

The MET file is also on my desktop Desktop>2000Mets-Package

then the 2 MET files are in there

open up the readme file and goto the section that says FIRST THINGS FIRST!!

First Things First

- Do not extract the archive of this application you’ve downloaded to your desktop or to documents and settings. Do not extract to your game directory either.

- Whether your using the Uni_Editor or the Team creator, both create an ORIGINALS folder inside the application folder. C:whateveroriginals

if your not going to waste your time looking through the read me file, then why should iwaste my time answering your questions?

open up the readme file and goto the section that says FIRST THINGS FIRST!!

if your not going to waste your time looking through the read me file, then why should iwaste my time answering your questions?

my bad i browsed through the READMe, my bad i'll read readmes from now on :oops:

also whats the backup file for the team names? because i changed the mets name to "2000 N.Y Mets" before i installed the .met file, if that means annything

If I in anyway offended anyone here.

Please do forgive me.

I truely appreicate anyone mods work, especially rosters since it take so much time to input everyone name and insure game play use with rating etc... I do thank the works of fuzzone & Jim825 deeply.

I am just being honest of what my opinion is. I just feel if U traded Ricky Ledee for David Justice it make no sense to have them on the same roster. Cause they never played with each other and putting them together goes against what really happen during the season.

If I in anyway offended anyone here.

Please do forgive me.

I truely appreicate anyone mods work, especially rosters since it take so much time to input everyone name and insure game play use with rating etc... I do thank the works of fuzzone & Jim825 deeply.

I am just being honest of what my opinion is. I just feel if U traded Ricky Ledee for David Justice it make no sense to have them on the same roster. Cause they never played with each other and putting them together goes against what really happen during the season.

ok, and lets say someone wants to start a game with ricky ledee(before the david justice trade?)...and what if someone wants to set up their roster before the game to have david justice(after the trade)..they dont have to be on the field the same time.

I appreciate your comments, but i find it unnecessary to modify the roster. Thanks for your support anyway. Download the 1984 Mets and Tigers, you may like those much better. They are my favorite,especially the uniforms.

But fuzzone

If the roster logo stated 2000 World Series Yankees, then

don't U think it would be nice to have post season roster players.

There are couple of players that play no role on the regular season, I think can replace with key player who do well in REGULAR season and was in the WS.

Jim Leyritz for Glenallen Hill etc.. stated on my first post here.

Being a New Yorker Do u really feel the Yankees would had won the WS with Ricky Ledee or even possibly the AL pennant.

That year we barely make it to the playoff with 80+ wins as I recall. Hill short season explosion provided us the offense that led us to win the pennant. Justice got the biggest hit against Seattle to help us to the WS. I think most die hard Yankees fans will agree Ledee in the regular season was not why we won that year.

But fuzzone

If the roster logo stated 2000 World Series Yankees, then

don't U think it would be nice to have post season roster players.

There are couple of players that play no role on the regular season, I think can replace with key player who do well in REGULAR season and was in the WS.

Jim Leyritz for Glenallen Hill etc.. stated on my first post here.

Being a New Yorker Do u really feel the Yankees would had won the WS with Ricky Ledee or even possibly the AL pennant.

That year we barely make it to the playoff with 80+ wins as I recall. Hill short season explosion provided us the offense that led us to win the pennant. Justice got the biggest hit against Seattle to help us to the WS. I think most die hard Yankees fans will agree Ledee in the regular season was not why we won that year.

::yawn:: this isn't getting anywhere and im still not going to do it.lol.

the roster logo states world series because its the year they won the world series. And I'm a die hard fan too, but if being a die-hard fan results in me doing something "extra" for you, in my free time, then I'll just be that guy that didn't really care all that much.

You dont like the package, don't use it. I know your not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but you can talk all you want about this..so knock yourself out. pound your head against the wall :banghead:

Archived