The Fenway Project- WIP

Sean O

Hey Guys,

Echo everything said already about this Masterpiece! Absolutely stunning!

Question: If I elect to place it in the Fenway Classic slot versus the Fenway Day slot will it still maintain proper colision detection, dugouts, bullpen etc etc. If not I will certainly just leave it in the Fenway day slot but I am just curious regarding the impact of moving it to the Fenway Classic slot as I know nothing about stadium modding.

Thanks so much for this '67 Jewel !!! I will enjoy it often and for a very long time ....................

Don

stecropper-

Yeah, everything is self-contained within the .big file, so you can put it where you feel best. Heck, since we didn't change any collision detection for '67, I would say just replace 2006 Fenway, but that's just me.

HCL-

I left the crowd in the bleachers dark to be sure they didn't interfere with the batter's eye at all. I know on the EA version the center field wall covers pretty much everything, but for safety's sake I'll leave it like that.

If we release a future version I can lighten the bullpen crowd a bit.

No no, I meant around homeplate. It makes the game a late afternoon game, that's all I was saying.
It's always done that, even with the default EA version. Instead of having Day and Night versions, I believe that Fenway has has Dusk and Night versions.

Just wanted to let you guys know that this is great work! I am really enjoying playing on the 1967 Fenway. The grass has an excellent texture... as well as the old Green Monster.

Not sure, but I believe that the distance doen the left field line was 315 ft in those days. Just something to keep in mind for future versions.

Fry-

Going to get a bit technical here, so stay with me. Back in those days, the left field line said 315, but the diamond itself has remained in the same location since the Yawkey's 1934 renovation. It said 315, then 312 for all those years, but in reality it was the same distance it is now. They changed it to 310 after doing more accurate measures from home to the wall, so it's somewhere between 305 and 310.

If we update it further we'll change the graphic to 315 (or 312, depending on the year), but the dimensions themselves are as accurate as we can get.

• 2 weeks later...

1). walls around the bleachers were raised 10-15 feet, killing any view of the skyline over center and really making it feel more claustrophobic.

2). The ads were built into these extended walls.

3). the .406 Club was built.

4). Depending on the year, the jumbotron in center over the bleachers.

5). no scoreboard in right over the bleachers.

6). slight change to the Monster scoreboard.

7). Except for '86, the park's home team really sucked.

Possibly, but I'm going on a bit of a hiatus, and Paul's more of a 50's-60's guy than anything recently, so it'd be a long way off.

Thanks for the interest though, I appreciate it. I'm just coming to terms with the subtle changes at Fenway that removed the claustrophobic feeling of old, so the 80's version isn't exactly my favorite. If we start getting a rush of 80's mods, the inspiration is much more likely to come.

• 3 months later...

I doubt i'll get to it anytime soon, but if anyone has high-quality pictures of Fenway from the 80's (86 world series, for example) through the mid-90s, post 'em here.

It shouldn't take a ton of work to merge the work from '67 Fenway into the modern version, but I sure am burnt out now. We'll see.

Archived